☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

You defined

auto_global_condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.screen_automation_bypass_woonkamer_groot
        state: "on"

But according to your screenshot it’s currently “off”

Could you please try the newest version 2024.01.29-03?
And I have added a config check for the sun-attributes.
Probably not for you now, but for others in the future. You could activate it, set it to CRITICAL and run it once.

Indeed because that is how i interpreted this condition based on the text next to it. “An additional condition the blocks the entire automation from being executed”.

So i understood… if Bypass is ON, automation is NOT executed. If Bypass is OFF, automation IS executed.

Are you saying it is the other way around?

I reconfigured the “bypass condition” to match off instead of on. let’s see what happens when the sun shines again tomorrow :slight_smile: Thanks for you help so far

Originally they were even blockers. Then I turned it around and apparently forgot the description. But that’s a good sign that the texts are at least being read. I will readjust that.

Sorry for that.

2 Likes

Did - but cannot find anything related to this blueprint in „Protokolle“ or how can I set the systems default to critical as well!?

I have checked everything as best I can. I can’t find any obvious errors.

Or could it be that the automation has already been saved with a different value and this has already been executed in the background?

I don’t really believe that is the case. Especially because the default value is 0 and at 17:00 it should have been somewhere around ~1 for you in Germany.

This can be activated in the blueprint configuration. The automation must then be executed once manually. But I don’t think that’s the problem either. I can see your sun. :slight_smile:

ok, this i did, but no logged output, hm…

Did you see my chat message here?

I think I have found the error. We have already discussed this in the chat.

The following does not exist. It only existed before the release.

auto_brightness_options: auto_brightness_disabled

And therefore “Automation options” are not really set for you.

Please reconfigure and try again tomorrow.

If you like, you can show me your updated settings first.

Important: You can only use the brightness control if you have also specified a brightness sensor. Otherwise it will actually be triggered too early. Brightness was not really deactivated with your old settings.

I have the problem that the blinds are not down this evening. I get the messages in the log when I activate the configuration check and start the automation manually.
Have I forgotten to configure something?

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:2318
First occurred: 17:13:18 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:15:44

Template variable error: 'today' is undefined when rendering '{{ today(time_up_early) >= today(time_up_late) }}'
Template variable error: 'today' is undefined when rendering '{{ today(time_up_early_non_workday) >= today(time_up_late) }}'
Template variable error: 'today' is undefined when rendering '{{ today(time_down_early) >= today(time_down_late) }}'

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.script
Source: helpers/script.py:800
First occurred: 12:12:25 (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:15:44

Error in 'choose[1]' evaluation: In 'template' condition: TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'
Error in 'if[0]' evaluation: In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'today' is undefined

alias: Shuttercontrol - Küche_F2
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.kueche_f2_rollo
    auto_options:
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
      - auto_brightness_enabled
      - auto_sun_enabled
    time_up_early: "06:00:00"
    time_up_early_non_workday: "07:30:00"
    time_up_late: "08:00:00"
    time_down_late: "22:00:00"
    default_brightness_sensor: sensor.ms_garagentur_illuminance
    brightness_up: 45
    brightness_down: 42
    workday_sensor: binary_sensor.workday_sensor
    shading_azimuth_start: 143
    shading_azimuth_end: 233
    shading_temperatur_sensor1: sensor.weatherman_sonnen_temperatur
    shading_min_temperatur1: 35
    shading_tilt_position: 50
    shading_cover_position: 30
    shading_waitingtime_start: 60
    shading_waitingtime_end: 300
    sun_elevation_up: 0
    sun_elevation_down: 0
    check_config_debuglevel: critical
    check_config: true

The “today” warning is known and already fixed. But I was not able to upload the fix until now.

The other issue: Same problem here. My blinds are still open. I check this.

I have reverted a change I made yesterday so that everything works again for the time being. I’ll have to take some time to think about this, but I already suspected that it wouldn’t work.

Please update to version 2024.01.30-02 (min).

I still find your second code post strange. This should have nothing to do with it and could be a configuration error. Please try the current version.

With this version, no configuration check errors appear in the log during manual start. Will see tomorrow morning/evening whether the shutters operate correctly…
Thx

Update: shutters opened and closed as configured :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

and ofcourse… today it worked like a charm. Thanks again for your support!

1 Like

Hallo @Herr.Vorragend ,
I am glad to learn that you have picked up and continue the fantastic work from @Eimeel .

I will switch over to CCA for my cover automations.

If you allow I would like to ask if it is possible to add a more sophisticated calendar for individual opening and closing times. More like individual programmes per day.

Interesting idea. How exactly would that work? How would you imagine it?
Do you have an appointment for the travel times on each day? Or do you mark whole days that should then be driven differently?

I posted this in another thread but since this seems to be the most up to date automation blueprint i’ll post it here – Is there a way to setup multiple shade positions depending on sun location? My blinds are hardwired so it would be nice to partially shade and full shade depending on where the sun is

Hi @Herr.Vorragend, well, the work shift schedule might change or be different per weekday. Or pupils have later school on certain days.
So it would be great if it would be possible to open the rollers e.g. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:30am, on Tuesday at 7:30 and on Thursday at 8:15. On Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 (or dependent on the sun elevation). Same for closing during the weekdays at 22:30 but on weekends on 23:15.