Custom Component: HACS

Did a fresh remove-install (remove all, double/triple reboot). Installed via Configuration>Integrations successful.
When I click on the Community icon I get a black screen

Logs shows the following error: https://xyz.duckdns.org/hacs_frontend/main.js?v=0.17.4:28:5 Let/Const redeclaration

Any idea?

I am the only one having this problems?

I did a installation thorugh Integrations, no errors (do I still need to put hacs: in configuration.yaml or not?) the sensor.hacs is created but nothing inside, when I click on community on the left, it shows only HACS, and when I search for component, or plugin or other, the search gives back nothing …

1 Like

I got the same, all my custom components are gone from the HACS integrations tab, search is not working.

@Klagio for heavens sake

1 Like

Forgive me if I’ve missed something that covers this but all the documentation says that HACS will install plugins into /www/community_plugin/ however on my installation everything is installed into www/community/ which means I get errors about plugins not being loaded into lovelace. Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong with my install?

Please point me to where it say that, that is wrong

Hi guys,
my SD card decided to die and now I’m trying to rebuild HA using hassio on a Raspberry Pi4. I’m stuck when trying to install HACS as I was using it to add my shellys on HA.
I’ve created the custom_component directory, pasted hacs directory into it and reboot the HA. After reboot I cannot find HACS in Integration. I’ve tried clearing the cache, used chrome, firefox etc. No luck
I also activated the debug option for logging but I don’t see nothing about HACS.
What else should I try?

Blockquote
core-ssh:~# cd /config/
core-ssh:/config# ls -alh
total 5M
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4.0K Nov 30 21:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.0K Nov 30 20:34 …
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 7 Nov 30 19:52 .HA_VERSION
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Nov 29 08:59 .cloud
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Nov 30 20:50 .storage
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 2 Nov 29 08:59 automations.yaml
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5.5K Nov 30 20:15 configuration.yaml
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4.0K Nov 30 18:58 custom_component
-rwxr–r-- 1 root root 1.6K Nov 30 19:20 customize.yaml
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Nov 29 08:59 deps
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 29 08:59 groups.yaml
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 34.6K Nov 30 20:59 home-assistant.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 4.9M Nov 30 21:00 home-assistant_v2.db
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 29 08:59 scenes.yaml
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 29 08:59 scripts.yaml
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 157 Nov 29 08:59 secrets.yaml
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Nov 30 12:02 tts
core-ssh:/config# cd custom_component/
core-ssh:/config/custom_component# ls -alh
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4.0K Nov 30 18:58 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4.0K Nov 30 21:01 …
drwxrwxrwx 9 root root 4.0K Nov 30 18:58 hacs
core-ssh:/config/custom_component# pwd
/config/custom_component

mv /config/custom_component /config/custom_components

Note the s on the end.

1 Like

Thanks mate, that “s” solved the problem.

1 Like

Just to note, this isn’t right either! :smiley: :joy: You are missing the 'i" in config :joy:

1 Like

I’ve added a new custom component in HACS but I got message

Review required

At least 1 approving review is required by reviewers with write access.

This is not my first custom component that I’ve added. Why this one need to be reviewed and how long it take.

Goddamned android keyboard. Thanks, fixed.

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this?

In HACS git, when I did my pull request to add this custom components to HACS. Auto merge stopped with this message.

Ahhh ok, post an issue there.

There has never been auto merging.
Your PR was added in the wrong repo.

For questions there is a higher chance for a faster reply on the discord server since I monitor that one way more frequently than this thread.

https://hacs.xyz/help

Hi all,

I successfully installed HACS. It´s showing up in Integrations and I can configure it. Sadly it says that there is no devices in it. Also it´s not showing up in the sidepanel. I´m on HA 102.1.

The Translations folder is in the custom components directory.

Any suggestion what to do?

Please, tell me is it possible to include Dasshio within Custom Components.

It says it at the bottom of each plugin page on my installation:

It’s also where plugins are being installed by default on my installation. I havent changed anything and thats where they go when I click “install” from inside HACS.

the install instructions tells you how to reference it within your lovelace configuration.

The files themselves actually get stored in the www/community folder.

Just like the “/www/” folder gets referenced by “/local/” in your code the “/www/community/” folder gets referenced by “/community_plugin/” in your code.

1 Like