[Custom Component] Flair - Vents, Pucks, Structures, Rooms, IR Units

Either use the tilt position service as you mentioned or use the cover.open_cover_tilt service to open and cover.close_cover_tilt service to close.

Just purchased some vents and installed this integration. Working great so far. Really liking customer service at Flair as well.

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Excellent component, thank you so much for your work.
Question for you, the puck seems to have the ability to integrate with certain thermostats and determine what mode the thermostat is in (heat vs cool). I donā€™t use any of the integratable thermostats, but I would like to be able to manually set the mode via home assistant. Is this possible?

If you donā€™t have any thermostats integrated into Flair itself, do you still have the option of Auto vs Manual mode in the Flair app? Also, for the set point controller, is the flair app the only option available for you (in the Flair app settings)?

Thanks for your reply.

I do still have the option for Manual and Auto. As far as set point, the app and the puck are the only controls. My goal is to use the auto functionality, the setpoint at the puck, and HA to set the cool/heat mode.

So you want Flairā€™s servers to control the vents instead of you manually controlling individual vents with Home Assistant? Just to be upfront: using the Auto function to control vents in a Flair ā€œRoomā€ will only work for Flair rooms have a valid temp sensor (Flair puck, integratabtle thermostat/sensors) associated with said Flair room. If this is your scenario, you can definitely use a thermostat from Home Assistant to send the mode (heat/cool/heat&cool) to Flair.

If you go into the Flair integration, click on the device that is for your Flair structure. There you will see all entities associated for the structure ā€œdeviceā€. One of those is a climate entity:

Changing the mode for this climate entity controls what mode Flair is in (Iā€™m assuming the Flair app still lets you select heat, cool, heat & cool if you donā€™t have a thermostat integrated, correct?). In your case, what youā€™ll want to do is create an automation that uses the mode of your thermostat in Home Assistant and changes the climate entity of the structure to the associated mode.

Perfect, I didnā€™t notice the structure device. Thanks for pointing out what I was missing.

1 Like

When clicking the link on the github article to add the integration, I get the following error.

HAERROR

or when doing it the alternate way, flair doesnā€™t show up in the search.

Iā€™m assuming you have installed the integration via HACS and then restarted Home Assistant after the installation?

Yes I have. also when doing the alternative method searching for Flair returns nothing.

To ensure everything was properly installed, can you go into the /config/custom_components/flair folder and confirm that all files are there:

sorry, Iā€™m new to home assistant. Where would I find that exactly?

the custom_components folder should be located inside of the config directory. The location and how to access it depends on how you installed Home Assistant.

OK i found where to check it.

HAERROR3

I found where to check it, see above screenshot. There is no flair directory as I can not get the integration installed.

OK, I got it installed & configured the manual method. Your questions helped to push me in the right direction.

Glad to hear it worked out!