Cree Connected Max Smart Bulb

Does anyone have any of these new bulbs, and have you been able to integrate these into HA?

Connected Max Landing (creelighting.com)

1 Like

I just picked a couple of these but haven’t been able to find out how to set them up in HomeAssistant. I’m hoping we can find answers!

I purchased a few too and have them installed and only working with the Cree app.

Ugh - Doing a little digging on my network, and the CREE’s are using the Tuya platform (https://www.tuya.com/) for their connected bulbs. I haven’t ripped one open to see what’s on the inside, so I’m not sure if the bulb firmware can be re-flashed.

Although I love these bulbs, not sure I want them in my house now that I know they are not manageable without going through the cloud server.

1 Like

I hope they become compatible with HA. These are great bulbs! And they are really bright!!

Have any of you tried tuya-convert? I suspect they are running hardware or software that blocks the attempt, darn near everything does now.

I found out you can configure these bulbs using the TuyaSmart app, and then use the Tuya integration with HomeAssistant to control these bulbs. Note that this still utilizes the Tuya cloud, which isn’t ideal.

Next, I’ll have a look at this LocalTuya Integration and see if I can free myself from this cloudservice.

2 Likes

Thanks for this tip. The TuyaSmart app controls these perfectly, and they integrate nicely in HA!

I’ve configured mine with the smartlife app, and then they absolutely work with https://github.com/rospogrigio/localtuya’s localtuya integration. I have it set up with ID 20, brightnesss 22, color temp 23, color mode 21 and color 24:

localtuya:
  - host: 192.168.1.X
    device_id: ...
    local_key: ...
    friendly_name: Randy Desk ...
    protocol_version: "3.3"
    entities:
      - platform: light
        friendly_name: Randy Desk ...
        id: 20
        color_mode: 21
        brightness: 22
        color_temp: 23
        color: 24
        brightness_lower: 10
        brightness_upper: 1000
        color_temp_min_kelvin: 2700
        color_temp_max_kelvin: 6500

Not surprisingly, tuya-convert doesn’t flash them :frowning: FWIW, it claims the device doesn’t use an ESP82xx.

3 Likes

This works with the new Tuya integration. Note that if the bulb is white when discovered, it will only show white temp options. If it’s displaying color when connected, both RGB and color temp will show.

This is the 100w replacement bulb on sale at Lowe’s now.

Have you been able to use the duration parameter with the LocalTuya integration? For me the lights change immediately and there’s no way of getting a smooth fade.

How did you get the local keys for the bulbs? Whenever I try, they are blank

I followed the setup guide for tuyapi on GitHub and it worked for all 6 bulbs. I’m using the Cree Connected Max bulbs.

When connecting to Tuya can you also have them linked to the Cree app? Or can they only be linked to one or the other?

Thanks

On the box it has the Bluetooth logo – is that just for pairing, or can the bulb be controlled via BT?

Strictly for pairing, but these work very well with the newly integrated Tuya integration.

When I connected them to Tuya, they dropped out of the Cree app. The apps are very similar however - the only thing I lost was the Follow the Sun functionality - hoping it’s not too difficult to duplicate it in Home Assistant.

After a bunch of experimenting, I just figured it out and thought I’d save you all the hassle. First set up your bulbs with the Tuya Smart app. Follow the instructions to install local tuya and add a new device. That part is pretty self explanatory. When you’re setting up the device:
20 switch power
21 color or white select make your options colour; white
22 brightness number min 10 max 1000 I did increments of 10
23 color temp number min 0 max 1000 I did increments of 10
24 color select These are 7 colors at different brightnesses that I chose: 00ff03e803e8; 00ff03e801f3; 00ff03e8000a; 013303e803e8; 013303e801fa; 013303e8000a; 000003e803e8; 000003e801f4; 000003e8000a; 00f003e803e8; 00f003e801f6; 00f003e8000a; 007803e803e8; 007803e801f1; 007803e8000a; 002703e803e8; 002703e801f3; 002703e8000a; 003c03e803e8; 003c03e801f9; 003c03e8000a
the regular names
Purple bright; purple mid; purple dim; pink bright; pink mid; pink dim; red bright; red mid; red dim; blue bright; blue mid; blue dim; green bright; green mid; green dim; orange bright; orange mid; orange dim; yellow bright; yellow mid; yellow dim

If you want different colors and brightnesses, set it with the tuya app and copy the hex code from the log.

That will get your bulb working with HA!

1 Like

Purchased these at Lowes on a pretty deep discount - worked with SmartLife App.

Hi there!

I just purchased several of these bulbs. I’ve had Home Assistant running for a while, but mostly it has been replicating the state of my Universal Devices ISY994 which controls my Insteon network. I’ve not really done very much with Home Assistant itself…

I have setup the Tuya and LocalTuya integrations. From the Overview I can see my single bulb and turn it on and off, but I’m a little lost when it comes to changing the color or brightness. I think it is something related to @calen 's comment, but I’m not sure where that goes. If someone could point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it!

Barry