cover:
platform: neosmartblinds
name: Blind
host: 192.168.1.177
blind_code: 174.169-01-
close_time: 27.55

any guidance would be great thanks also

update: seems the code is broken needs update of the cover file to new api

Alright so I have 3 smart blinds installed. 2 are top down bottom up and apparently in their app, favorites don’t work for that type of of blind and doesn’t integrate properly with Alexa either. Was hoping to get around it with HA but I don’t think the current integration allows for control of the three rails: 1) top rail 2) bottom rail 3) both rails at the same time

Anyone else have this setup combo?

1 Like

Cards:
Is there any way to get the device in the UI (overview)? I can only see it under configuration > entities. Under settings, it says “This entity does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI.”

Favorite Position:
The blinds will not stop at the favorite position as they would with the RF remote. Also I have tested the HTTP Get method to talk to the Neo Controller and sending that the down or up function, does successfully have the shade stop at the favorite position. What methods are you using to talk to the neo controller?

This is a great custom component. I got it up and running with no problems with my porch sunshades connected via neo box.

I’m going to try and match it with sensors to see if I can get an automation to recognize whether the shade is open or closed.

I finally had the time to integrate this custom component.

However, I am getting the following error message in the logs and the cover entity is not showing up:

“CoverDevice is deprecated, modify NeoSmartBlindsCover to extend CoverEntity”

Anyone else experienced this message?

Using the most recent code from github for NeoSmartBlinds

Home Assistant 0.114.4

yerp, same error
the code author needs to update the core code as per the HA changes to Cover

i just applied this fork instead and its working well, been updated more recently thanks to the person who did it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this same setup – does this system work with it? I’d love to be able to run those blinds using HA.

If I get around to it in the coming days, I’ll try to put a fork into github with the modified file, but in the meantime it’s easy to do yourself; my tweak on mtgeekman’s can be done with a very minor change to his const.py file. By doing so you’ll loose the ability to have tilt/micro controls in HA but gain control of rail 2 in a top down bottom up. Basically you just need to change the mu and md commands to be u2 and d2.

CMD_MICRO_UP = "u2" #rail 2 up control
CMD_MICRO_DOWN = "d2" #rail 2 down control
#CMD_MICRO_UP = "mu" #original micro up/tilt controls (commented out)
#CMD_MICRO_DOWN = "md" #original micro down/tilt controls (commented out)

If you want to get position control of the top rail I used scripts and the rf time integration to “make” a new cover that could be used to allow for estimated positioning based on time.

Then in lovelace I’ve just rebuilt the buttons with the integration multi-entity-row. I’ve pasted my sample entry below.

- entities:
      - icon: 'mdi:arrow-up'
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: cover.open_cover
          service_data:
            entity_id: cover.office_big_blind_time
      - icon: 'mdi:arrow-down'
        tap_action:
          service: cover.close_cover
          service_data:
      - icon: 'mdi:stop'
        tap_action:
          service: cover.stop_cover
          service_data:
      - icon: 'mdi:arrow-up'
        tap_action:
          service: cover.open_cover_tilt
          service_data:
            entity_id: cover.office_big_blind
      - icon: 'mdi:arrow-down'
        tap_action:
          service: cover.close_cover_tilt
          service_data:
            entity_id: cover.office_big_blind
    entity: cover.office_big_blind_time
    name: Big Blind Rail Control
    show_state: false
    type: 'custom:multiple-entity-row'

Awesome! I am VERY new (I got HA installed and started playing with it yesterday) so I’m a nearly complete noob. If you fork this to github (please do!), how would I go about installing it?

Anyone else having trouble with neosmartblinds today? My installation was working without a problem but today in the logs I see:

ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/topics/dependency-resolution/#dealing-with-dependency-conflicts
2022-03-03 12:54:25 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package requests==2.24.0: ERROR: Cannot install requests==2.24.0 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.
ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/topics/dependency-resolution/#dealing-with-dependency-conflicts
2022-03-03 12:54:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: cover - Requirements for neosmartblinds not found: ['requests==2.24.0'].

I’m running the HA docker image on Unraid which did an update yesterday evening - maybe that’s the culprit?

Version	core-2022.3.0
Installation Type	Home Assistant Container
Development	false
Supervisor	false
Docker	true
User	root
Virtual Environment	false
Python Version	3.9.9
Operating System Family	Linux
Operating System Version	5.10.28-Unraid
CPU Architecture	x86_64
Timezone	Europe/London

I’m a HA newbie so I have no idea where to go with this now. I redownloaded neosmartblinds and re-copied it to the custom_components but that made no difference

I’d appreciate any pointers

I had the same issue when I upgraded yesterday to core-2022.3.0. I rolled back the installation to core-2022.2.9 which works fine with the blinds. Will wait until someone far smarter than me comes up with a solution to fix this probllem before I upgrade to latest HA version.

@mtgeekman wondering if you can take a look at this? Suspect it’s tied to the pip version changes listed in the breaking changes for the 2020.3.1 release

yes, you are correct. I have pushed a new version as of this morning. please download it and it should be working after you update the files.

the change was in the manifest.json to bump the “requests” version to 2.27.1 (the current latest)

1 Like

Some weirdness for me this morning - this in the logs.

2022-04-13 06:44:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration ‘neosmartblinds’ does not have a valid version key (2.1h) in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See Custom integration changes | Home Assistant Developer Docs for more details

I re-downloaded / installed Neosmartblinds from here: GitHub - mtgeekman/Home_Assistant_NeoSmartBlinds: Adds NeoSmart Blinds support to Home-Assistant. but no joy. Any ideas please?

My setup

version core-2022.4.3
installation_type Home Assistant Container
dev false
hassio false
docker true
user root
virtualenv false
python_version 3.9.9
os_name Linux
os_version 5.10.28-Unraid
arch x86_64
timezone Europe/London

error message says version of 2.1h isn’t a valid version. Integration Manifest | Home Assistant Developer Docs has more information, and looking at the references for versioning, I don’t think 2.1h would pass. 2.1.8 should work though -or just 2.1 My manifest file from a fork I made still has 1.2.3 which has been working fine since the older breaking change that required a version in the first place.

Thanks - changing it to 1.2.3 did the trick :+1:
I don’t quite understand why the github repo has a wonky manifest.json - or did I screw something up in some other way? Either way - thanks for helping me get my blinds working again
Martin