Custom component goecharger_mqtt - go-eCharger HOMEfix EV charger integration

OK, used correct username and password, but still don’t get anny topics. With the same settings I get the hass.agent working.
Maybe I have a problem with my charger.

Could you take another look into your mosquitto.log and provide some details?

1649002892: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.
1649002907: New connection from 192.168.88.155 on port 1883.
401: Unauthorized1649002907: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.
1649002922: New connection from 192.168.88.155 on port 1883.
1649002922: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.

OK, the charger tries to connect.
155 is the chargers ip

Crazy!
I deleted username and password.
Now it connects to the broker and the integration works.
I dont know what happend now.

At the moment everything is fine. I will continue and wach what happens after the next restart.

So thx to all your help and spending your time at my problem!

1 Like

Thank you for this nice integration. It works great. Please excuse my question, maybe I am missing something, but is there a way to make the „psm“ atribute as a config item in the UI?
Background: I use solar power to charge my ev, and when the output is very low ( < 3500 Watt) I want still to be able to charge from sun energy. But for this I need to switch the charger with an automation from 3 to 1 phase charging (psm). How can this be done with your integration?

Best
Reinhard

The “psm” key is accessible as a switch entity called “force single phase” per default: homeassistant-goecharger-mqtt/switch.py at ec84c36fac25515f29c8dc0b63a7767567582d0a · syssi/homeassistant-goecharger-mqtt · GitHub

thanks for the hint. great work on the integration…

1 Like

Helo how can i check wether my MQTT Broker is connected to HA or not?
If use the 8883 Port instead of 1883 which is not secure. The connection does not work.
The Goe Integration from the Hacs Store seems to work but the enteties are not available

Could you ask the manufacturer about encrypted mqtt connections? If I remember correctly the go-e charger is ESP8266 based and is unable to validate trust chains.

Hello im not able to make it running :frowning:

• i have installed the mosqitto broker in Homeassistant
  • I have installed the goecharger integration via hacs
  • i activated api via mqtt in the charger and filled the adress with the adress fom my homeassistant
    i can see the entities but they are not reachable…

Im sure im made a mistake… or more :wink:

1. Please go to the “integration page” and make sure you can see the “MQTT integration” and the “go-eCharger (MQTT)” integration
  2. Click “Configure” of the “MQTT integration” tile and go to the “Listen to a topic” section. Write “#” into the input field and press “Start listening”. Do you see any traffic here?
  3. If there is silence please don’t stop “listening”. Go to the “Publish a packet” section and use “foo” as “topic” and “bar” as payload. Press “publish”. Do you see the published packet as a received packet at the “listen to a topic” section?
  4. If publishing and listening the MQTT messages work in general you should check the MQTT-URL at the go-e charger android app. The format must look like this: mqtt://username:password@ipaddress:port

As soon the go-e charger is connected to the broker and able to publish messages you should see some traffic (see step 2). If all the steps above are working fine the go-e charger component should work too if the correct serial_number is used. In general the serial_number (the device) is auto-discovered.

Please go to the “integration page” and make sure you can see the “MQTT integration” and the “go-eCharger (MQTT)” integration
:white_check_mark:

Click “Configure” of the “MQTT integration” tile and go to the “Listen to a topic” section. Write “#” into the input field and press “Start listening”. Do you see any traffic here?
NO nothing

If there is silence please don’t stop “listening”. Go to the “Publish a packet” section and use “foo” as “topic” and “bar” as payload. Press “publish”. Do you see the published packet as a received packet at the “listen to a topic” section?
YES that works :
Message 0 received on foo at 20:08
bar

If publishing and listening the MQTT messages work in general you should check the MQTT-URL at the go-e charger android app. The format must look like this: mqtt://username:password@ipaddress:port
thats all what i have done before,the username and password is given from the integragtion at the configuration process? the ipadress is the adress form my HA Server? port is also given from the MQTT Integration?
if i write a # and listen aagain… again silence :slight_smile: But its good that it seems not to be a mistake from me :wink: so far

will try it again :slight_smile: Thanx for your great support and patience :slight_smile:

Please try to connect to your MQTT broker. You could use telnet:

$ telnet 192.168.1.100 1883
Trying 192.168.1.100...
Connected to 192.168.1.100.
Escape character is '^]'.

If you see something like “Connection refused” your broker doesn’t listen on port 1883 or the IP address isn’t correct. If you have access to another linux machine (at your network which is not the Home Assistant host) install the package mosquitto-clients and try the subscribe & publish test using the provided command line tools:

$ apt-get install mosquitto-clients

# First terminal window: Listen to all topics (wildcard: #)
$ mosquitto_sub -v -h 192.168.1.100 -p 1883 -u <MQTT_USER> -P <MQTT_PASSWORD> -t '#'
/go-eCharger/072246/rssi -44
/go-eCharger/072246/utc "2022-05-22T18:39:55.649.423"
/go-eCharger/072246/loc "2022-05-22T20:39:55.653.175 +02:00"
/go-eCharger/072246/rbt 1214492660
/go-eCharger/072246/nrg [221,0,0,16,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
/go-eCharger/072246/fhz 49.935

# second terminal window: Publish "bar" on topic "foo"
mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.100 -p 1883 -u <MQTT_USER> -P <MQTT_PASSWORD> -t 'foo' -m bar

Please post possible error messages.

now it seems to work, I think the Problem was that i had no idea how MQTT really works and the difference between MQTT broker ad on and MQTT integration… I had reinstalled everything new Step by Step reading the “Read me”
The Only thing is the portnumber 1883… The Documentation of the Broker says teh Port is not secure it should be deactivated… What do you think? The Next step should be to find a way to charge with the overflow tof my PV System…
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE and your support

Port 1883 is the MQTT port for plaintext communication. Please don’t expose the port by port forwarding to the internet. The go-e charger is unable to speak encrypted MQTT (AFAIK) so you have no choice.

my homeassistant is not reachable over the Internet, only by using a vpn connection…
the integration works perfekt … thank you for that…
Do you know a automation blueprint or skrippt for charging with Photovolatik overoload?

I have no experience yet. My charger will be installed next week officially and my PV setup is pretty small. Feel free to ping me / create an issue at the github repository if you see room for improvements of the custom component to make PV surplus charging as easy as possible.

my charger is only posting a json with all the values inside - did you do anything special to get everything nicely split in seperate mqtt-topics? (what probably is needed for this component to work :unamused:)

guess that’s one of the differences from APIv1 to v2 … my charger is a v1… :crying_cat_face:

Correct! This is one of the difference between the API versions.

I’m thinking about buying the go-e Charger Gemini flex for charging my car at home and at my parents house and use this integration. My question is if the charger can be connected to two different wifi networks with different SSIDs and passwords, so that i can track the values at either house. Can anyone try this out for me or can confirm the possibility? I don’t think the exact same charger type is necessary for this test since the software is quite similar between all models.

Thanks in advance!