Custom Component: HACS

So getting reminders that 13.3 is latest and I am running 0.14.0b0 still… are you planning on fixing the version issue with the const.py and releasing b2?

Yes

1 Like

Do moderators get the right to to post less than 10 characters?

1 Like

Nope, but comments have markdown support, my comment was really Yes <!-- eventually --> :smile:

6 Likes

I must remember that!!

@ludeeus I have a question. Does HACS require it to be added to HA as a device for some reason? In HA 0.99 there is a new list of devices and in my opinion HACS shouldn’t show up there. It’s a list of physical devices.

I have no clue

I did test. I commented device_info property for sensor https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/blob/33727f021f396d9c24f811d8569381529ba8140c/custom_components/hacs/sensor.py#L83-L90
And now HACS sensor is in “Entities without devices” category in Integrations and HACS doesn’t show up in Devices list. And of course HACS works as usual.

If that’s the case I can not remove it, starting with 0.14 there will be options that are controlled from the HACS entry under integrations

With removed device_info config entry options works (I did test with 0.14b2). Only device info is missing. Sensor entity still have unique_id so entity registry is still supported.

Ahhh, I though you ment that it now would be in a catch all integration, but that does not make sense…
Feel free to make a PR with this against the beta branch :ok_hand:

1 Like

Version 0.14.0 has been released

https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/releases/0.14.0

upgraded to .14 and…

Log Details (ERROR)
Sat Sep 21 2019 12:47:23 GMT+0200 (Ora legale dell’Europa centrale)
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/init.py”, line 210, in recuring_tasks_all
await self.load_known_repositories()
File “/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/init.py”, line 269, in load_known_repositories
blacklist = await self.repo.get_contents(“repositories/blacklist”, “data”)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get_contents’

Also errors here after updating to HASS 0.99 and HACS 0.14:

2019-09-21 12:48:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component hacs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 168, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 77, in async_setup
    await startup_wrapper_for_yaml(Hacs)
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 109, in startup_wrapper_for_yaml
    startup_result = await hacs_startup(hacs)
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 151, in hacs_startup
    if not await load_hacs_repository(hacs):
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 233, in load_hacs_repository
    await hacs().register_repository("custom-components/hacs", "integration")
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/__init__.py", line 131, in register_repository
    await repository.registration()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py", line 81, in registration
    if not await self.validate_repository():
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/integration.py", line 39, in validate_repository
    await self.common_validate()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/repository.py", line 287, in common_validate
    await self.get_releases()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/repositories/repository.py", line 535, in get_releases
    prerelease=False, returnlimit=self.configuration.release_limit
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/configuration.py", line 103, in release_limit
    return self.options.get("release_limit", 5)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

There is a github issue with a workaround available;

2 Likes

I’m using HASS 0.99.1 on docker and i just upgraded my HACS, so far everything is working fine for me. The only thing I had to do, is removed my manual configuration entry from configuration.yaml and used the integration instead.
hacs1

which repo I have to add to my hass.io installation for let me install hacs directly?

None, you use the documentation for HACS.
https://hacs.netlify.com/installation/manual/

1 Like

I dont’ what to install with git… I am sure that some days ago I put a repository in hass.io page and let me to install it with a click… now I did not remember where I find the correct repository name.

it would help to know which component
EDIT: Sorry, the beer! :slightly_smiling_face: