Cover switches reversed since 0.39.0/0.39.2 (Fibaro FGR-222)?

HASS detects my roller shutters and shows a cover like bevore:

But now the switches are reversed… They go up when pressing down and vice versa…

In general: Is there an option to invert switches?

This still persists in 0.39.2. I didn’t change anything. All covers are operating reverted. Anyone else experiencing this? Only me?

Problems like this probably have to be reported over at github. @hogend hat filed a report that seems covering my problem: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/6421

This isnt working for me at all.

running hass.io 0.51.2

zwave:
 usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
 device_config:
   cover.masterbed_l_shutter_level:
   invert_openclose_buttons: True

Made no difference true or false for me. I have 7 x Fibaro type=0302, id=3000

Hi Chris_Quach

You missed an indent in front of the invert option (see the additional white space :wink: ). And the invert option is called “invert_openclose:” without the additional “_buttons” (see this link: #6762: inverting option). The invert option was actually implemented as “invert_openclose_buttons” #6832: invert option, as you correctly wrote. My bad.

Try this yaml:
zwave:
 device_config:
    invert_openclose: true
Cheers!

After the last edit, perhaps this is the correct yaml:

zwave:
 device_config:
    invert_openclose_buttons: true

Hi linuxlurak,

Thanks for that, yes actually I have the correct indentations in my config yaml, no errors in the logs and the check config is valid.

Not sure why it’s not working, or how to debug it

has anyone tested this with Hass.io 0.52.1 ??

Never mind, I ended up reversing the wires on the fibaro

Hi Chris
I was working on a project an had to restart hass. I tested this config:

zwave:
  new_entity_ids: true
  device_config:
   cover.living_shutter_left_level:

The cover’s logic is inverted now. I press the down icon and it moves up… Everything seems ok. I don’t know what happend in your case.

1 Like

Hi linixlurak

Appreciate your response, however I think it might be something else I’m doing wrong, no matter I managed to reverse polarity on all 7 switches and it took about 1hr vs 8hrs wasted trying to use the inverted option :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, adding

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM1
  device_config:
   cover.level:

does not work. Icons are still the same. Up arrow is black and Down array is greyed out, whe the sunscreen is closed, should be inverted, but code does not work.

I installed Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 today, and I’m having the same issue. Everything is wired correctly according to the manual of the Roller Shutter.

At first everything was inverted. Telling HA to go up will take the cover down. I then inverted the buttons using the trick posted in this tread and in https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/installation/#invert_openclose_buttons

This fixed the direction of the buttons, but HA still has inverted the position and state (open/closed) and if the blinds are open (HA thinks their closed), I’m not allowed to click the button to close the covers (grey’d out). There should be a way to invert the position and open/closed state also. I think I will rewire it wrong to get HA to understand how to treat it.

Any news here ? I have the same problem. The arrows are right, but wrong arrow is greyed out in 0% and 100%

Are you using the trick to flip buttons in configuration.yaml ?

If not, what happens if you press the stop button which also grabs current position of covers? I have experienced that HA does not update current position of covers automatic and can then grey out the wrong button.

If you have flipped buttons in config then my advice is to remove the flip in config and physical rewire to flip directions.

I have not fliped buttons in configuration. Position is updating. Everything is working except in position 0 and 100. Then the wrong arrow is greyed out. In postion 1 and 99, everything is ok.

I have a similar problem. For me the position does not update when I fully open/close. If I press the stop button then the position updates and correct button is greyed.

Has anyone circumvented the issue with having the correct button greyed out after the software-invert_buttons is applied? I ran into this today.

Will the stop-button permanently solve this seemingly dead-end?

Hi there,

I found the trick. This is the configuration that is working for me

zwave:
  device_config:
    cover.__shutter__id__:
      invert_percent: true
1 Like

does this work with z-wave js too? since its completly configured over GUI now?