Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP

Ok, thatā€™s the correct base address, I was looking for the 1 and the 66 values. Compare your last screenshot with mine. :wink:

Could you show me QmodMaster screenshot with starting address 40070 please?

Also, check that QmodMaster is configured like this:

Ok, itā€™s working.

Two issues:

1. The base address is 40000 for you, I use the VSN300 datalogger, and its base address is 0. I could make it configurable, but thereā€™s also the problem at point 2 to consider.
  2. The inverter is monophase (check the value at 40070, itā€™s 101, means monophase. 103 is 3-phase). My component has been specifically made for 3-phase models, since I use that one. The registers are different between 1-phase and 3-phase models.

I advice to use this component, made by @CJNE, it works great for any SunSpec device, also monophase or 3-phase inverters. Itā€™s a generic SunSpec client, should work with anything SunSpec compliantā€¦ :slight_smile:

Let me know if it works for you.

Iā€™ll try right now, thanks for the time to explain :wink:

I forgot the address: Custom Component: Generic SunSpec modbus TCP monitoring (inverter, meter etc)

Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Hi Alesx
Iā€™ve the same model Federico has. 1-phase

Iā€™ll also try the component you suggested.
Thanks in advance

No problem, sorry for this, if it was only the base address we could solve it, but I didnā€™t include support for monophase inverters.

Actually, right now Iā€™m developing a direct local integration with VSN300 via http, so no more modbus or sunspec. Some information of the VSN300 (I think VSN700 too) is not available through ModBus/SunSpec, and I wanted to pull it out.

I have a python script working, I just need to make it a custom component now.

Ciao,

Alessandro

Unfortunately Fimer and ABB donā€™t provide any public technical info of modbus registries.
Do you know why I can get output using as unit 2,11,13 and so on to 247?

Thanks in advance
Ciao

I found a lot of documents regarding ModBus for FIMER/ABB/Aurora register map.

But I also contacted tech support of FIMER and talked with the software support people, theyā€™re very nice, and sent me a couple of documents for VSN300 and ModBus map. On my github repository for this component I uploaded the document used to develop this.

I donā€™t understand the question, you are saying that you can read data with any slave ID?

yes exactly. not any but most of them

really strange, I use the VSN300, and it only answers for unit ID 2, which is my PVI-10.0-OUTD inverter.

I think itā€™s something related to the VS700 included with the React2 bundle.

when I perform a scan with CAS modbus scanner I can see many device IDs with ā€œgoodā€ status.
All those IDs are able to show me the data

Thatā€™s not a proper test.

Use QmodMaster, set unit id, and read from registers address 40000 or 40070. Like you did before.

If you read the same info independently of the unit ID, probably with the VS700 thereā€™s some configuration or feature enabled.

same in QmodMaster.

data is not the same if you look at it. try with base addr. 40000.

itā€™s the VSN700, look at the manual and configuration.

Hi Federico,
does the custom component work with your React 2?

Ciao Claudio,

the custom SunSpec integration from HACS works with REACT2, it provides you information on realtime power consumption/productionā€¦but all the batteries part is missing. There are problems too using that integration with the new Energy panel, all the sensors are NOT compatible with the statistics required by the dashboard. You need to template every single sensor to gain the long term statistics needed.

@monkeypr00f @xunil79

Federico, Claudio: I decided to update my component, to make it compatible with the new requirements for the Energy integration.

I was also looking at the differences between the monophase and 3-phase inverters: basically the register addresses are the same, but the monophase has less data, because itā€™s only the data for 1 phase, while the values for the 3-phase has data (current, voltage, etc.) for each phase. So, to make it simple, I think I donā€™t have to adapt the read function to the monophase. But I need to test it on a monophase inverterā€¦

I also introduced in the initial configuration process of the component the base_address, which in your case we discovered is 40000, it is the start address of the register map. For my VSN300 datalogger itā€™s 0. Making it configurable will allow anybody to configure it for their specific datalogger/inverter.

Tomorrow I should have a beta version to test, can I ask your help in testing it? If it works also for you, I will release v2.0 of the component.

Thanks,

Alessandro

Alessandro that sounds awesome! Iā€™ll give you all the support may be useful to land this project!