☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Hi Herr.vorragend,

thanks for your grade work but i have the same issue:

platform: template
value_template: |-
  {{
    default_sun_sensor != [] and
    state_attr(default_sun_sensor, 'azimuth') | float(default=shading_azimuth_start) > shading_azimuth_start and
    state_attr(default_sun_sensor, 'azimuth') | float(default=shading_azimuth_end) < shading_azimuth_end and
    state_attr(default_sun_sensor, 'elevation') | float(default=shading_elevation_min) > shading_elevation_min and
    (shading_brightness_sensor == [] or states(shading_brightness_sensor) | float(default=shading_sun_brightness_start) > shading_sun_brightness_start) and
    (shading_temperatur_sensor1 == [] or states(shading_temperatur_sensor1) | float(default=shading_min_temperatur1) > shading_min_temperatur1) and
    (shading_temperatur_sensor2 == [] or states(shading_temperatur_sensor2) | float(default=shading_min_temperatur2) > shading_min_temperatur2) and
    (shading_forecast_sensor == [] or shading_weather_conditions == [] or states(shading_forecast_sensor) in shading_weather_conditions)
  }}
for:
  seconds: 300
enabled: '{{ is_shading_enabled }}'
id: t_shading_start_1

but cover still open

thanks

I took a look at your trace.
It would normally have switched to sun shading mode, but it didn’t have to.

• Your shadowing position is: 25%
  • Your current position is: 25:

And that’s why nothing else happened.

Hi Steve, what do you mean by: I have the same problem. The same as who?

You’re showing me the shading code here.
So your statement probably doesn’t refer to airmax’s posts, does it?

Please show me a trace to this trigger and I’ll see where I can help you.

oh sorry, I thought that’s same problem like me

here is the trace

One of these values should already be true. So something is missing in your configuration.

"is_time_field_enabled": false,
        "is_schedule_helper_enabled": false,
        "is_time_control_disabled": false,

You have selected the scheduler mode but have not specified a scheduler. Therefore, the shadowing does not work because the blueprint does not know when it is allowed to do something.

"time_control": "time_control_schedule",
    "time_schedule_helper": [],

Perhaps I will include this check in the config check.

1 Like

oh that was a leftover from my attempts :confused:

thanks it works now :>

Either I sent the wrong trace or there’s something wrong with the values. Here’s a new trace (double checked).
Cover is in sun shading position (25 - correct), I open the window (binary_sensor.fenster_schlafzimmer from off to on - correct in trace), trace is being generated, nothing happens.

Expected action: move cover to ventilate position (60).

Conversely, automatic closing of the cover after closing the window (after manually opening the cover) works fine.

Unfortunately, you have fallen into the same trap that many others have already fallen into. I urgently need to revise this in the blueprint.

You have set both contact sensors the same and therefore the lock-out protection primarily applies.

"contact_sensor": "binary_sensor.fenster_schlafzimmer",
        "contact_sensor_lockout": "binary_sensor.fenster_schlafzimmer",

I have this on my screen and would like to revise it. There are already a few issues on GitHub.

Until a solution is found, please remove the sensor from the lock-out protection.

@Herr.Vorragend thanks for the last update! Now it works as expected with sun shading!

Is it also possible to reapply sun shading after the residents left the house?
F.e.:

1. Sun shading has already took place
  2. The cover were moved manually. No manual detection or reset was configured in blueprint.
  3. Residents leave house
    Actual action:
  4. No further action is applied. The cover are still in the last manual position
    My proposed action:
  5. Sun shading is applied a second time and cover moves into shading position.
1 Like

Could you please create an issue an GitHub for this? Thank you.

For my problem with the NODON SIN-4-RS-20 module, I finally activated the parameter “Prevent the use of ‘set_cover_position’ and ‘set_cover_tilt_position’ and only use the additional actions” with the “Additional Actions”.
This allows me to send only a position command without tilt.

To recognize if the tilt commands are executed, I check if the attribute current_tilt_position exists in general.

Would it help if I added an option to disable the entire tilt control?

Quick info: The beta of the HA core 2024.8 has or apparently had problems with blueprints. There was probably a bug during a migration of the “services/actions”. Not only CCA is affected.

However, the bug has already been fixed by the devs.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s useful, the problem in my case is linked to Zigbee2MQTT, in fact it’s mentioned in the Zigbee2MQTT github issues.

For one case and with a workaround, I don’t think it’s useful to complicate the CCA code.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this awesome blueprint!

I already used it to open/close my covers when the sun goes down/up.
I tried to implement an automation to close the cover when temperature is very hot on outdoor & sun shine to prevent my house to be too hot. Is it possible with this blueprint?

I already see the sun protection shading but I don’t get it to work :confused:

Hello,

great project and very high praise.
I have noticed that when the shade option is ended, all the shutters go up at the same time without taking the delay into account. As a result, the roller shutters do not raise sporadically due to interference.

Can the delay times also be used when the shading function is ended?

Thank you very much

Could you please describe this in more detail? What exactly is not working? Have you been triggered? Do you have a trace for me? Then I’ll take a look at it.

In fact, the part about the delay is missing here. Can you create a ticket for this on GitHub? If necessary, I’ll do that so it doesn’t get lost.

I ask you to create the ticket on GitHub. Thank you very much