Costco Feit Dual Outlet Outdoor Smart Plug

BN Link outdoor wifi plug on sale today, going to pick up a couple

Hey guys, i needed another type of these plugs for some garage tools where it gets really dusty, decided to try this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB63CYN/ and it flashed no problems, but it did require a bit of soldering. This nice thing about this one it has two individual relays.

1 Like

That link didnā€™t work for me, but https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB63CYN/ does :slight_smile:

EDIT: this link no longer works either.

Thatā€™s the one! I posted a quick and dirty write up with pics here since this is the FEIT thread.

Hey all,
For those who land here added this for the Teckin SS33: Teckin SS33 Outdoor Wifi Plug

Actually, now you can flash beken chip devices over the air with an esphome port using tuya-cloudcutter.

Its like tuya-convert, so now Iā€™m specifically looking for beken chip devices. On beken devices, its all OTA, but after tuya-convertā€™s exploit got patched, esp devices require soldering.

I myself flashed Feit smart switches from Costco with great success. I used my trusty raspberry pi but any debian linux box with AP functionality will work.

1 Like

This is old thread, but in case anyone searchesā€¦

A lot of the later Tuya devices will have patched firmware and tuya-cloudcutter will not be able to exploit OTA now.

I bought a 2-pack of those WiFi Remote Control smart outlets that are branded as ā€œPrimeā€ but look same as the Feit ones. Was $11.99 CAD on sale. They are firmware 1.1.15 which is not exploitable.

I think tuya-cloudcutter is good for old/existing devices that one may happen to have around and want to exploit, but I would not recommend buying any Tuya device just to re-flash with ESPHome or Tasmotoa etc. - there are better options. The hardware is also junkā€¦ .when I took one apart to examine the chip, the hot wire fell off and I had to resolderā€¦ wires not even tinned, looks like was welded onto the AC receptacle. Being an outdoor plug that could get banged around, this wire could have broke off and caused hazard. Returning to Costco.

Yeah. Got a smart plug on aliexpress and it had a beken chip on 1.1.15. Couldnā€™t flash it OTA.

If the device has accessible serial solder pads, you can still flash OpenBeken over serial.