[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

All of this can be done easily with automations. Either via the HA UI or yaml.

I personally use Nodered for all my automations.

Thanks, for the reply. I’m through playing with it today but I might need an example to get started.

I also use node-red.

Send me a PM when you’re ready and I can share my nodered flows.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Problem using arm_mode as a condition in automation. I am migrating my HA alarm system to alarmo and have run into a problem. I have an automation to automatically set the alarm at night and another to disarm it in the morning. In my old config I had it set so that if the alarm was already armed as “armed_away” or “armed_home” the automation would not change the alarm mode, but leave it in “armed_night”. I can’t seem to get that to work with alarmo. The intent of the automation below is to disarm the alarm at 6:25 AM, but ONLY if the alarm is in “armed_night” mode. The problem is that it disarms the alarm if it is any state (“armed_away” and “armed_home”). Where have I gone wrong?

alias: Alarm - Disarm in Morning
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '06:25:00'
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    state: armed_night
    attribute: arm_mode
action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    data:
      code: '1'
    target:
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
mode: single

Another side note: I haven’t yet found a way to use the service “alarmo.arm” to set the null or disarmed state.

This should be solved by updating to v1.5.6.

This is added to v1.5.6, you can set keep_keypad_visible: true for the card.

1 Like

I’m not sure how the HA automations work exactly, but checking for the attribute arm_mode=armed_night should do the job fine.
I don’t see any reason why this condition check would pass when the alarm is in armed_away. I would dare to say there could be an issue in HA itself if this is the case.

As an alternative you could also check for the alarm to have state: armed_night.
The only difference is that arm_mode is set for arming, pending and triggered states as well, but I think in your case this is not relevant.

alarmo.arm service is intended for arming only. For disarming you can use the default alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm service.

1 Like

@neliss In 1.5.6, the keep_keypad_visible settings seems to be working great. My panel stays consistent now whether armed or not.

Thanks for all of the continued improvements!

Hey y’all! Right now I am mashing up the Alarmo backend and a custom card project that give larger, scaled buttons.

I would love to see this functionality incorporated into the new Alarmo custom card.

Thoughts?

Jason

2 Likes

nice!! i will have a look and see if i will implement this in my dashboard as well :slight_smile:

@jasonshearer Having the ability to have larger buttons on the keypad is the only remaining desire I have (at the moment). At present, the buttons are really small on my “alarm panel” tablet. I am not always able to get them right the first time and I know it causes problems for other family members, the pet sitters, etc.

That was my big thing. The code above works well. Would love to see this integrated into Alarmo :slight_smile:

Below is my card config using the Git page above pointing to the Alarmo entity.

Jason

confirm_entities:
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open_4
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
  - binary_sensor.recessed_door_sensor_7_access_control_window_door_is_open
  - binary_sensor.garagehalldoor_access_control_window_door_is_open
  - binary_sensor.z_wave_door_window_sensor_access_control_window_door_is_open_2
  - binary_sensor.z_wave_door_window_sensor_access_control_window_door_is_open
entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
labels:
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: Away
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.arm_home: Home
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.clear_code: Clear
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.disarm: Disarm
scale: 16px
show_countdown_timer: true
display_letters: false
states:
  - arm_home
  - arm_away
type: 'custom:alarm_control_panel-card'

Have set this up and pretty happy with it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the awesome work

1 Like

Let’s do it :+1:

2 Likes

I have read most of the posts and read that using a lock keypad with keymaster disarm alarmo.

I could not find instructions on how to do it.

Another question is: can other keypads be used to arm and disarm alarmo?

I don’t know what you mean by this.

Yes, but so far you will have to set up automations in HA to link the external devices to Alarmo.
There is a feature request to have functionality added to Alarmo to simplify this, but this is still open.

Assuming you mean to have the alarm state changed to disarmed when the lock status changes to unlocked?

Jason

Yes. I was probably too tired to make myself clear. That’s my bad.

Hi, this looks so good. tried installing via HACS and got up and running but no Custom Alarmo Card for Lovelace :frowning: Tried restarting several times nothing, checked the card folder in custom_components and vey few files so removed via has and installed manually from zip file. More files this time but the card still does not show up as an option when I edit my dashboards, any help most appreciated as really want to migrate to this :slight_smile:

Clear you browser cache / switch browsers / go to private mode.