Custom Component: Hubitat

Well, I tried bringing down the container and back up. That should do the same, right?

and of course I try it again and it works… ugh…

1 Like

I know, right? It’s been tricky to diagnose that problem because it’s pretty sporadic and I’ve never been able to reproduce it.

Sometimes browser caching seems to cause these ‘intermittent’ problems that magically disappear.

That make sense, but I’m not sure why restarting HA doesn’t seem to help but restarting the entire host does. Maybe it’s just a fluke, and it’s just the number of restarts or time.

1 Like

Another question… I assume since I’m running this in a container I need to open another port mapping for the container and tell this to use that port?

Yes, I believe so. The Hubitat interface library used by integration starts a server to receive messages from Hubitat, so that’s going to need an open port.

1 Like

I recently setup HA and I have my HE setup sending data to HA using this integration. My Qubino thermostat 2 in HE is coming over with just the temperature. I don’t see the Setpoint temperature. HA shows it as a thermostat, but with only actual temps. Is this something on the HA integration or a problem with Maker in HE? TIA.

If possible, try requesting the thermostat’s status using a browser or curl . It’s possible the thermostat is using non-standard properties, or that this integration hasn’t properly implemented something.

I’m limited in my curl knowledge. Used it for a brewfather manual integration a few months back, but it would take me a when to get it going again. I’ll attach some pics to help. One is the view of the Qubino Thermostat 2 in Hubitat displayed in ActionTiles frontend. Also attached is the Maker log activity for the heatingSetpoint (see app:721). Also, see the screenshot of HA where it shows the actual temp but not the heating Setpoint. Hopefully this helps. Thanks.

I can only put one pic in per post, so I’ll add the log entry first and see if I can add other pics afterwards.

Hopefully the screenshots are enough. Let me know if you need more info.

DeconZ stopped working.
Couldn’t get it working for the life of me.
Couldn’t even get ZHA working…

I’m back to a new Hubitat hub…

Hey Keith! Hope you’re doing well.

Are you saying you’re using the Hubitat hub as your Zigbee & Z-Wave radios for Home Assistant? Or moving functionality back to Hubitat? Just curious… :thinking:

Bought a new hub to replace my old broken one because I’ve had it with sticks on HA…
New Hubitat hub is a little slow…

1 Like

So I got the C-7 it seems.
Does anybody have response times I can compare to?
My C-4 was responding to HA requests within a second.
That was Hubitat contact Senator to HA to node red to HA to Hubitat lights, under a second.
The new C-7 I’m getting about 2 seconds for that trip.
I’ve repaired Z-wave, rebooted HA VM.
Disappointed so far…

Talk about a “round trip”. :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sensor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Auto correct.

In general, I’ve found the C7 to be at least as fast as my C3 was. Just now I tried one of my light automations – z-wave door contact to Hubitat to HA to Hubitat to z-wave dimmer was under a second (both to my eye and according to the HA event logs). A couple of my switches sometimes have weird delays. My garage lights usually come on instantly when the side door opens, but occasionally it takes 3 or 4 seconds. I haven’t looked into the actual cause, though.

I did have a heck of a time getting my mesh established with the C7. It was 2-3 weeks of building and rebuilding to try to get everything working well together and to eliminate ghost nodes. In fairness, it was the first time I’d tried to build up a zwave mesh with a lot of devices vs slowly buying and adding devices over time, and I was impatient. :smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to ensure a battery powered z-wave device goes through the right neighbor? Like through an always on dimmer as opposed to directly to the hub if it decided to do that way the first time I paired it?