Current Status

Me too! I think it’s the last piece of the puzzle :slight_smile:

Web interface is just find, but I can’t recall you mentioning if iOS notification/location are working or not. What do I need to do to get them to work with the app?

My APP setup says IOS Component is not loaded, same for the Notify platform. I am running. .41

The latest update on the ios app is really nice i managed to get the location and notify to work put i could not see my iphone device in HA known_devices.yaml. (I had the three ticks).

The location icon and map came up at the bottom of the iphone screen. and worked well.

I changed my device name but the keyboard went over the name i was changing and could not see.

Rebooted my iphone to see if my device would come up in the known_devices.yaml but still not a thing.
So i looked at the services tab in my HA web page and looked at notify domain and could see the old name of my iphone as well as the new one.

Uninstalled the app and reinstalled now then i try to “enable notification” or “enable location tracking” the app hangs.

Sorry to put a downer on this. It was working really well.

Apple rejected the app for the same reasons as last time, they want a video of the app and had some questions about what file sharing is used for (push notification sounds). I’m working out a script right now for the video and will respond to their questions shortly.

As for any bugs or weirdness found in the app since I submitted, I want to just get one version past review and then will do another version with more fixes that will be released the store. Once I get through review once it gets easier after that.

To those that thought that Apple would reject it for the big WebView, so far so good, no complaints on that :slight_smile:

Will keep you posted as always.

2 Likes

Any info on why Homeassistant doesn’t like the track_ios in zones?

You need to provide track_ios in customize, like so:

customize:
  zone.home:
    track_ios: true

When I add that to the config I get this.

The following components and platforms could not be set up:
zone
customize
Please check your config

Did you previously have a customize section? I have that exact config locally and it works fine.

I did and it was working until a recent update then it stopped working.

My exact config looks like this:

homeassistant:
  name: RobbiesMBP
  unit_system: imperial
  time_zone: America/Los_Angeles
  customize:
    zone.home:
      track_ios: true

and it works without issues…

what version are you running of HASS?

0.42.0.dev0 but that config will work on just about every version ever released I believe. May want to try running check_config to see if you have an error somewhere (hass --script check_config).

I think I figured it out. I had it in the wrong place.

hmmm I get this error…ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for customize: Component not found.

I will have to do some looking

Does this mean I need to set this up for every zone? Is there a global setting?

1 Like

I personally haven’t tested this but supposedly you can do "zone.*" (must use double quotes) and it should apply to all zones.

1 Like

I have defined the track_ios: true for the home zone but the app still locks up when I hit the enable location tracking.

Not sure why that’s happening yet, will figure it out shortly. Don’t plan to fix it in the version that Apple is currently reviewing, but it will get fixed before going to the store.

Just submitted the video to Apple after they got back to me describing exactly what they wanted. I submitted the responses to the questions yesterday. Now, we wait…

10 Likes

Excellent news!!!