Core 2024.2.0 update fail

I have an HA installation over Home Assistant Blue hardware from long time
the software version is Home Assistant OS 11.5 and Core 2024.1.6

I tried to upgrade to core 2024.2.0 (last) but no success.
I’ve tried many times, even rebooting, but also turning off and on again the box but no luck, the update seems to end normally but in reality the core version always remains 2024.1.6, it doesn’t update.
I also tried to update from the CLI, same thing, the update seem to run for a long time and then gives the message that the installation was completed successfully but it’s not true, the old version always remains.
Inthe past time I’ve always done all the updates without problems, never one problem, but this time I don’t know how to get out of it.
Any suggestion is very welcome.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. What device you’re using? I’m on a generic-x86_64.

I’ve had in the past that the update was rolled back after seemingly sucessful because one integration took extrememely long to initialise (caused by a missing device tracker). Disabeling it and fixing the problem with it helped. What integration caused it was obvious from the messages during the update in the companion app - it was there very long. The rollback was visible in the logs.

Nothing wrong with the docker image, the upgrade was successful for me

Check your hashes

root@svr1:~# podman images | grep home
ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant  stable             fe900ecf5507  4 hours ago    1.98 GB
ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant  old-stable         ad7a85fceeae  7 days ago     2.09 GB

Not updating for me as well. Using a mini-pc. Past updates were okay, but not with 2024.2.0

Interesting, maybe an issue with haos or supervisor

Have you guys rebooted the host and tried the upgrade again?

same failed

i read hikvision HACS integration can cause it to fail. i trying disabling and no joy, then i deleted the integration and sure enough it updated right away.

2 Likes

Same here on generic-x86_64.
Rebooting and trying again does not help. Same
Endless loop of updating (reboots) and same 2024.2.0 is there:

Had the same issue would not update till I delated Hikvision integration but now I can’t get the Hikvision app to reconnect just come up unexpected error . have rolled back to 2024.1.6

Thanks for the suggestion!
I also have Hikvision integration. Did you simply deleted Hikvision integration and tried to update again?

I removed the Hikvision HACS integration and the update was successful for me.

Thank you for the heads up!

same. i can’t get it back working. There is an issue logged in the gibhub page for the integration. you can follow along that issue here Hikvision integration crashes latest Home Assistant 2024.2 · Issue #138 · maciej-or/hikvision_next · GitHub

Thank you!

Same for me - thank for the HACS tip @Fram I couldn’t work out why it was not possible to delete the Hikvision Integration!

Probably just given me the impetus to fully switch over to the Scripted addon which doesn’t have the same video lag and pops up PIP video on my Apple TV.

hi
Home Assistant Blue box, the one made from HA team.
the main hardware is an Odroid N2+
fantastic hardware, but this time…

hi, same here.

yes
many time, also the full shutdown, no success

now all is running…
removed the Hikvision HACS integration and the update was successful for me

1 Like

I do not have Hikvision, but I can’t update on Odroid N2+
Any other known integrations that are problematic?