[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

HI I have been using Alarmo for a while now with no issues. But a while ago I needed to change my notifications for some new phone, which also working fine.
I removed the old devices and changed the notifications and confirmed they were gone
But I get an error in the log for the old notifications to devices that don’t exist anymore ie First occurred: 7:33:46 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:34:05 AM
** Execution of action 1616123563 failed, reason: Unable to find service notify.mobile_app_mi_9*
** Execution of action 1616039584 failed, reason: Unable to find service notify.mobile_app_paulette_app*
As mentioned I can confirm that the these devices and the notifications no longer exist

I noticed that after the last update of Home Assistant, the Dutch translation of the Alarmo notifications no longer works. Has anyone else noticed this too?

{% if state_attr(‘alarm_control_panel.alarmo’, ‘bypassed_sensors’) == none %}
Het alarm is ingeschakeld op {{arm_mode|lang=nl}}.
{% else %}
Het alarm is ingeschakeld op {{arm_mode}}. Genegeerde sensoren: {{bypassed_sensors}}
{% endif %}

Hopefully someone can tell me if this is an issue within Home Assistant or Alarmo? :crossed_fingers:t2:

@neliss Thanks for the fix and update v1.9.9. The language problem is solved.

Rather new to HA/Alarmo, so hope this is the right place to ask this question,

I have Alarmo all setup with door and motion sensors. I am working on integrating an Xfinity Keypad. I am able to capture the zha_events and have automations to set Alarmo based on the mode description of the keypad. Arm and Disarm work fine. But Arm is really Arm Away. I need the Alarmo Service call for Home Away.

Here is example code I have for Arm that works. Similar code for Disarm works with alarmo.disarm. Anyone know what Alarmo Service call I need to use for Arm Home?

- id: '1681841666611'
  alias: Alarm KeyPad Arm Away
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zha_event
    event_data:
      command: arm
      args:
        arm_mode_description: Arm_All_Zones
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: alarmo.arm
    data:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
      code: '{{ trigger.event.data.args.code }}'
  mode: single

This code has been working for me. Make note of the service that is being called. I am using the alarm_control_panel instead of alarmo.arm.

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home
    data: {}
    target:

1 Like

The service call looks fine.
You can extend it further to set the desired mode:

- service: alarmo.arm
    data:
      code: '{{ trigger.event.data.args.code }}'
      mode: home # can be any of away/home/night/vacation/custom

Note that a blueprint exists for connecting the Xfinity keypad to alarmo, see here: Zigbee2MQTT - Control Alarmo via keypad - #25 by gremblin.
It is written for zigbee2mqtt so all mqtt related lines would have to be modified, but perhaps you can use it as starting point.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your response. Works great.

Thanks for the response. This approach keeps all my Alarm Automations same format. Adding the one lines works!

I saw the Xfinity zigbee2mqtt blueprint, but looked like a lot of changes for ZHA, but maybe I will give it a shot. I suspect there are a few people running ZHA that have gotten this device.

My next step was to update to the Custon Alarmo Card described in the Alarmo Document. I was looking for the added features of bypassing open sensors, resizing and scaling. I was able to do this on my PC. Here is the YAML code:

type: custom:alarmo-card
entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
button_scale_actions: 1
button_scale_keypad: 1.1
use_clear_icon: true
keep_keypad_visible: false
name: 4_24 Alarmo

So this works great on my PC HA. But when I look at it on my phone it has an error that custom element type: custom:alarmo-card doesn’t exist. I have tried restarting PC and Phone and different approaches but all fail the same way. Am I missing something? Thanks

Update: Update Alarm in HACS from v1.98 to v1.99. Works same on PC and Phone!

Hi
Is it possible to change the color of the status icon? In the .yaml file of the theme I can’t find references (Google Dark theme ), I use the custom Alarmo card…

Thanks

Hi Everyone. Is this the place to request new features / functionality in Alarmo? If not, please let me know and I will post to the appropriate place. As you can tell, I am fairly new here.

Is there any way to re-order the Alarmo Actions and Notifications items? I ask, as I have 2 actions defined when the alarm is triggered: 1) say a message on my living room speaker. 2) trigger the siren on my Alarm Panel Pro board. I currently have them defined in that order. The problem I found is that Action #2 (siren) is delayed if Action #1 (speaker) gets delayed for any reason.

I would simply like to re-order the actions so that the siren is sounded first, then say the message on the speaker. It seems the only way to accomplish this is to delete / redefine the action. The issue with that is that I have other actions defined for different alarm states other then triggered (disarm, etc).

Or is this already available and I missed it? Maybe the ability to edit the order in YAML maybe?

Thank you for your consideration.

I have not found a way to re-order any of the Actions in the UI. Have not tried digging around in the files.

However, you could just use a custom script to do all the heavy lifing and then have full control of order, delays, and all other apects without having to ever change Actions in Alarmo. I have some complex actions that I do (including loops, etc) setup in a script and just call that single script from Alarmo.

It took a bit of fiddling to get it working in the Alarmo Actions screends but this is what the YAML looks like

- service: script.alarm_actions
  entity_id: script.alarm_actions
  data: {}

After that it shows up like this in the UI

Does Alarmo support lock entities properly? I see it loosly mentions in the dock as a entity type under Door but don’t understand how to set it up correctly.

It might be due to the customization I have done on my “locks” (really just open / closes sensors attached to my deadbolts) but this is what I have…

customization

… and this is how it shows in Alarmo. I can only set it as a Door, not a Lock.

Thus my notifications say things like “Front door is Locked” when it’s actually unlocked when I try to set the alarm. So it’s got the opposite status, at least in the notifications… but it understands the state correctly. State is just transposed in the {{open_sensors}}?

Has anyone solved the Alarmo → HomeKit integration via the bridge?
I’ve searched all over the place and couldn’t find an answer on how to supply the code to Apple. The intity itself is exposed via Bridge configuration UI.

I still use the HomeKit config.yaml for my alarm.

###### HomeKit ######  
homekit:
  - filter:
      include_entities:
        - alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    entity_config:
      alarm_control_panel.alarmo:
        code: XXXX
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve added it to configuration.yaml and this resulted in a new bridge being created. Had to remove alarmo from the other bridge and then added the new bridge using QR code to Apple Home. Everythings works after a restart. Awesome.

1 Like

No problem!

Absolutely no issue running multiple bridges. I’m fact, for a long time I held back migrating to the HomeKit integration because I didn’t know I could run both simultaneously.

1 Like

Is there a possibility to automatically add an excluded sensor after the alarm is Armed?
Sometimes it happens that I arm the alarm for the night and a window upstairs is not closed.
When I close the window, the sensor is still excluded. I have no idea how to include the sensor otherwise then disarm and arm the alarm.

Please help, This is my first attempt to use Alarmo, love the idea, sadly this did not work for me, it’s a brand new deployment. My HA is the latest with zero update pending. It seemed to of download ok via HACS. I then found it in intergrations and said yes to deploy, then it showed up in Intergrations with a redbox with"error", was so disapointed to see that happen. I checked the known issues and althrough simular I could not find an existing issue as mine according to the logs.

LOG:
This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/alarmo/store.py:674
Integration: Alarmo (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:40:50 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:38:46 PM

Error setting up entry Alarmo for alarmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 387, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/alarmo/init.py”, line 55, in async_setup_entry
store = await async_get_registry(hass)
File “/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py”, line 674, in async_get_registry
return cast(AlarmoStorage, await task)
TypeError: SensorEntry.init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘entity’

Please help, i’d so like to use this for my HA Alarm needs, looks so impressive.
Regards

Hello, anyone can help with alarmo and paradox GitHub - ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai: Paradox Magellan, Spectra and EVO, with MQTT, Signal, Pushbullet, Pushover and others integration with mqtt. I tried several settings, but I can’t Arm or diss-arm the system.

In my HA alarm_control_panel is mqtt
“command_topic”: “paradox/control/partitions/Area_3”
“availability_topic”: “paradox/interface/availability”
“state_topic”: “paradox/states/partitions/Area_3/current_state”

what settings must be in mqtt for this system to work?

State topic?
Event topic?
Command topic?

Regards