☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

yeap, thats it, i just tested it :slight_smile:

but now there is another prob with the ventilation. Didn’t work! The automation is triggered by the “open” sensor, but cover didn’t open!
Here is the trace for (not) opening! fa4340bc - ventilation didn't work

Your cover was not closed or in close position before.

At first quick glance, it could be that the trigger needs the weather condition since the last update. I can still adjust this.

You have to create your own template sensor. Because I only check True/False. Sorry.
But I’m sure someone has already done this and can post the code here.

I almost overlooked your post. I’ll have a look at it at my leisure. But at the moment it’s too complex for me to check on my cell phone.

I have exactly the same issue (HMIP-SRH). has anyone already done a template we can use that creates three binary sensors per entity?

- binary_sensor:
      - name: Fenstergriff Büro offen
        device_class: door
        state: >
          {{ is_state('sensor.fenstergriff_buro_status', "open") }}

- binary_sensor:
      - name: Fenstergriff Büro gekippt
        device_class: door
        state: >
          {{ is_state('sensor.fenstergriff_buro_status', "tilted") }}
1 Like

You can create a binary template in helpers. As device class you choose ‘door’ to make the logic visible. I have made it a little more complicated so that the shutter does not close in an undefined state.

{{ 
  not
  is_state('sensor.ku_terrassentuer_state', ['closed','tilted'])
}}

How does it work:
If the state is ‘closed’ or ‘tilted’, then is_state returns ‘true’, ‘not’ negates it again. Lockout is false and therefore not active. Every other state ‘open’ or ‘unavailable’ etc. returns ‘false’ and ‘true’ due to the negation. This means that the lockout is active.

My battery-operated sensor sometimes loses the connection or the battery is low. I want to prevent the shutter from closing in this state.

I hope it helps a little.

1 Like

Sorry to bother again, but shading with my Shelly 2.5 still doesnt work in my config. In my desperate situation i activated for this shutter today the option with “set cover…” but this prevented the closing in the evening.

Log of the Helper: Not any record change during the day except for opening / closing by Azimuth.

Log of the shutter:

Two traces where shading was checked due to weather condition change:

I see that you have actually already received most of the answers.
But what I’m missing are the settings for daily opening and closing.

• :arrow_up_small: - Enable automatic daily cover opening

• :small_red_triangle_down: - Enable automatic daily cover closing

Question “Force”: You have to do that yourself. I will also explicitly mention this again in the new version.

Question brightness:
This is quite normal, that you don’t have just one threshold for switching. This is quite common and makes sense. The value can be different in the morning and in the evening. If this bothers you, simply set both values ALMOST equal.

The errors in the blueprint:
I think you started the blueprint manually, didn’t you? That doesn’t work and generates these errors.

Hi Bostil, you have deliberately deactivated the actual commands. But I can’t see that you are executing anything yourself via “Additional Actions”.

To your screenshot:
In the right-hand area, there are not only lines from your roller blind, but from the entire device. That doesn’t help me at all. It is not meaningful.

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

I disabled both options, because I do not want to open/close by fix predefined time.
I want to use for that sunrise/sunset, and this option is selected:
grafik
Should I nevertheless set additionally the daily options?

Still not clear how to cancel the force feature “yourself”? Trigger the roller by switch manually? by another automation? Is it not enough to set the force trigger to OFF?

I can understand and accept that, although it makes no sense for me personally. You are the Master of this great blueprint and you define the rules :wink:

That was my plan, but I was confused by your instruction for brightness:

grafik
This contradicts to your statement now.

The actions in the provided traces weren’t started manually. As I wrote, the time stamps from both errors are not matching to times from blueprint actions.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any feedback in recent posts regarding how to log the blueprint or what I’m doing wrong in my description.

Until now, the configuration of times was mandatory. This can be deactivated in the next version. But I don’t think that’s a good idea. Because then the roller shutters could also move at night. A good pre-configuration is essential here.

You have to disable to boolean helper.
And you have to move your cover to a desired position.

Just try yourself. And gain a little experience with CCA.

Major Update

I hope that I have not published this version too early. There have been fundamental changes. And above all, I’ve just added a feature that I haven’t really tested for very long. :smiley:

But I am convinced that I have finally been able to fulfil a few older wishes. CCA should return to its previous state. And that is now possible. Unfortunately with a lot of redundant code.

CCA should now always know where it is and where it actually has to go. Have a look at the changelog and try it out for yourself.

Have a lot of fun. And if you want to support me, have a look at the first post.

Please also take note of the breaking changes.

2024.05.28-01:
  - Complete restructuring and logic change for shading, lockout protection and ventilation:
      - When the cover is opened, the system checks whether a sun shading is already in place. If this is the case, the cover is not opened but moved directly into the shading position.
      - If the cover is to be closed and the contact is open, either lockout protection or ventilation mode is activated.
      - If the cover is closed and the corresponding contact is opened, the ventilation position is activated.
      - When the sun shading is activated, the lockout protection is taken into account if the contact is open. If the contact is closed, the cover moves back to the shading position.
      - When the sun shading is stopped, the lockout protection is checked. It is also possible to move to the ventilation position when the contact is open. If the contact is closed here, the cover is opened.

Summary: CCA saves the temporary status (ventilation, lockout protection and shading) and the actual target status in the Cover Status Helper.
      - This means that the cover is simply opened or closed as before.
      - And it does <ins>not</ins> always return to the previous state (which may have changed in the meantime).
      - Instead, it switches to the state that should actually be current.
  - Fixed: Incorrect position detection during manual drives if shading_position is smaller than close_position
  - Added: Shading activation before opening. The cover can now move into the shading during the opening process. #4
  - Added: Prevent automatic closing due to the resident sensor #63
  - Added: Option to deactivate time control. This means that the system can now also be controlled exclusively via the brightness and the height of the sun. I

BREAKING CHANGES:

• Cover Status Helper is now mandatory for ventilation, lockout protection and shading!
  • Invert the status of some options #61 (“Prevent the cover from being … several times a day” instead of “Allow the cover to be … several times a day”)
1 Like

I’m fine with that as long as you can give an explanation; I just need to know, how it works and what are the prerequisites. You are the Herr of your blueprint :+1:

Ok, fine, thank you! :handshake:
Sure, I’m ready to try and I’m doing it since days. But the blueprint has sooo much settings and possibilities (here is a good documentation very helpful), and is not trigger able manually; so, that in worst case you have to wait to see if the changed settings works until next day :roll_eyes:
Thanks once more for the awesome blueprint!

I have 2 rooms with more than one cover, but they have not the same length - windows and doors. In other 3 rooms is only one cover.
So my answer for your question is:
One Cover = One Automation, no Groups.

1 Like

I actually asked the question because I wanted to save code. In the current release, however, I now have a lot of redundancies, so I can actually keep the groups.

Great work! I donated already some days ago. Not much, but at least to show some kind of appreciation :slight_smile:

1 Like