☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I will leave everything as I originally planned it.

Then it really was just individual cases that had a different opinion here in the thread.

New update

BREAKING CHANGE: Reconfiguration of lockout protection necessary!

2024.05.22-01:
  - Added: Separation of the contact sensors for ventilation and lockout protection
    BREAKING CHANGE: Reconfiguration of lockout protection necessary!
  - Updated: Combining the shading triggers. No more problems with waiting times and retriggers.
  - Fixed: Do not close after closing the contact if 'Automatic Closing' is disabled
  - Fixed: Missing shading force trigger
  - Fixed: Prevent trigger with invalid status

QUESTION

Does anyone really use cover groups successfully in CCA? I would like to get rid of some code ballast. And I’m still of the opinion that groups in CCA are absolutely not a good idea.

maybe the new version will fix some of my issues :slight_smile:

for me its not neccessary to group covers, :slight_smile:

Oh, you can tax groups there? :wink:
So no, no groups.

Am I the only one for whom the shading has stopped working since the latest update?

1 Like

Firstly i tried it with groups, but you mentioned its better to have single automations, which i followed and do not regret.

at least one of my shadings worked after the update :slight_smile:

Is that a good or bad quota? :wink:

thats a good question ;)…but i would say, that the conditions for the other automations are not true. So for now all is fine :slight_smile:

I am almost certain that my conditions were met and that none of the roller blinds in question were driven into the shading.
The weather is supposed to be quite bad here tomorrow, so testing is unlikely to work. Let’s see how it behaves with the next sun.

I’ve been using this version for a few days now and can’t find any errors.
Of course I can’t test every combination. So if it is something serious, please send me a trace.

I resisted it for a long time, but have now decided to go for it. I now also have a Donate button. But don’t feel obliged. It’s also a kind of hobby here.

1 Like

Hi @Herr.Vorragend

Great idea, amazing blueprint!
Since few days I’m trying to get it work for my 8 rollers driven with Shelly’s Plus 2PM. There are different scenarios with mixed options. For daily open/close I want to use sun elevation, not the fixed times/timeframes.
It works only partially:

• shading runs as expected
  • ventilation only opens, but not closig back
  • up/down at sun elevation doesn’t work at all

Would you please have a look? Traces/config for Kitchen example:

I fear, I don’t understand something in the logic of your blueprint.

I have a problem to understand:

1. Force Immediate Closing (I’m using it when alarm from HomeMatic is activated):

If the status of this entity changes to on or true, the cover is closed immediately and without further checking.

→ that’s OK, should do so

After forcing a state, you must ensure that you move to the correct target position yourself.

→ how to? Trigger the roller by switch manually? by another automation? Is it not enough to set the alarm entity to OFF to process default automations (open, close, and further)?

Force is a final state that cannot be cancelled or resetted by CCA. The default automations (open, close, and further) will never be able to override a force. The force feature must therefore be cancelled manually beforehand.

→ like above: how to cancel the force feature? Trigger the roller by switch manually? by another automation? Is it not enough to set the alarm entity to OFF?

If you use any force feature, you are responsible for getting CCA back on track.

→ again: how to? Trigger the roller by switch manually? by another automation? Is it not enough to set the alarm entity to OFF to process default automations (open, close, and further)?

1. What is the background for using two tresholds shading brightness (start and end)?
    The same question for “Brightness Value For Opening The Cover”/“Brightness Value For Closing The Cover”.
    Normally, there is only one for for shading needed and only one for opening/closing.

2. I couldn’t manage to get the automation logged.
    Set in the blueprint to debug.
    Accordingly set the level via services in HomeAssistant:

service: logger.set_default_level
data:
  level: debug

Still no messages from the blueprint in the logs, just two which I assume concerned to, but I’m not sure:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.script
Quelle: helpers/script.py:824
Erstmals aufgetreten: 23. Mai 2024 um 22:46:21 (1 Vorkommnisse)
Zuletzt protokolliert: 23. Mai 2024 um 22:46:21
Error in 'choose[3]' evaluation: In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'from_state'
Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Quelle: helpers/template.py:2613
Erstmals aufgetreten: 23. Mai 2024 um 22:46:21 (1 Vorkommnisse)
Zuletzt protokolliert: 23. Mai 2024 um 22:46:21
Template variable error: 'dict object' has no attribute 'from_state' when rendering '{{ trigger.from_state.state not in ['unavailable', 'unknown', 'none', 'query failed'] }}'

Furthermore, the timestamps of the two messages are not matching to the blueprint actions.

for ventilation to close to the right position, you have to set the closing position in the daily closing section! Maybe @Herr.Vorragend can have a look at this, that if the shading part is active, that the ventilation use the closing value from this!

for ventilation to close to the right position, you have to set the closing position in the daily closing section!

→ this is set to 0% in my config

if the shading part is active, that the ventilation use the closing value from this!

→ that make no sense. In my point of view, ventilation must be not possible when shading is in process (like shading is not possible during night when the roller is closed); and ventilation can be activated only when the roller is closed and go back to close when deaktivated (like shading can be activated only at sunshine when the roller is open and go back to open when deactivated). In fact, the ventilation process is opposite to the shading process.

Maybe I’m wrong, please correct me.

i mean if the cover is closed via shading and you open the door/window the ventilation will open the cover.
After closing the door the cover should close to the last position of the shading!
But in my case this didn’t worked, because it uses the closing value of the daily closing and NOT the last closing value of the shading, as it should do!
But i didn’t try it with the latest version.

Is it possible to use a 3 way sensor for lockout protection and ventilation mode?
My sensor reports open,closed, tilted.
I did not manage to get it working, maybe a feature to support in the future.
Otherwise thanks for this awesome blueprint.

short question about the forcast sensor.
I would use them only with the forcast temp. But there is also the weather condition. Which settings should i use there to ignore the weather condition, select all or none of them?

All of them would seem logical to me … then it is regardless of what weather condition the forecast shows.