[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Hi Everyone. Is this the place to request new features / functionality in Alarmo? If not, please let me know and I will post to the appropriate place. As you can tell, I am fairly new here.

Is there any way to re-order the Alarmo Actions and Notifications items? I ask, as I have 2 actions defined when the alarm is triggered: 1) say a message on my living room speaker. 2) trigger the siren on my Alarm Panel Pro board. I currently have them defined in that order. The problem I found is that Action #2 (siren) is delayed if Action #1 (speaker) gets delayed for any reason.

I would simply like to re-order the actions so that the siren is sounded first, then say the message on the speaker. It seems the only way to accomplish this is to delete / redefine the action. The issue with that is that I have other actions defined for different alarm states other then triggered (disarm, etc).

Or is this already available and I missed it? Maybe the ability to edit the order in YAML maybe?

Thank you for your consideration.

I have not found a way to re-order any of the Actions in the UI. Have not tried digging around in the files.

However, you could just use a custom script to do all the heavy lifing and then have full control of order, delays, and all other apects without having to ever change Actions in Alarmo. I have some complex actions that I do (including loops, etc) setup in a script and just call that single script from Alarmo.

It took a bit of fiddling to get it working in the Alarmo Actions screends but this is what the YAML looks like

- service: script.alarm_actions
  entity_id: script.alarm_actions
  data: {}

After that it shows up like this in the UI

Does Alarmo support lock entities properly? I see it loosly mentions in the dock as a entity type under Door but don’t understand how to set it up correctly.

It might be due to the customization I have done on my “locks” (really just open / closes sensors attached to my deadbolts) but this is what I have

customization

and this is how it shows in Alarmo. I can only set it as a Door, not a Lock.

Thus my notifications say things like “Front door is Locked” when it’s actually unlocked when I try to set the alarm. So it’s got the opposite status, at least in the notifications
 but it understands the state correctly. State is just transposed in the {{open_sensors}}?

Has anyone solved the Alarmo → HomeKit integration via the bridge?
I’ve searched all over the place and couldn’t find an answer on how to supply the code to Apple. The intity itself is exposed via Bridge configuration UI.

I still use the HomeKit config.yaml for my alarm.

###### HomeKit ######  
homekit:
  - filter:
      include_entities:
        - alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    entity_config:
      alarm_control_panel.alarmo:
        code: XXXX
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve added it to configuration.yaml and this resulted in a new bridge being created. Had to remove alarmo from the other bridge and then added the new bridge using QR code to Apple Home. Everythings works after a restart. Awesome.

1 Like

No problem!

Absolutely no issue running multiple bridges. I’m fact, for a long time I held back migrating to the HomeKit integration because I didn’t know I could run both simultaneously.

1 Like

Is there a possibility to automatically add an excluded sensor after the alarm is Armed?
Sometimes it happens that I arm the alarm for the night and a window upstairs is not closed.
When I close the window, the sensor is still excluded. I have no idea how to include the sensor otherwise then disarm and arm the alarm.

Please help, This is my first attempt to use Alarmo, love the idea, sadly this did not work for me, it’s a brand new deployment. My HA is the latest with zero update pending. It seemed to of download ok via HACS. I then found it in intergrations and said yes to deploy, then it showed up in Intergrations with a redbox with"error", was so disapointed to see that happen. I checked the known issues and althrough simular I could not find an existing issue as mine according to the logs.

LOG:
This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/alarmo/store.py:674
Integration: Alarmo (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:40:50 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:38:46 PM

Error setting up entry Alarmo for alarmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 387, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/alarmo/init.py”, line 55, in async_setup_entry
store = await async_get_registry(hass)
File “/config/custom_components/alarmo/store.py”, line 674, in async_get_registry
return cast(AlarmoStorage, await task)
TypeError: SensorEntry.init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘entity’

Please help, i’d so like to use this for my HA Alarm needs, looks so impressive.
Regards

Hello, anyone can help with alarmo and paradox GitHub - ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai: Paradox Magellan, Spectra and EVO, with MQTT, Signal, Pushbullet, Pushover and others integration with mqtt. I tried several settings, but I can’t Arm or diss-arm the system.

In my HA alarm_control_panel is mqtt
“command_topic”: “paradox/control/partitions/Area_3”
“availability_topic”: “paradox/interface/availability”
“state_topic”: “paradox/states/partitions/Area_3/current_state”

what settings must be in mqtt for this system to work?

State topic?
Event topic?
Command topic?

Regards

Hi, I would like to put the arming icon and the panel title text on separate lines instead of next to each other.

Is this possible?

I have set up the Alarmo integration in parallel with my ‘real’ alarm panel that is controlled and monitored through KNX. The Alarmo system works in parallel with the alarm hardware. In HA I keep both alarm panels in sync. Alarmo switches on and off when the KNX alarm does and vice versa.

But I am very worried that this automation might fail and throw the alarm panels out of sync
 Would it be possible to merge both alarm panels in some way to make sure that they always follow each others status?

(PS I want to be able to control both the alarmo panel and the alarm hardware in the house. So the sync has to be bi-directional, a change in alarmo triggers a change in hardware alarm and vice versa)

I do this exact same thing but with a Paradox alarm system. I find that the two rarely get out of sync, only if a trigger to change over is somehow missed via MQTT. When this happens I simply arm/disarm again and it sorts itself out.

Do you have the automations setup to keep the two in sync? If so, it shouldn’t really be a problem.

Just getting alarmo set up and I noticed on the Github page that there is an event for INVALID_CODE_PROVIDED. I’d like my camera to take a picture of the person who entered the incorrect code but I can’t seem to figure out how to get this event to show up in the UI so I can use it to trigger a script. Is it possible?

You can trigger on the alarmo_failed_to_arm event and use a condition to filter on the invalid_code specifically. There is an example in the documentation.

Hello, I have a sensor (homematic) on one of my doors that has 3 states (open, close, tilt). As I see, it is currently only possible to check for binary sensors when arming the system.
Would it be possible to enable also sensors with these states?

I have a problem with a Homematic window. Alarm is armed. Window1 is open. Now Homematic will be restarted in the night. Window one gets “open” again and an alarm is triggered. Why can’t you just react to changes? So only if the value was “different” beforehand. The Ignore window is not an option.

@Fugazzy and @ChrisXY
You can both use template sensors for what you want to achieve. In both cases you’d need a “trigger based template binary sensor”, see here:

Hi, looking at Alarmo (with my new Ring Keypad 2) and reading through on Github for installation, it mentions using the UI under “Integrations”.

I am on RPi 4 Model B:
Home Assistant 2023.6.3
Supervisor 2023.06.4
Operating System 10.3
Frontend 20230608.0 - latest

But “Alarmo” is not included in Settings > Integrations - am I missing something?
I’m quite happy to follow the manual installation process but feel that the UI pathway might offer a more pain-free option?

Is it because I am on the Pi OS version of HA?

Thank you.

Alarmo is a third party integration, so you need to install+update it via HACS.

1 Like