[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Im trying to use the Alarmo Card along side Remote Home-Assistant https://github.com/custom-components/remote_homeassistant

Left side of screenshot is a my main (local) HA instance

Right side of screenshot is a remote HA instance

The alarm is located and conencted to the remote HA instance

As you can see in my screenshot, When I Arm and Disarm the system both the local and remote instance update (Apart from the countdown on the local side)

I can Arm and Disarm the alarm from the built in Alarm card on both instances and I can Arm and Disarm using the Alarmo card at the remote instance.

I cannot Arm or Disarm on the Local instance though.

Has anyone ever tried to get these two things working together?

Hello! First of all, I would like to say thank you to the developers for such an awesome alarm integration!

Having said that, I would like to share some comments and suggestions. It would be great if developers take them into account for a future release, or just tell why such options are not possible.

1. Wouldnā€™t it make more sense not to change the main Alarmo control panel entity name upon creating areas? Is there any reason such entity is changed to ā€œmasterā€ instead of keeping the usual one, and just create new panel entities according to new areas names?
  2. If for whatever reason you decide to remove one/all areas (to restore the single panel scenario), would it be possible to return entities belonging to such area/s to the master/main alarm panel (or choose another available panel) instead of removing them?
  3. When a new area is added, you have the option to get the config from an existing area. However, actions/automations are not inherited. Would it be possible to do that, so you donā€™t have to redo all automations/actions for the new created areas?

Thanks!

Hello all

Really stupid question: how do you get into a ā€œPendingā€ state? I tried everything but canā€™t see the pending state?

It will only go to pending if you have an entry or exit delay set. If those are set to zero it will jump from disarmed straight to armed and vice versa.

Hi Dave

Thank you

That is what I thought. I get ā€œArmingā€ state fine when I have Exit delay set. But I cannot get ā€œPendingā€ state when I have Entry delay.

I think the latest release have some bugs.

So triggering a sensor which is set as an entry delayed one, should put Alarmo into ā€˜pendingā€™. Is that not happeneing?

Not on my instant

What happens instead then? The alarm triggers?

Ran a test again. Door Opening sets it to Pending, but Motion sensor does not do anything.

Motion Sensor set as a Entry/Exit. This is for the Night Alarm

Have you checked that the motion sensor state is definitely changing (in HA) when you walk in front of it?

Yep. Ran another test, no activity.

My Entry and Exit Times set to 10 sec. Here is my Motion Sensor

Use the dev tool to see what is happening with that sensor when you walk in front of it.

eg:

Make sure your sensor is changing correctly.

Iā€™m on holiday and during the last week my alarm was triggered twice triggered by ā€œSensor state (Any) is unavailableā€.

All my individual sensors are set to not trigger when the sensor becomes unavailable. However it seems to trigger when all sensors become unavailable at the same time.

I will need to investigate what is causing this (strange as it is a combination of zwave and zigbee sensors and all become unavailable) but my question: Is there a way to set this in Alarmo (ignore all sensors becoming unavailable) or is this a bug/feature request?

I have a very strange problem with Alarmo not triggering after a few days in armed mode (and two triggered alarms during that time). I was not at home for two weeks and set Alarmo to armed away mode with 5 motion sensors in one sensor group. Every two days, my neighbor made sure that everything is in order at home, thus triggered the (silent) alarm. This worked well for the first two visits. Both on day 2 and 4, at least two motion sensors fired and Alarmo triggered the alarm and returned to armed away after my neighbor left. However both on day 6 and 8 again the same motion sensors fired, but Alarmo stayed in armed away mode. I then manually disarmed and armed again. Two days later, Alarmo triggered without any problems again.

@Tyfoon

I will need to investigate what is causing this (strange as it is a combination of zwave and zigbee sensors and all become unavailable) but my question: Is there a way to set this in Alarmo (ignore all sensors becoming unavailable) or is this a bug/feature request?

Yes, this can be set in the ā€˜sensorsā€™ tab. Click on a sensor and expand the advanced settings. Uncheck ā€˜trigger when unavailableā€™.

@sec

I havenā€™t heard about such issue before, but it sounds very concerning. Reacting to sensors is the core function of alarmo, so this needs to be tackled.
Can you please open a bug report in the Alarmo GitHub project for this, so we can follow-up on it?

Sure, thanks for your quick reply.

EDIT: just found Alarmo stops sending notification after longer Arm Away status Ā· Issue #778 Ā· nielsfaber/alarmo Ā· GitHub which seems to perfectly describe the issue I observed.

@neliss thanks. But my issue is specifically to ALL sensors becoming unavailable. As mentioned, I have set all the individual sensors to NOT trigger the alarm (in the sensor setting of alarmo) but if ALL the Sensors come unavailable at the same time, the alarm is still triggered.

In other words , in that specific case (all sensors unavailable ) it does not seem to respect the individual sensors setting.

The specific message I get is mentioned in my original post

The only thing I can think of is creating some template binary sensor which becomes active when all sensors are unavailable simultaneously.
But such functionality is not (and will not) be present within alarmo.

Hi,

need some help with the alarm, so I have 12 sensors (contact), and I have automatization at 00 arm night and at 6 am disarm, but, it is summer, and 1 or maybe 2 sensor is open, in this case, the alarm is not triggered, it is possible when trying to arm and if is having x sensors opened, then ignore that one and alarmā€¦

thx,
nick