[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Well the concept of an alarm system is that it triggers as soon as one of the sensors is tripped. Unless you have multiple sensors being tripped at EXACTLY the same time then you would never get more than one being reported as having been the cause of the alarm being triggered.

You need to check the supported_features attribute of the alarm_control_panel entity for this.
The supported arm modes are encoded like this:

They are bit-wise combined, so an alarm which supports modes home+away will have supported_features 1+2=3.

thank you!
That’s what I was looking for.

When I want to add more sensors, I get the following error message:

Something went wrong!
Message format incorrect: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘name’]
Response error: 400

Can this be related to the new version, if so: what do I need to change to add new sensors?
I have only named the sensors via the GUI of HA

In the Alarmo GUI you probably see an older version number than you have installed in the corner of the screen. This indicates that your browser cache is the cause.
I asked the developers of HA if I could influence this behaviour (e.g. disable caching completely, or refresh after update), but it doesn’t seem the case.

1 Like

This damn cache
 It was actually due to it again, thank you! The version in Alarmo’s cache was 1.8.3, but installed was 1.8.5. Small thing with “big” impact.

Hello, How can I focus Alarmo via google assistant I have tried everything be it traffic jams or anything else I am from Germany and it does not work but deactivate works.

Hi All

Not sure if this is just me, but does anyone elses alarmo instance not allow you to arm_away if a door is open (for example, I am at my front door - I go to arm my alarm_away and it wont allow this action as one of the sensors is open).

I have multiple motion sensors plus door sensors - but it wont allow me to arm the alarm if im stood at the door about to walk out.

Had a look in the settings and not noticed any options on this, can anyone point me in right direction.
Thanks!

Hi, thank you very much for this wonderful and useful Alarmo integration. May i ask if there’s a way to allow non-admin users to use Alarmo? Thank you very much.

Once you have set it up it doesn’t require admin access, you can arm/disarm from lovelace directly with a non-admin users. Tecnhically the Alarm users are not necessarily linked with the HA users, in my experience.

Keypad idea for Alarmo

Hello. I am currently running Alarmo 1.8.5 w/ Alarmo-card 1.2.3.

I am not sure when this started, but it was fairly recently.

I have two modes - Armed Away and Armed Home. Both are configured for 30 seconds entry and 30 seconds exit (on away only).

But, when I arm the alarm, I get 10 seconds on the counter from Alarmo.

When entering after armed, I get 15 seconds. Neither of these align to the time configured in the Alarmo settings. Any idea what might be wrong?

Setup failed for alarmo: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'STATE_ALARM_ARMED_VACATION' from 'homeassistant.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)

Just got this in my logs today

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for taking time to reply.

What i was really aiming for was to allow to my non-admin home members to have access for Alarmo setting such as creating new users/passwords, setting sensors and actions, etc. However, Alarmo do not show up on the sidebar on non-admin users. I want them to have access to Alarmo but not on other items (e. g. configurations, integrations) to avoid accidentally altering/changing these settings.

Thank you!

Access to the configuration panel for Alarmo is limited to administrator accounts.
This is similar to the HA Configuration panel.
There is currently no way to have users change the Alarmo configuration without having access to the HA configuration, it is also not considered at this point.

Thank you very much for the reply!.

Important heads-up for users of Alarmo
In a couple of days the 2022.3 release of HA will come out.
It comes with quite a significant change which will break a couple of things in the Alarmo configuration panel (text fields, dropdown lists, etc).
I haven’t got the time yet to update the panel in preparation for the changes.
In case you don’t like Alarmo being (partially) broken, you might want to wait a bit with updating your HA installation.
Hopefully I will be able to make a fix for this in the upcoming weekend(s), I will give a shout when this is in place.

For details of the changes in HA see here:

3 Likes

has anybody been able to get the alarm set up with the Alexa integration ? I can’t seem to get the alert notification to work on any of my Alexa’s or my Googles around the house

Any thoughts on the short timeout for arming/disarming? It makes it really tough to get the alarm disabled before it is set off.

Aren’t you able to adjust the delay in the Addon GUI?