Custom Component: HACS

@maurizio53

1. Use HACS to install reinstall your component using the HACS tool, it will locate the component in the new community folder.
  2. update the resource entry in your lovelace config
resources:
  - url: /customcards/custom_ui/weather-card.js
    type: module

change to:

resources:
  - type: module
    url: /community_plugin/weather-card/weather-card.js
  1. delete the previous plugins install folder…you can use a file browser if you have Samba set up, or ssh if you have ssh configured.

I did about 20 plugins in less than an hour… no big deal… Good luck!

Ok so i must do it only from the frontend after restarting HA?

What you mean?
Sorry i just read your modified post above… now it’s clearer, but about custom_cardsi have NO folders only names of the cards inside the /www/lovelace/resources/ folder…

HACS will set up the community folder in your www folder. If you do not have www in the config folder you should create it.

HACS will create the www dir to when installing your first plugin if it does not exist :slight_smile:

Even better!

@ludeeus now is there anything I can do about this?

``2019-06-24 22:39:08 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

or is this just the cost of using the tool?

That is something HA warns about for all custom_components, there is nothing I can do about that, and nothing should be done, since that warning is correct :slight_smile:

That’s fine, I only see the custom component entries on boot. Not a big deal. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s clear. Will HACS change also automatically the path inside ui-lovelace.yaml or i must do it manually?

manually

Ok, thanks so i must change all /customcards/ entries into /community_plugin/ before restarting HA?

You only need to change the cards you move to HACS. Not all cards work with HACS yet. :frowning:

I am down to two cards left that I installed manually.

• calender-card
  • thermostat-card

It would be nice to have a release date in the store list, to understand if there is a new version or a new integration/plugin.

Is it possible?

anything* is possible, lay it out here https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/issues/new?template=feature_request.md

1 Like

When a plugin has a new version there is a notification in the store on that plugins card. There is also an automation you can install to get an alert is there is a new version of HACS. I got it somewhere from this thread. My apologies to the author, I’m not sure who shared originally.

- id: 'HACS_Notification'
  alias: HACS Persistent Notification
  trigger:
  - above: '0'
    entity_id: sensor.hacs
    platform: numeric_state
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ not is_state(''sensor.hacs'', ''unknown'') }}'
  action:
  - data:
      title: HACS
    service: persistent_notification.create
1 Like

Please change that to

"{{ not is_state('sensor.hacs', 'unknown') }}"

And that to:
- above: 0

I belive it was @h4nc that posted it

1 Like

Good to know! It’s working for me. I got the alert this last weekend when the last update dropped!

Changes made, thanks for the code correction :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ludeeus - this is really fantastic work. Just migrated from custom-updater to HACS in about 15 minutes with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Seamless. Congratulations on such an excellent project!

1 Like

to prevent making a system halting mistake…:
where do I go after having created a token? how do we add the HACS component to the system.
Must be completely blind but I can’t find instruction in the Github, nor here… sorry

id wager a restart, but would hate it to brake the system if forgotten some next steps.

Read the top of this topic and will find the answer.