[Custom Component] Alarmo - browser managed alarm system

Yes, you can configure per sensor if it must be automatically bypassed if it is open while arming. Otherwise there is also an option to ignore the initial open state (closing+opening again will still trigger).
There is no option to ignore 2 out of 10 (or similar).

@neliss thanks for quick response. Still a bit puzzled why Alarmo can bet set to ignore all individual sensors but still triggers when all these sensors -that individually all have been set to not trigger when unavailable- become unavailable. Isnā€™t this a bug?

Hi neliss,

I ques I need to create an automatization, and need to look like this?

Or, please support how I need to exclude 1 or 2 sensor if they are opened when the Alarm is arm.

Thx for answer,
nick

I recommend using a state trigger. In your case it should look like this:

As action you should call the arm service:

The ā€˜forceā€™ option allows you to ignore any open sensors during the arming.
Otherwise you can also configure (within alarmo) which sensor(s) may be automatically ignored/bypassed when they are open while arming.

Obviously, setting up an automation like this doesnā€™t make any sense. It is triggered when the alarm is in ā€˜armed nightā€™ and the action is to set it to ā€˜armed nightā€™ so it will not do anything meaningful.

Hi nelss

unfortunately, automation is not working, alarmo is not set to night.

Now try to modify in alarmo menu, please support me.

I do in this way:

General - armed custom bypass but unfortunately cannot add any sensorā€¦

I suppose I need to add the sensor but only I could remove from the contacts.

maybe I do something wrongā€¦

nick

First, thank you to Niels. This is an amazing integration into HA. Iā€™m just 6 months into HA which I think would be considered NEW, I now have a Kindle Fire wall tablet, working great with music, lights, cameras, weather and now, an alarm system.

Just made a donation as a way of saying thank you. Buy the Dev a Few Coffees Hope everyone has taken the time to do that.

Quick question. I have a Aeotec Z-Wave Indoor Siren 6. Quite a beast of a product, lots of different sounds on different conditions. In my HA automation, like my water leak alarm, I can set the volume and of course one of the 30 sounds. In Alarmo, I can select the entity, the alarm goes on, but Iā€™d like to be able to control volume.

In my previous hacked together alarm automation for advising me that a door was open, I had code like this:

action:
  - service: siren.turn_on
    data:
      tone: "30"
      **volume_level: 0.2**
    target:
      device_id: ef9fd809872118c7964c45e54bdb7479
      entity_id: siren.indoor_siren_6_3

Is this possible in Alarmo?

I canā€™t say if Alarmo can do this. But you can always use your previous version as a script and call this script from Alarmo. :slight_smile:

Where you do call a script from in Alarmo? Perhaps under Actions, call the script as an entity?

And thank you.

From the sidebar click on Alarmo > Actions > Actions > New Action > Task, choose the script you want to run. :slight_smile: I havenā€™t tried if or how Alarmo could do that by its own, but that should work. :slight_smile:

@harryfine
Thank you for your enthusiasm for this project and for your donation!
I have a big appreciation for people who are willing to make a donation, knowing Iā€™m a complete stranger to you. It does give me motivation to keep supporting the project.

As for your questions:

This looks like a standard siren so Iā€™d say it should be supported by Alarmo. If it doesnā€™t, please make a report of this so it will get some attention.
My own setup is very basic (I have a silent alarm and only use notifications) but I would like to cover all basic use-cases.

There are always 2 options:

1. Make use of Alarmo actions panel (i.e. create automations which are managed within alarmo)
  2. Keep using the automation as you have it.

The first option is the most elegant so should be used for basic use-cases (like toggling a siren).
In the ā€˜Actionsā€™ tab click ā€˜new Actionā€™ and choose ā€˜alarm is triggeredā€™ as event.
Under ā€˜taskā€™ your siren entity should be listed in the dropdown menu, and you should choose between turning on or off (note that you will have to create 2 separate actions for on/off or it will always remain on).

As for setting the volume and tone: this is not yet supported from the UI editor (feel free to create a feature request in Github if you would like to see it added). For now you can switch to YAML mode and add the data parameters similar to your current automation, this should give the same results.

If you prefer to keep using the automation you created, also fine. In this case I recommend to trigger on state change of the alarmo entity (to state ā€˜triggeredā€™). An example is provided in the documentation.

@paddy0174

Agreed, but it would divide the automation over 2 places (an action in Alarmo and a script in HA). I think this is the least elegant so I would consider it to be a last resort. Using a native HA automation triggered by the state change of the alarm_control_panel entity which Alarmo creates should work fine.

3 Likes

Very helpful, thank you.

Iā€™m advancing through creating my alarm system with Alarmo. Again, very cool and impressed. Wall panel looks great, very functional.

Iā€™m wondering if it makes sense to have the ā€œrequire codeā€ option be tied to the individual modes. For instance, I use the HOME mode to sort of keep track of when my wife is home, Iā€™m on the rooftop, sheā€™s coming home from shopping. It alerts us to come and greet the guest. For the HOME option, it seems strange to put in a code, adds complexity.

Would it be possible to allow ā€œrequire arm codeā€ to be mode specific rather than global?

Iā€™m trying to edit the YAML directly in Alarmoā€™s editor rather than rely on a HA script when the alarm is triggered. The script works flawlessly in HA ā†’ System ā†’ Scripts, broadcasting to the speakers, ringing the chime and notifying the companion app on my phone.

When I put the script into Alarmo, I get the chime, the notification to phone, but no voice. I do get an error message: must contain at least one of entity_id, device_id, area_id. I suspect thatā€™s because I canā€™t enter anything into the visual editor, and it needs something. The ACTION section with RUN option doesnā€™t even appear.

Hereā€™s the automation:

data:
    volume_level: 0.2
- service: media_player.volume_set
  data_template:
    entity_id:
      - media_player.google_speaker_group_outdoor
    volume_level: 0.5
  data_template:
    entity_id:
      - media_player.google_speaker_indoor_group
    volume_level: 0.3
- service: tts.speak
  data:
    cache: true
    media_player_entity_id:
    message: The front door is opening. The front door is opening.
- service: notify.mobile_app_phone_hf_samsung
  data:
    title: Front Door was opened
    data:
      ttl: 0
      priority: high
- service: notify.mobile_app_phone_cf_samsung
  data:
    data:

New to alarmo but not to HA and MQTT.
Have the latest v1.9.10 with HA 2023.8
Setup is a simple ARM_NIGHT mode with a few door and window sensors.
Now, irrespective of the settings I try on any door sensor, all open doors get automatically bypassed while arming. These can be 1, 2 or even 3. Tried applying window settings to the doors but that did not stop them getting bypassed.

What am I doing wrong?
What am I expecting? Maybe one door or two, with the right settings, allows me to arm the system while being open. Any other open door should not allow the system to arm.

PS: Checking bypass state on the HA Dev tools for states.

Hello, sorry if it have been answered, but donā€™t know what terms I have to use in english: I want that, when night mode is armed, the sensors do not trigger the siren but instead start a countdown of 20 seconds before it sounds; if itā€™s disarmed within that time, the alarm wonā€™t sound; if not, it will. Ideally, being able to send a notification with that countdown to Alexa would be perfect. I donā€™t mean delay in arming the alarm but triggering the siren.

Is it possible?

Yes, go to the alarmo UI in home assistant.
Under General you can click the mode you want to change settings for. In your case, armed night. There define the entry delay to 20 seconds.https://youtu.be/wBxYmLKimFY?t=376

Have you set the configuration for every specific door? You can switch the bypass on and off per sensor. :slight_smile:

Yes, thanks both, now Iā€™ve set them up and achieved a countdown too: instead of making the siren sound, the alarm triggers an automation that sends a tts command to all my speakers with a countdown, waits until it finished and then it makes the alarm sound.

Hi, I am using this fantastic Addon, but I am finding that in my case the maximum second for entry delay (180sec) is not enought for me.
For example. In my case as I open the external portal the entry delay start to count, then I have to park the car, climb a floor, connect to Wifi and disarm the alarmā€¦ so 3 min is to low.

In the GUI I not see how to increase that value.
Is it possible to increase in a configuration file or increase in the GUI using a text box instead a slider?

Thanks

Working through issues with automations being run when Alarmo is triggered. Need to use HA scripts not Alarmo scripting because of needs to adjust speaker volume, etc. So hereā€™s my question.

I have 3 doors. I have a home profile set, and it any of the doors open, it triggers a soft chime through the automation below. More of a signal that someone has come home.

But I donā€™t know how to pass the variable to announce ā€œwhichā€ door is open. So the automation for the time being simply says ā€œFront Door is Openā€. Is there some way I could determine which door, and modify the automation accordingly? Automation is here:

alias: Alarm action in home mode called by Alarmo Triggered
sequence:
    data:
      volume_level: 0.2
    target:
    data_template:
      entity_id:
      volume_level: 0.5
    data_template:
      entity_id:
      volume_level: 0.3
  - service: tts.speak
    data:
      cache: true
      media_player_entity_id:
      message: The front door is opening. The front door is opening.
    target:
      entity_id: tts.piper
  - service: notify.Both_Phones
    data:
      data:
mode: restart