[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Ahh ok,

That’s makes sense, bummer.

I think I have it fixed up and im testing now.

One more thing if you can?

I seem to have broken areas as I was playing around with what worked :frowning: LOL do I need to delete the integration and start again? Reloading and restarting supervisor didn’t do anything :frowning:

I would expect the same list to show up in the “areas” panel below.
Maybe you need to refresh the page or something?
If nothing else helps, yes, you might need to reinstall the integration.
On the other hand I’m curious what happened, maybe you found something that needs improving from my side.

Thanks,

I did, I restarted, I tried to add and remove entities.

I’m not even sure how I did it LOL

In the end, I removed the integration and started again (didn’t have anything set up really)

Thanks for getting back :slight_smile:

Firstly, I love Alarmo - it’s excellent! It simplifies so much of setting up and checking that my Alarm is operating correctly. THANKS!

I experienced an issue the other day that the alarm didn’t set and I only realised on my return what happened. One of the doors had been left slightly ajar and the system failed to arm.
It’s only after the exit delay (when I’d put my phone away), that the error was flagged - so I didn’t notice. I have now set up a push notification to let me know if I do that again - providing I hear and pay attention to it!
Is there a way in which to let the remaining sensors arm rather than it revert to a disarmed state?

Such feature is not available for doors, as I assumed you never want to arm the alarm with a door open (it seems a bit of a false security to me).
Instead you could treat your sliding door as ‘window’, where you can apply the setting:

Bypass automatically
Exclude this sensor from the alarm if it is open while arming.

Thanks @neliss. I will give that a go and try them as windows.

Yes, I suppose it does sounds like a false sense of security…but it is the lesser of two evils. I’d rather that the other 10 sensors in the house were armed rather than them all being disarmed.

I’ll set an automation to identify where Alarmo is armed but there is a door opened and send a notification. That way, there is the opportunity to sort the unsecured door but I’ll have peace of mind knowing that all the other sensors would trigger if the notification is missed. That should sort it!

Hi @neliss
Would I be correct in thinking that when I have my sensors defined as Windows they no longer work with the entry delay? I’ve noticed that when I don’t disarm prior to entry the alarm sounds.

Yes, you might want to clear the sensor type (click the X in the selection menu) to have all options available.
I will try to improve this behaviour in an upcoming release. Can imagine it’s rather confusing right now.

Just started using Alarmo and it’s great! I love the alarmo-card - but I do have constant issue when using my external URL (nabu casa), doesn’t matter if it’s browser or companion app (both Android & iOS). Internal URL always works - I would love for this to become a separate lovelace custom card within HACS - since none of those seem to have this caching issue. At least until the caching issue is resolved so it works as expected. Got woken this morning by the alarm since my girlfriend couldn’t access the alarm panel but met with the card not found error instead :smiley:

But I wasn’t able to find any decision from this poll? Have you made one @neliss?

Thanks for the great work!

@Rittsel
I don’t like hearing that you are still struggling with caching problems of the Alarmo-card.
Based on the poll results, the problem seemed minor so I decided to keep it inside of the alarmo ‘package’.
I did ask for help with the HA devs and got a review of my code, all seemed fine except one flag that might have something to do with the caching problems. This has been fixed some releases ago, but there does not seem to be a noticeable change.

So maybe it’s better to just have it as a separate card.
I just opened up a repo for Alarmo-card and requested it to be added to the HACS store.
I guess in a week or so it should become available in HACS (in the frontend section).
In a next update of Alarmo, the card will be removed from the code (since I don’t want to maintain the code in both places).
This will mean that all current users of Alarmo-card need to install the card separately.
I will give a shout when it is added in HACS.

1 Like

Thanks @neliss - I really appreciate the quick action here and elaborate answer! Really awesome to see!

Important announcement for alarmo-card users
Currently the alarmo-card comes included with the Alarmo integration and is automatically installed in HA.
However, multiple users experience (or have experienced) issues where the card cannot be found by the browser.
I discussed this problem with the HA developers, but they were unable to find the cause or provide a solution.
As an alternative, the alarmo-card will be changed into a separate custom card which needs to be installed+updated independently (as is usually the case for custom cards).

What does this mean for you?

• If you don’t use alarmo-card (or you don’t even know what it is), you can ignore this message.
  • If you do use alarmo-card, please install it separately. The card can be installed via HACS but also can be installed manually. Refer to the installation instructions here.

Remarks:
Alarmo-card will be removed from the alarmo integration ‘package’ in an upcoming release (ETA: ~2 weeks). You can choose to wait until this release, or install the card already. Updating Alarmo without having the card installed, will cause the card to disappear from your dashboard.

Having alarmo-card + alarmo installed may cause an error message in your browser logs:

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute ‘define’ on ‘CustomElementRegistry’: the name “alarmo-card-editor” has already been used with this registry

This message basically indicates that the card was installed twice, which is due to the fact that the current version of Alarmo comes with the card as well. The message is harmless and will be solved.

I’m sorry for your troubles, hopefully the transition will be smooth for everyone :+1:
As always, please let me know if you experience any problems. I’m happy to help!

5 Likes

@neliss, I have struggled a bit as well. Solved it for a short period then disappeared again. The move to have the card separately is a good move. Hopefully it will solve all the problem, what some of us had, once forever.
Thanks for the great work!

I would like to add a delay when arming from my keypad on the wall, but I don’t want a general delay for the alarm when arming from the alarmo card and other automations. Is that possible in some way?

I just updated alarmo in hacs, and i am now getting this error on startup.

2021-08-15 23:07:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain alarmo took 0.0 seconds
2021-08-15 23:07:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.storage] Migrating alarmo.storage storage from 2 to 4
2021-08-15 23:07:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Alarmo for alarmo
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/__init__.py", line 46, in async_setup_entry
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py", line 596, in async_get_registry
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py", line 591, in _load_reg
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py", line 265, in async_load
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py", line 236, in _async_migrate_func
  File "/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py", line 242, in <listcomp>

I’ve updated from Alarmo 1.6.2 to 1.7.1 and I have a similar loss of Alarmo (regardless as to whether HA 2021.8.6 or 2021.8.3). I’ve had to roll back to a 5 day old snapshot and I’ll stay on Alarmo 1.6.2 until the issue is resolved.

Strange, no issues here upgrading to 1.7.1

Do you use a separate Alarmo card?
The original card has been removed from integration.

I applied a second alarmo card and same keypad-less lovelace card appeared, as is also the case if trying to use the standard lovelace card. That is when I spotted Alarmo was also missing from the sidebar and the log confirmed it had not loaded properly on reboot.

Strange, I use the Alarmo 1.7.1 card and integration and everything works fine. I only had a problem displaying the version, and I fixed it by clearing the browser cache.