[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Totally understand. It really is just a nice to have on what is a really great component :+1:t2:

I want to change Alarmos language to swedish. How do I do that? I canā€™t find that setting

I believe something went wrong with that.
The translation was submitted under language code se but i think it should have been sv.
This needs to be fixed in a next release, until then the translation is not available.
Alarmo should automatically show up in the same language as set up in your HA account (if available).

1 Like

I wanted to tell you that wildcard buttons with dark themes (eg Google Dark Theme) are not visible

and the ā€œgeneralā€ and ā€œsensorsā€ tabs are not displayed correctly with the Home Assistant app

Where do I change language for this ā€œaddonā€? I changed display language in HA but still was English. I Want to test Swedish translation now:)

Hi Niels,
First of all THANKS for this addon really a good stuff! I would like to ask a ā€œdumbā€ question: how is the interaction done with the alarm system itself? I can see all my sensors and added them properly, user created with a PIN code and I can ā€œactivateā€ and ā€œdeactivateā€ via the GUI but the alarm system itself is not activating so I think something is missing . . . Thanks in advance!

See above. The translation file is now stored as se but should be renamed to sv for being recognised in HA. Unfortunately this requires making a new release.

Alarmo is intended to be used standalone.
You can register sensors to be watched, and also configure a siren to be enabled and/or push notifications to be sent when the alarm is activated.
There is no need for having an alarm system since all the intelligence is within Alarmo.

The only reason I can see for linking the alarm system would be to make use of the keypad for arming/disarming Alarmo.
However since there are many brands and types there is no built-in support for this in Alarmo, instead this link should be made externally (through automations).
Depending on your alarm system there might be a integration available in HA.

Most people choose to interact with Alarmo with a mobile phone or a wall mounted touchscreen/tablet.

@neliss
did you take a look at my issue reports?

Yes, thanks for reporting.
But I donā€™t have time to work on this now.
It would be helpful if you create issues in GitHub for them, because it might take a couple of weeks before I can pick it up and I usually check that list for to-doā€™s.

Tried setting this up today. First impressions are that it is very well thought out and easy to configure.

I did find one issue. I canā€™t edit the message actions when using Firefox, even with enhanced tracking protection off. Chrome is ok though so nothing holding me back.

Firefox:

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 11-06-03 Alarmo - Home Assistant

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 11-05-26 Alarmo - Home Assistant

Chrome:

Untitled2

If you have no suggestions for a solution I can open an issue to track this.

EDIT: Iā€™m also having trouble saving custom actions when I select a script entity type. I can edit this in yaml and get it to save correctly though.

Awesome!
Hope you stay onboard.
Would love to hear your experience after using it for a while.

I think the issues you are having is due to some web elements of the HA frontend being not loaded (textfields, YAML editor etc).
I believe the frontend is written such that web elements are only loaded by your browser on pages where they are used (to minimise traffic when you only load a Lovelace view etc).

The bad thing is that for a custom_component it is not possible to interact with the HA frontend and request for these elements to be loaded.
Sadly I have never been able to reproduce what you are seeing. If I could see this myself I could try to fix it.
If you can find a pattern (browser, click path, etc) to see this I would like to hear it, i would prefer if you open a GitHub issue for it for follow-up.

No worries, Iā€™ll open an issue soon. Unfortunate that you have not been able to reproduce it.

It was a very smooth transition from bwalarm.

The only other minor issue Iā€™ve noticed is that the core alarm panel is showing the keyboard when the alarm is in the disarmed state, even though I have ā€œUse Arm Codeā€ switched off.

EDIT: I just went to take some new screenshots for the Notification message issue but now I canā€™t reproduce it!

Hello, I not understand how configure paradox with mqtt and alarmo. Not workingā€¦all configurations.

Hello @neliss,

I just upgraded to 1.8.0 and the newest alarmo card via HACS.

Now, the keep_keypad_visible functionality no longer appears to be working. When disarmed, the card size is shrinking again. Any thoughts on how to retain this functionality?

This behavior is reported as an error. Here

Dear @neliss have been using your alarm system for a year now, very happy with it.

Iā€™m not sure what the logic is of this breaking change in V1.8.0.

• When switching between armed states without disarming in between (e.g. armed_home ā†’ armed_away, via service alarmo.arm) this will now be via state arming. This implies that the transition will wait for the exit delay (if configured), and a code may be needed for doing so (if configured).

Is there a way of keeping the functionality as it was before (so that it doesnā€™t use the exit delay when switching between armed states?
If not Iā€™ll have to dig a bit deeper how to make my use case work after the update :slight_smile:

I believe user @sparkydave has it working. You could check his configuration here.

Yes I made a mistake with that. But it should be fixed in the v1.2.1 release. Please donā€™t report issues in this thread, but use GitHub issues for that.

It is a matter of consistency. Some users want to keep Alarmo in ā€˜armed homeā€™ while they are home and change it to ā€˜armed awayā€™ before leaving the house. In this case the exit delay is needed.
I donā€™t like introducing breaking changes either, but sometimes you have to take 1 step back to be able to take 2 forward :wink:

Yes, you can call alarmo.arm with skip_delay: true to have the behaviour as you had it.

2 Likes

I am using several Zwave switches (Fibaro, Qubino). How can I activate the alarm settings in the zwave devices? I want them to start flashing when alarm is triggered. I think it should be possible to send some commands using zwaveJS but I am lost.

1 Like