Last week I upgraded to v0.98 from an older version (<0.82).
On the older HA version, I made a custom component, copied from mqtt/light. It is for a light that is driven by switches as well as a motion sensor and a LED following the light. All devices communicate using MQTT.
The following rules do apply:
- when the light is turned on by a switch, the motion sensor is ignored.
- when the sun is up, the motion sensor is ignored.
- when the sun is down and motion is detected by the motion sensor, the light is switched on for a configured time.
- when light is on by switch, an optional LED must be switched on as well (steady on)
- when light is on by motion detection, an optional LED must be switched on (blinking)
- LED is instructed by a MQTT topic (see example light config below)
As I am not an expert in HA configuration, but used to be a software developer in the past, I decided to write a custom component for this by copying the mqtt/light component and adding the above features.
With the recent improvements in HA (manifest.json, init.py, etc) my custom component does not work anymore.
So, I am wondering whether I should upgrade my custom component or if there is maybe a better way to configure the same functionality with the standard components, automations, etc. In the latter case I will need some advise/help.
Could you put me in the right direction for such a configuration.
An extract of the light config for one of these lights:
- platform: mqtt2 name: 'Voordeur' state_topic: 'k8000/output/38/status' command_topic: 'k8000/output/38/set' optimistic: true motion_topic: 'k8000/analog/201/1' motion_payload_on: '1' motion_payload_off: '0' motion_timeout: 30 led_topic: 'led/42/2/set' led_payload_on: '9' led_payload_off: '0' led_payload_motion: '1' use_sun: true sunset_offset: '-0:10:00' sunrise_offset: '0:00:00' payload_on: 1 payload_off: 0