[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Just updated to v1.7.1 and also installed the alarmo-card via HACS. I noticed in the installation instructions for alarmo-card it says:

Use the GUI; Configuration -> Lovelace Dashboards -> Resources Tab to add /hacsfiles/alarmo-card/alarmo-card.js

However, there was already an entry for alarmo-card except with the following URL:

/hacsfiles/alarmo-card/alarmo-card.js?hacstag=391372854100

It appears HACS already adds it to the resources section, so this part of the instructions might be unnecessary (caused a bit of confusion or me).

Additionally, every time I view the alarmo-card in the front end I notice this entry in the HA logs:

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202108090
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:190
First occurred: 2:39:49 PM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:49:44 PM

* :0:0 Script error.
* http://xxx/hacsfiles/alarmo-card/alarmo-card.js:162:73 NotSupportedError: Cannot define multiple custom elements with the same tag name

I noticed the same thing. I added the reference to /hacsfiles/alarmo-card/alarmo-card.js as well but am indeed wondering whether it should not just be one of the two instead of both.

Was on v. 1.6.2 and had everything working fine. Then, updated to 1.7.1. My alarm card disappeared with a message saying could not be found. I went back to 1.6.2 and now the size scaling for the buttons is not showing up. How do I get the slider back?

Probably due to this, mentioned a few post up from yours
[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system - Share your Projects! / Custom Components - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

It also in the changelog for 1.7.1
Release v1.7.1 Ā· nielsfaber/alarmo (github.com)

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the same error and on 1.7.1, Alarmo wonā€™t load.

Sorry, this is now fixed with release v1.7.2.

I have just started having an issue where my alarm suddenly disarms. Wondering if anyone else has has this issueā€¦

Looking in the HA logbook there is nothing leading up to it, simply alarm_control_panel.house changed to ā€˜disarmedā€™.

Iā€™ll do some further digging, anyone else had this?

This sounds bad, those things shouldnā€™t happen!
I suspect MQTT is the cause, as you say that there is nothing leading to it in HA.
Could you run Alarmo for a while with debug logging enabled?
You can do so by changing configuration.yaml (requires restarting HA):

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.alarmo: debug

If you found more leads, please open a github issue for follow-up.
You also have another issue pending on github, could you provide some more input on this?

Will do both the logging and a reply on the other github issue. cheers

Iā€™ve just had the alarm mysteriously disarm again and got the below in the log:

2021-08-25 07:11:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.mqtt] Received command disarmed

2021-08-25 07:11:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.alarm_control_panel] alarm_disarm

2021-08-25 07:11:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.alarm_control_panel] entity alarm_control_panel.house was updated from armed_away to disarmed

2021-08-25 07:11:03 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.alarm_control_panel] Alarm is disarmed.

2021-08-25 07:11:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.automations] state of alarm_control_panel.house is updated from armed_away to disarmed

2021-08-25 07:11:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.alarmo.automations] executing automation 1627610333

The automation at the end is what sends an MQTT message to my main alarm system to disarm it, so it and Alarmo remain in sync as for some reason I was having issues using the inbuilt Alarmo MQTT command (wasnā€™t being sent /detected / registered, not sure)

EDIT: It looks like Alarmo received a disarm command via MQTT for some reason. Iā€™ll have to investigate that side of things as to why.

Is there a way I can log the MQTT history while not at home?

EDIT: found my answer.

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.alarmo: debug
    homeassistant.components.mqtt: debug

EDIT (again): So it turns out that the ā€˜armā€™ topic from my Paradox alarm is in fact ā€˜retainedā€™. There is a setting to disable that in the interface so I can try that.

2021-08-25 10:17:38 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Received message on paradoxdCTL/hassio/Arm (retained): b'armed_away'

Got everything updated and installed the new Alarmo card. It works great, but I still canā€™t cast the card to my Nest Hub.

Not sure where to start looking for the issue. Every other view/card works just fine.

Iā€™m still sort of new to setting up Alarmo - but have a very basic question from the outset. Is it possible to launch the Control Panel and only the panel in a browser, that does not have access to the rest of HA? I want to be able to drag the window to touchscreen monitor that I already have installed at the front door (Currently has a blue iris feed on it, I plan on sharing the display with blue iris on one side and the panel on the other side). But Iā€™m not crazy about the idea of that browser window having access to the rest of HA. Or maybe thereā€™s a different way that Iā€™m not thinking of yet?

I hear you (and I think you mentioned it one or two times before).
I have a nest hub myself, will give it a try when I can.
I wouldnā€™t expect it to look as pretty as the native alarm panel UI in google Nest (which Iā€™m using), but we should be able to get something out of itā€¦
Will let you know if I have any progress on this.
Does the normal Lovelace Alarm Panel card work for you?

This is not really an Alarmo specific question, but more about the HA ecosystem.
What you could do is create a second (non-admin) user, who only has access to the Lovelace GUI.
Second step would be to create a dashboard with only the Alarmo card in there, and make the other dashboard (with remaining cards) admin-only.
This is (as far as I know) the only option HA offers.

The other option is to use the MQTT Alarm Panel project, Alarmo is made compatible with that.
I wouldnā€™t know how to run it side-by-side with blue-iris though.

1 Like

Thank you for the off-topic help, that helps a lot.

As far as the side-by-side, Iā€™m just going to use Windows to snap them into adjacent windows on the touchscreen monitor. Crude but effective.

Appreciate the help!

Yes, the normal lovelace alarm panel works. The BWalarm one did too before it got deprecated.

Iā€™m up for testing mine so let me know if I can do anything.

Hi,

new to Alarmo.

Is there a way to configure rules to mode switch from the component itself or should I rely on standard automations ?

Simone

@chemelli You mean to arm/disarm Alarmo automatically?
This is currently not possible from within the alarmo GUI, but indeed requires external automations as described here.
You could use the alarmo.arm service since it allows extra options (on top of e.g. alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away) for skipping exit delay and bypassing sensors which are currently active.
Alarmo also allows direct transitioning from armed_away ā†’ armed_home etc.

1 Like

Hi

Just have an issue and was wondering if anybody else experiencing the same error? I am on the latest release.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:89
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/websocket_api), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+websocket_api%22))
First occurred: 6:38:13 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:38:15 PM

[547743115968] Received invalid command: alarmo_updated

This can happen if you try to view the alarmo-card before the alarmo integration is loaded.
It might occur right after restarting HA, in other cases it is not normal.
Since the error is caused by the websocket_api component, I cannot provide a solution for it.
I had some arguments with balloob from the dev team to discuss the issue, but he wasnā€™t vey willing to make modifications for helping custom_components (its a known limitation).

Hi,

Is there any way to change the tone that plays on my z-wave siren? I can see how to enable it in the action section of the Alarmo configuration but it seems to be only able to toggle on or off.

Suspect I have to configure the parameters when the siren is triggered?

Thanks,