[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Thank you for the quick reply!

I wanted to avoid having to manually switch the “allow for disarming” for the guest. My idea is to enable guest mode automatically when the router detects some of my allowed guests and if they are present they can disarm the alarm. This needs to be controlled in an automation.

With the way it’s done right now I think I can create an automation that catches the disarming with the changed_by: guest. If the guest disarmed the alarm and the guest mode is off, I will arm again or even trigger it. But I would like to have a more seamless solution, if possible.

I see one scenario where you have a guest mode attribute on the alarm and then one switch on the user to say if it’s a guest or not, and if the alarm guest mode is on, then all the guest users can disarm.

Another more complex solution would be to create a sensor per user like: sensor.alarmo_user_guestA with some user options as sensor attributes (the allow arm and disarm only I guess), this way you could change the permissions per user in the automations.

What do you think? Will you eventually develop some solution like this?

This is awesome BTW. I haven’t gotten it all setup yet since I didn’t have sensors that could really be used by the alarm, but I recently got some and I’m going to start using it.

Looks great! I’ll update if I find any issues and if I think of anything else that can be done.

Thanks for this.

-P

@neliss another thing I would like to have is the possibility to use is the same or equivalent services of the manual alarm control panel, i.e., alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger, alarm_disarm, etc… this would allow for a very easy transition for those that have already done their implementation with the native alarm_control_panel, which is my case. This also adds another level of flexibility that can be very powerful.

Please let me know your thoughts on the guest mode stuff as well as for the services.

You can use them. Except for alarm_control_panel.trigger, that is done by sensors.

I agree it could be nice for some. But I don’t consider this a priority now (there is quite a long todo list still).

This zigbee home security keypad can be incorporated easily via zigbee2mqtt and node red

Alarmo publishes its state to zigbee2mqtt/<keypad name>/set via mqtt

mode for the keypad can be one of disarm, arm_day_zones, arm_night_zones, arm_all_zones, exit_delay, entry_delay, not_ready, in_alarm, arming_stay, arming_night, arming_away

And Node-Red listens to topic zigbee2mqtt/<keypad name> for payload.action and payload.action_code from the keypad and sends the new alarm state to Alarmo.

The change node changes the keypads payload.action to Alarmo format ( disarm to alarm_disarm ect.)
The keypads alarm state (led status) is always in sync with Alarmo.

Just installed alarmo;

HA log filled with:
[frontend.js.latest.202104073] https://hassio.rossco.dynu.com/api/panel_custom/alarmo:1806:3097 TypeError: e.triggers is undefined

Suggestions?

Please report this issue in my Github project, so we can follow up on it.
It seems a harmless issue and a 5 min fix.

How pass parameters to alarmo action script?
Have this action:
`
name: Flash Light
modes:

• armed_away
    triggers:
  • state: triggered
    actions:
  • service: script.turn_on
    service_data:
    entity_id: script.flash_light
    device: sonoff_100028e0e9
    area: ‘1618921001’
    `
    When I try it, get error: “extra keys not allowed @ data[‘device’]”
    The script was working before I added parameters.
    Are parameters supported for alarmo actions?

is Alarmo 64bits compatible?

cant’ do step 3 in “install” instructions:
“3. Go to Configuration → Integrations and click the big orange ‘+’ button. Look for Alarmo and click to add it”.

Alarmo doesn’t appear, … not showed in integrations list.

Any help would be appreciate

Clear your browser cache. This is 10/10 times the issue.

Thax a lot,

After 3 restart, it didn’t appear, … but after a refresh page it appears.

Solved.

@neliss FYI; Nuked bwalarm (have to revert HA to configure) now recommending Alarmo for my users: https://www.rossco.org/modules/publisher/item.php?itemid=13#Alarmo_Alarm

Running on x86_64 and aarch64 (S9xxx TV boxes)

Please check that I’m not misrepresenting anything / doc’m additions / suggestions.
Obviously; Consider Alarmo very useful. Good work.

Regards;
Bill

Hi all,

I am currently integrating Alarmo in my HA.
I can arm the different Areas seperately however, when I’m trying to arm the system using the Master, this doesn’t do anything.

Do you have any idea? Do you need any further information?

Thanks for your much appreciated support

Hi . Can I install Alarmo and use with a Xiaomi gateway? I tried but it’s no working for me .

Great that you like it!
Some suggestions:

• Better to use this link for the installation files: https://github.com/nielsfaber/alarmo/releases/latest/download/alarmo.zip
    Otherwise users make a full copy of all source code, most of which is not needed to run Alarmo.

• Your section 3.3.3. regarding the Alarmo-card is not correct, your screenshots show the Lovelace Alarm Panel Card (which is not my work).
    Its fine to use that card, but Alarmo comes with its own flavour with some extra functions.

A small warning: things might change in the future, especially regarding the setting up of actions/notifications I’m planning to make some modifications. Hope this will not bother you.

Perhaps we can merge your guide in the readme of Alarmo, such that it can be found by more people, and I could help maintaining it when things change?
I would love some help with extending the instructions, especially written from the perspective of the user rather than me (some things might be intuitive to me but not to others).

I expect that one area fails which causes the master to abort the arming for all areas.
The best way to troubleshoot this is by creating a lovelace view with all areas + the master, as I did here.
If you use the ‘alarmo-card’ for this view, you should be able to get all info to see what’s going on.
If this doesn’t help, maybe the HA logs will be able to show more.
As a last resort you can enable the debug logging for Alarmo by adding this to configuration.yaml and restart HA:

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.alarmo: debug

Please let me know if you need assistance :slight_smile:
Consider to create an issue in github to discuss it more.

You mean to use the gateway as a siren?
From what I heard, the siren of the Xiaomi gateway can only be turned on/off by a specific service, and it is not available as a switch (or similar) entity.
I suppose a custom automation is needed to target the specific service, this is easier to do outside of Alarmo.

I use Alarmo and two Xiaomi gateways. I have writen automations for flashing them on the exit delays, entry delay, fixed orange when armed_night, red when armed_away, green for some time when disarmed and custom beeps on the delays.
The main alarm siren I have is a zwave one.

Good choice. I managed to get my gateway to ring but it stops after a few seconds. It does not reflect the settings entered in Alarmo of course and in the automation too… any ideas?

Thx for suggestions, I have reviewed and changed per your suggestions. Link (again): https://www.rossco.org/modules/publisher/item.php?itemid=13#Alarmo_Alarm

I am all for collaboration. Feel free to copy any of my stuff you consider of use to your docs, then, I may remove any redundancies from mine.

changes:
fixed install link / instructions
added Custom alarm card in addition to standard HA card

…the only constant in life is change, pointless to be bothered…

@jasonshearer
I just released an update which allows you to scale the buttons.
There are definitely more things to be done for improving the card, but it’s a start.