☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Having some issues getting this working. The automation triggers but does nothing. I think I have a fairly basic setup. Blinds go up at 7.30 on work days and between 8.30-9 on non work days, down between 18-21.00 on any day. Am I missing something?

Questions:

• What defines the work / non-work days?

Config:

id: '1722997018013'
alias: Master Bedroom - Cover Control Automation (CCA)
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hvorragend/cover_control_automation.yaml
  input:
    blind: cover.master_bedroom_blackout_blind
    time_up_early: '07:30:00'
    auto_options:
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
    ignore_after_manual_config:
      - ignore_opening_after_manual
      - ignore_closing_after_manual
    reset_override_config: reset_timeout
    reset_override_timeout: 180
    time_up_early_non_workday: '08:30:00'
    time_up_late_non_workday: '09:00:00'
    time_down_early: '18:00:00'
    time_down_early_non_workday: '18:00:00'
    time_down_late: '21:00:00'
    time_down_late_non_workday: '21:00:00'

Thanks for your quick answer, so I enabled “Enable automatic sun protection / sunshade control” in automation options but all parameters in “Sun Shading / Sun protection” are optional and I don’t know what to set to do this:

I want to automatically close my cover when outdoor is being hot (>=29degree for ex.).
For now I just set theses values:

• “Sun Shading Temperature Sensor 1 (eg. indoor)”
  • “Sun Shading (Forecast) Weather Sensor”
alias: "[Salon] Volets"
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  input:
    blind: cover.salon
    contact_sensor_lockout: binary_sensor.salon_detection_ouverture_porte_contact
    auto_options:
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
      - auto_sun_enabled
      - auto_lockout_protection_enabled
      - auto_shading_enabled
    sun_elevation_down: -8
    shading_temperatur_sensor1: sensor.salon_detecteur_mouvement_temperature
    shading_forecast_sensor: weather.maison

Thanks

Is that what you want to know?

What exactly is not working?
Are the roller blinds not moving? Did you wait or did you run the automation yourself? Because that would not work.

I can’t see any errors here.
Do you have a trace for me? Then I’ll take a look.

By the way: Override only works with a Cover Status Helper.

It looks like the helper is missing.
And I cannot find the value 29 in your config.

Hi Herr.Vorragend,

Great blue print. It is all I desire and then some! Unfortunately, I’m having trouble with it. It is my first post in the community and I’m fairly new at HA. I made many of my automations so I do have experience. But apologies if I’m a bit slow to catch on or ask stupid questions. I have 4 blinds, all Lutron Serena. They work fine with my home made automations but don’t always work with your blue print.

I figure I should troubleshoot one at a time not to confuse things. As recommended, I have one automation per blind.

Here are my configuration parameters for what I call 02OFLM-SSHADE

alias: 02OFLM-SSHADE-CCA-AUTOMATION
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  input:
    blind: cover.office_02soffshade
    close_position: 0
    brightness_down: 100
    shading_brightness_sensor: sensor.02oflm_window_mo_aeotec_illuminance
    shading_sun_brightness_end: 10000
    shading_sun_brightness_start: 12000
    shading_azimuth_end: 220
    shading_azimuth_start: 90
    shading_min_temperatur1: 30
    shading_min_temperatur2: 10
    shading_forecast_temp: 10
    shading_waitingtime_start: 15
    auto_down_condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_select.modes_home
        state: Night
    auto_up_condition:
        entity_id: input_select.modes_home
        state: Wake
    check_config: true
    time_up_early_non_workday: "07:00:00"
    time_up_late: "08:00:00"
    time_up_late_non_workday: "08:00:00"
    time_down_late_non_workday: "22:00:00"
    time_down_late: "22:00:00"
    time_down_early_non_workday: "18:00:00"
    time_down_early: "18:00:00"
    auto_options:
      - auto_shading_enabled
      - auto_up_enabled
      - auto_down_enabled
    shading_position: 30
    cover_status_options: cover_helper_enabled
    cover_status_helper: input_text.02oflm_sshade_cover_status
    time_control: time_control_input
    shading_elevation_min: 0
    shading_forecast_type: daily
    check_config_debuglevel: info
    reset_override_config: reset_disabled
    reset_override_timeout: 60
    ignore_after_manual_config: []
    shading_weather_conditions:
      - sunny
      - partlycloudy
      - cloudy
      - clear
      - rainy
    shading_forecast_sensor: weather.openweathermap
    open_tilt_position: 50
    close_tilt_position: 0
    shading_tilt_position: 20
    position_tolerance: 5
    default_sun_sensor: sun.sun
    time_up_early: "07:00:00"
    shading_elevation_max: 90
    auto_shading_start_condition:
        entity_id: input_boolean.02oflm_sshade_prevent_glare
        state: "on"
    shading_temperatur_sensor2: sensor.openweathermap_temperature
    auto_shading_start_force: input_boolean.02oflm_sshade_prevent_glare
    ventilate_position: 50
    ventilate_tilt_position: 40
    shading_temperatur_sensor1: sensor.02zenr_table_mo_aeotec_temperature

Out of 2 blinds configured the same way, this is the only one that worked this morning. It opened at 7h00 as configured. But the issues I’m having are:

1. It didn’t close at night. It is supposed to close at 22h00.
  2. I also programmed an🔻 Additional Condition For Closing The Cover based on a variable input_select.modes_home when it changes to “Night”. Works great in other automations but seems ignored in this on. I did switch to “Night” after 22h00 but nothing happened.
  3. I also programmed an :arrow_up_small: Additional Condition For Opening The Cover based on a variable input_select.modes_home when it changes to “Wake”. This happens at 6h00 but nothing happened. It was the time_up trigger that worked and opened the blind this morning.

If I look at the traces, I can see a trigger at: 5h44 (?), 7h00 and 8h00. At 5h44, the step config shows:

platform: state
entity_id: cover.office_02soffshade
attribute: current_position
id: t_manual_1
for: '00:01:00'

I’m assuming it is an internal trigger from your blue print. I’ll stop here for now. Let me know if you need more information.

Danke!

auto_down_condition is only an additional condition, it’s not working as a trigger.
So if the blueprint is running as 22:00:00 (time_down_late) but input_select.modes_home is not “Night” at this very moment, the condition is not meet and thus the blueprint not closing the blind.
Maybe that’s the issue?

Is there a way to use this blueprint for outdoor awnings?

It has lot of the same characteristics but some minor differences, I can think of:
Pull in at night
Pull in when it rains or storms

Oh, man. I completely overlooked your post among the many emails in my inbox. Sorry for the late reply.

I think that Eimeel’s assumption is correct. Otherwise, please show me a trace from 22:00.

The traces for trigger “t_ma_1” are reactions to previous trips that I process in the blueprint. Traces for this do not help me.

This is entirely due to your hardware configuration. Is 100 open and 0 closed?
I suspect that the blueprint does not work directly with this.

had the same idea - but for me i decided to solve it differently:

• open manually, because there are too many factors that have influence on the day/time, when to be opened (#WAF) > this usually happens once per day

• separate automation, that closes in the evening (only, when opened and sun.azimuth at a certain position (no more sun at the terrace).

@Herr.Vorragend

I have a few small questions. I come from iobroker and used shuttercontrol there. Do I understand correctly that for sun protection, sun.azimut is only triggered once and with the start/end value? So all values in between are ignored or are no longer triggered there. I think it makes more sense to test the remaining conditions every time the angle is changed and then trigger the sun shading. My problem is that if the initial angle is reached but the other conditions are not yet met, the sun shading is no longer triggered or am I seeing this wrong and have another error in my config

0 is pulled in, 100 is completely out. That are the only values I use for now.

@gyle the sun is on the windows before I wake up, but also I don’t want to check the forecast every day. It “costs” me 2 degrees heat when I am too late opening it.

No worries. :slight_smile: We had 34hrs power failure due to hurricane Debby. I didn’t have much to report. :slight_smile:

Here is the trace from last night at 22h00. Dropbox

ah. I did confuse the additional condition as a trigger. My bad. I’ll remove it to see if it at least allows closing at 22h00. Thanks!!

For a few days now I have had the problem that sun shading no longer works. I think it’s since I updated to 2024.8. Now I have also updated to 2024.8.1 but that didn’t help either. Reimporting the blueprint and restarting HA didn’t help either. Are there any known incompatibilities with the latest updates?

This should be a trace from a time when it should do something.
https://pastebin.com/cJM1rZKz

I use numerical triggers and unfortunately this is the case in HA. I have deliberately linked to the HA documentation with the numerical triggers and the threshold values in the blueprint.

That’s the current situation.
But I want to come up with something. But I can’t possibly trigger every minute like with ioBroker. With around 30 roller blind automations, it would simply be too much effort for the system. And I can never get back to old traces.

We’re talking about a blueprint for automation here. No custom component. I only have limited options and have to be really tricky.

Due to the trigger waiting times, I can’t switch to multiple triggers either. I would have to rebuild the entire blueprint and it wouldn’t change anything.

The problem has been recognized and recorded on GitHub.

1 Like

No, all conditions must always be met. Only then is it triggered. Nothing happens before that.

It is as you suspected. Your own condition has blocked everything.

For the first time in a few days, the override has been working after manually detected shutter movements.

Your blind was apparently moved manually and you have activated the value “Ignore_shading_after_manual”.

If CCA shutter drives are incorrectly recognized as manual, you must increase the drive time. We discussed this a few days ago in this thread.