Custom Component: HACS

Now that is a good point. Maybe it is themed?

When a restart is needed, I usually get a red panel at the top of the page.

No red panel and not needed a restart as i just did it… but it is always red…

It’s red because your notification color in your theme is red, mine is orange per my theme and I get an orange “?”

So like @nickrout hypothesized, it’s based on your theme.

Hello. I tried to update to latest version from the HACS page and it failed. I downloaded latest version, as I should have only been a version behind. I copied it over the existing files, overwriting what was there. Now, when I open a repository from the HACS list, the font is unreadable unless I highlight it with my mouse. Any ideas?

This will be fixed in the next release.

All the info.md files are screwed up now display wise and images are missing… I assume that is related to that bug?

Missing images, are not relevant to that, missing is missing.

I’ll publish 0.18.1 after work today. around 18-20 UTC

Except they’re not missing. It’s rendering correctly on github…

if the dev are using relative refrence like:

![image](images/image.png)

That works for github, since it’s hosted there, but will not work for HACS, since it does not know about it.

So it always used to work… Even your authenticated integration is showing a blank graphic now

OK I just checked one of mine…

![BOM Forecast Card](https://github.com/DavidFW1960/bom_forecast/blob/5a345db77894855cf4e412b769580fb9728afbf4/bom_forecast.png)

That should be OK but doesn’t display.

That should not work, if you open that URL you are taken to the image in Github, not the image file.

Use this instead https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DavidFW1960/bom_forecast/master/bom_forecast.png

So a recent change in HACS broke this?

I assume if I edit info.md with the new address it won’t come up in HACS unless I do a new release?

It should never have worked (since it’s not a file), so not sure.

Correct, you can however select the “master” version to “preview” your change.

Weird. It’s worked till this release. Thanks.

note that even in the HACS integration in HACS, the graphic isn’t showing

me too. 10 chars.

That is intentional
https://github.com/hacs/integration/pull/847#issuecomment-563373895

Could use some help…back from a vacation, and trying to use HACS to upgrade HACS from version 17.4 to 18.1. Seems to download the repository (I see the files date/time have been updated) and UI says pending a restart, but after a restart. it always comes back saying I’m still running 17.4.
I should add that I don’t see anything particular in the logs that might reveal what is going on.

[UPDATE]
I was able to update to 18.0, then subsequently I could update to 18.1.

I have the same problem 17.4 to 18.1 it goes thru the motions but nothing changes.
can any one help?

sorry im just new to the wohle home assistant thing. I have successfully installed hacs, i see “themes” in the HOME ASSISTANT COMMUNITY STORE but under themes everything is empy.