Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP

Thanks.

Here you can see the problem related to the Model detection: these crazy guys, instead of simply writing the model in the registers, coded it with lookup strings. In order to get the correct model, you need to look at the Options register (which in your case is ‘R’) and then lookup the model in the table below. But in the documentation I have, your model is not included, that’s why yesterday there was that error.

The other issue I see is with the Ambient Temp. sensor, it’s wrong because the scale factor is wrong in the registers. Not a big deal because I don’t think it’s an important register, but it bugs me. :slight_smile:

I will think about it and see how I can fix both problems. But at lease all the important sensors are working.

Alright. Glad I could help. If you need more testing let me know

Hi Alessandro,
I’m trying to use your component v1.2.1 for an ABB Fimer React2 via TCP.
Unfortunately it can’t read any parameters. Using modpoll I can read the parameters from the inverter.
Do you know if your component is compatible with this Inverter model?

1 Like

Same problem here with REACT2. Looks like there may be different key for the values…all the sensors are at 0 value.
Happy to help if needed!

The weirdest thing I can see is: if I read the registries with modpoll I get this:

if I scan with CAS Modbus Scanner I Get this:

Ciao Claudio,

What is the exact model number? React2 is a family of products. Is the React2 compliant with SunSpec? What are you using to connect to the Inverter?

If React2 is sunspec compliant, the component is working for several users, should be a configuration problem.

Try QModMaster with starting address 0 not 41000 like you were trying with ModPoll), and read 64 registers, post the result here:

Ciao Federico,

please provide exact model number, React2 is a family of products. See also the conversation with Claudio.

Ciao Alessandro,

this with QmodMaster:

I get results using 41000 as starting address, all zero starting from 0.
The inverter is this one REACT2-3.6-TL, it is sunspec compatible and integrates itself the monitor trough TCP/IP. Just tried even with the “official” sunspec integration but it doesn’t get any result, it’s a configuration problem for sure.

Federico, it’s strange it’s not starting at 0 as a base address. Please try 40000 instead of 41000 and report back.

Is is using the VSN300 card as interface / datalogger? Or VSN700?

This with 4000:

It uses the VSN700-05 Data Logger

Can you show the same screenshot as before, with QmodMaster, but with address 40000?

Sure

Ok, that’s the correct base address, I was looking for the 1 and the 66 values. Compare your last screenshot with mine. :wink:

Could you show me QmodMaster screenshot with starting address 40070 please?

Also, check that QmodMaster is configured like this:

Ok, it’s working.

Two issues:

1. The base address is 40000 for you, I use the VSN300 datalogger, and its base address is 0. I could make it configurable, but there’s also the problem at point 2 to consider.
  2. The inverter is monophase (check the value at 40070, it’s 101, means monophase. 103 is 3-phase). My component has been specifically made for 3-phase models, since I use that one. The registers are different between 1-phase and 3-phase models.

I advice to use this component, made by @CJNE, it works great for any SunSpec device, also monophase or 3-phase inverters. It’s a generic SunSpec client, should work with anything SunSpec compliant… :slight_smile:

Let me know if it works for you.

I’ll try right now, thanks for the time to explain :wink:

I forgot the address: Custom Component: Generic SunSpec modbus TCP monitoring (inverter, meter etc)

Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Hi Alesx
I’ve the same model Federico has. 1-phase

I’ll also try the component you suggested.
Thanks in advance

No problem, sorry for this, if it was only the base address we could solve it, but I didn’t include support for monophase inverters.

Actually, right now I’m developing a direct local integration with VSN300 via http, so no more modbus or sunspec. Some information of the VSN300 (I think VSN700 too) is not available through ModBus/SunSpec, and I wanted to pull it out.

I have a python script working, I just need to make it a custom component now.

Ciao,

Alessandro