Count Lights that ar not a group

Hello,

I am trying to count the individual lights that are on in my house without including deconz_groups or other groups.

I figured out how to count all lights. But groups are still included. Anyone figured this out already?

- platform: template
  sensors:
    count_lights_on:
      friendly_name: 'Totaal aantal lampen aan'
      value_template: "{{ states.light | selectattr( 'state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}"

The deconz groups can be identified by “is_deconz_group: true”. Not sure how to detect light goup templates.

sensors:
    count_lights_on:
      value_template: "{{ states.light | rejectattr('attributes.is_deconz_group', 'eq', true) | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}"
2 Likes

This does filter out the deconz groups! Thank you for that!

Any idea on how to also filter out template light groups?

light:
  - platform: group
    name: Rail
    entities:
      - light.rail_1
      - light.rail_2
      - light.rail_3
      - light.rail_4
      - light.rail_5

A Light Group entity has an attribute called entity_id so we can reject any light entity that has this attribute defined.

sensors:
    count_lights_on:
      value_template: >
        {{ states.light 
          | rejectattr('attributes.is_deconz_group', 'eq', true)
          | rejectattr('attributes.entity_id', 'defined') 
          | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on')
          | list | count }}
9 Likes

Thank you for your help!

1 Like
    sensors:
      count_lights_on:
      friendly_name: "Totaal aantal lampen aan"
      value_template: "{{ states.light | rejectattr('attributes.is_Purifier_leds', 'eq', true) | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}"

I tried this also with my own settings (Purifier_leds)

But everytime when i add this in my configuration.yaml it says that i am not able to restart home assistant any more…

I just want to have a counter with all my light entities. But i am reading multiple solutions in the same value_template.
And mine are not working.

Probleem tijdens het herstarten van Home Assistant

argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable

I feel i am doing something dumb because i don’t understand those value_template stuff.

Would you be so kind and copy the code (not a picture) into the code editor here by using the </> button?

done that now

Thank you (I wasn’t sure if you had the right quotes in it). The indendation is wrong, it has to be like that:

sensors:
      count_lights_on:
        friendly_name: "Totaal aantal lampen aan"
        value_template: "{{ states.light | rejectattr('attributes.is_Purifier_leds', 'eq', true) | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}"

it does count all lights.

But somehow the exclusion for purifier_leds are not working or not used to count off the total. What is wrong.

Check the spelling in Developer Tools - States.

I’m trying to make this work not counting the hue groups. Hoping this was simular as the deconz_groups.

When I try the code given below in the developer tools i get
'UndefinedError: 'homeassistant.util.read_only_dict.ReadOnlyDict object' has no attribute 'is_hue_group' Does anyone has an idea?

sensors:
    count_lights_on:
        {{ states.light 
          | rejectattr('attributes.is_hue_group', 'eq', true)
          | list | count }}

{{ states.light 
          | rejectattr('attributes.is_hue_group', 'defined')
          | list | count }}

1 Like

Hi,
I simply cannot get my head around this.

Inspired by one of the YouTube videos I have watched, I want to add a Mushroom Chip card showing me a lightbulb icon and the number of lights that are on in the house.

I have been told that this is the code that is used in the configuration.yaml file:

sensor:
    sensors:
      count_lights_on:
        friendly_name: "Lys Tændt"
        unit_of_measurement: "on"
        value_template: "{{ states.light | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count }}"

After I add this code and restart my HA, I can see that an entity has shown up on my entity list the the friendly name I had given to it. However, I can see by the status icon that the entity is “read-only”.

I am also not able to select the above, as an entity in my Mushroom Chip card list.

Ideally, I want to have the following 2 chip cards:

One for count of how many outdoor lights are on
One for count of how many indoor lights are on

But I am guessing that I can achieve by grouping the lights. At this point, I don’t get any counts.

Please, help me figure this out.

Disclaimer: I have no HA experience before now.

Thank you!

I’m trying to set up this with Z2M light groups. Unfortunately, the entities don’t include such an attribute like ‘light’ or ‘…group’.

Is there a way to get the attribute set by z2m or is there another way to exclude such z2m light groups from counting?

Edit:
Never mind… just noticed, that (light) groups don’t have the attribute ‘linkquality’. So I can check against this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance you can tell me how you did it? I am also running into the issue that my z2m light groups are counted. Thanks!