Custom Component: NeoSmartBlinds Cover

I’m a long time user of this integration. I have noticed that my blinds are greyed out.

When I check the configuration, I get the following error:
Platform error cover.neosmartblinds - Requirements for neosmartblinds not found: [‘requests==2.27.1’].

Does anyone know how to clear this?

Try changing the version in the manifest file to 2.28.1 held under Neosmart directory in custom components.

that did the trick for me, thanks @dormani. I had to comment out my neosmartblinds entries (just an !include covers.yaml line) to be able to restart after changing the version. It wouldnt let me restart otherwise due to a bad config. of course i could have powered it off but im not quite that adventurous. Then I uncommented it and restarted again (no config reload for that?) and everything works. Interesting that this is an issue because the Integration Manifest specifies that custom integrations shouldnt include requirements from the core requirements? No idea, way above my paygrade. https://github.com/home-assistant/core/blob/ea6bb370a64953dbf29db6c9b4fce902e619e2da/requirements.txt

Yep. That fixed it for me as well.

Hi all, I’m in Australia. @Delbz I noticed you use the Neo Smart C-R200 controller.

I approached my blind supplier and he came back with this:

It could be a newer model of the C-R200?

I’m just wanting to confirm this new hub works as it’s $380… I’d hate for the hub not to work with my HA instance.

I’m afraid all I can do is show the “support” page of the app. It looks much like what you posted, but I do have the C-R200 and it still works with HA and this component.

@leetxjd @mtgeekman contacted one of the devs and it has been confirmed that the newer hub uses the same API. I’ll order one and report back in a couple of weeks.

Send an email off to [email protected]. They are the Australian distributor. Dealt with them in the past and found them excellent.

Ok, finally received my hub, I’ve managed to configure my awning in HA.

Is there a way I can reverse the buttons in HA? Up is close and Down is open. And the state is always the reverse of what it actually is.

Is it correct within neo? I suggest that it would be more appropriate to revers this within Neo (which has the option) and that will translate through to HA

That’s great advice, it worked! Thank you so much. I’ve exposed the awning to HomeKit and it works flawlessly.

Summer is approaching in Australia, time to create some automations based on the wind reading and UV index that my Ecowitt weather station measures.

I’ve had a LOT of problems triggering blinds up / down from HA reliably. Everything seemed set up and tested OK but days / weeks would pass and the blinds wouldn’t respond to HA automations.

A reboot of the controller did the trick - for a while - and then the same problem kicked in again. I’ve had two different controllers (the first one just died) and they both exhibited the same problem.

I reported the issue to Louvolite (in the UK) and they’ve confirmed the following: (14th Oct 2022)

We already have an open issue for that problem.

It’s a problem with the TCP port hanging after some random time, usually 1-3 weeks.

The solution depends on some fixes from the Wi-Fi hardware provider we use on the controller.

As soon as that solution is available to us we’re going to implement it. We already see some changes on the supplier code but they were not fully released yet so we couldn’t test them in the field.

Just posting here in case anyone else experiences the same issue.

that’s annoying! If a reboot takes care of it… nothing another automation with a cheapo smart wall adaptor can’t bandaid. set an automation to run every few days to power off and on the outlet.

Hi, my integration was working fine until last week.

I checked that the Neo hub IP had not changed. Nor the ID of the hub has changed.

I’ve restarted my HA instance as well as power cycled the hub.

My HA says opening/closed when I toggle the button but my awning does not move.

When I use the NeoSmartBlinds app the awning works.

Any suggestions? Could it be related to the issue user @martin.dell described?

Thanks

Prince

Hi All,
I’m seeing this problem with my blinds, after the March update, anyone else? Seems like a similar issue was seen before and the fix was to update this value “requirements”: [“requests==2.28.1”]. I am on version 2.2.1.

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:924
First occurred: March 2, 2023 at 5:35:57 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: March 2, 2023 at 5:35:57 PM

Platform error: cover - Requirements for neosmartblinds not found: [‘requests==2.28.1’].

Thanks,

Rob

also found my modified neosmartblinds integration broken this morning. Python is now using 3.11 which, the latest requests version is 2.28.2

bump the requests version to 2.28.2 in the manifest file. When you do that though you may need to Restart system as opposed to ‘Restart Home Assistant’ to force it to ignore the configuration error of 2.28.1 requests.

edit: confirmed ^ fixes the issue.

For future reference, look at HA’s release notes for any mention of them changing Python versions. Then just look up what the latest requests version is for that python version. (requests · PyPI)

That worked, thanks for the info, I did need a full shutdown and restart.

Hi @4n0nD3v3l0p3r

I’m not sure if the latest HA version has deprecated the cover script or neosmartblinds howeversince updating my mushroom buttons arent working… this is my config.yaml file and mannifest.json file… would you know if it requires an update or something stupid I’ve done? … the latter I’m sure!

Fixed…missed the “-” infront of the blind_code… rookie mistake

I am again having an issue with this component after upgrading to the latest HA environment. I assume an adjustment to the request version in the manifest script is again required. Could someone provide me with the latest request version so I can update this as well. Also, where can I source this information myself so I do not have to keep coming back to the forum. Thanks.