Custom Component: HACS

Where would I find the logs?

in your configuration folder.

1: This is not github.
2: That is not from the upgrade.

I rolled back to before upgrading hacs and then tried again. Same thing.

I checked my configuration folder and there is nothing related to hacs as a file named logs other then home assistant.log. Also the folder “hacs” is gone in the custom_components folder.

Rolling back for now. If there is something I can do to help please let me know.

I have just found myself with exactly the same 500 internal server error after trying to update HACS (it flagged that an update was available). And likewise the hacs folder has disappeared.

I suspect we may have to just reinstall the hacs component.

I’m not able to reproduce this issue, and untill someone can give me the logs during the upgrade (on GitHub) I can not fix it.

unfortunately I restarted HAS after I got the error, which has cleared the logs. There was a python error that i saw, possibly something about not being able to connect to a repository, but I didn’t capture it exactly.

The odd things now is that I am trying to reinstall it (after removing all traces), but it is no longer showing up as an integration I can add.

Missing HACS dir after upgrade

To be able to fix this I need logs.
After you upgrade hacs check if the hacs dir is there, if not get the logs of the update from the Home Assistant log file and post that on GitHub.

If you have already restarted, download a the newest zip folder from the release page to correct the issue.

I opened a defect on github and copied my last logs

Just as a data point, I updated HACS yesterday (from something in the early 15s, I think, I didn’t write it down) to 0.15.11, and everything is working fine - no issues with HACS being deleted.

same here. already updated - no issues

Most of those I have talked with have not had that issue.

This is the current download tracker for the 0.15.11 release:

My guess is that most of them did no have an issue.

@deluxestyle opened an issue at GitHub, which looks like the downloader reaches a timeout, we are looking into it.

I will now 10AM (UTC+2) attempt to move the HACS repository.
ref: https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/issues/724

If you see any issues regarding that I’m mostly reachable @ discord.
in the HA discord or https://discord.io/hacs

1 Like

After about 40 min of testing various things, I think this move was a success.

There are 2 minor graphical issues that will be handled in the next update, both will appear the next time you restart HA.

• You will see 2 HACS repositories in the overview/installed tab.
  • You will see hacs/integration as a custom repository under the settings tab.
7 Likes

I just upgrade to Home Assistant 0.100.3 and HACS 0.15.11. I am seeing two links in the side panel to HACS one for regular and one experimental(I did enable experimental). Neither seem to show anywhere I can see the custom components I have installed. I am currently using the huesensor custom component as an example. Is this normal am I radically missing a design overall and I need to read more?

1 Like

That is explained in the docs https://hacs.xyz/docs/basic/existing_elements

1 Like

Thanks and the side bar?

What about it?

Sorry nevermind I thought it was duplicated but the links are clearly different from within each of the side panel links overview and store versus installed, integrations, plugins, themes, and settings. Guess it was showing what was installed under both links so I was confused

When the experimental UI can fully replace the old one, you will only have one entry, but for now there is a few features missing in it.