Custom Component: SkyQ Media Player

I see those errors also doing nothing… they begun to populate my log as i restarted HA after switching to the new integration. Are you using mini media player or media control card?

I am using MMP with all my media players (chromecast, google home, alexa and sonos) and did not see those errors since i switched to your integration.

I’ve just had a quick look and I can’t see any errors pointing towards this new SkyQ component…

I’m just using the standard media-player control card too

If the integration is working but the warnings worry you then I think you have two choices. Stop using MMP - I like it so I didn’t do this. Or hide them in the log which you can do with the following in your config - I did do this:-

logger:
  default: warning # This is what I use, your needs may vary
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.media_player: error

Ok thanks… i’ll try it, but maybe could it be possible to cooperate with @kalkih to solve all ?

@maurizio53 - the problem that can be hidden with the log settings I suggested is warnings with regards ‘media_player_thumbnail’ being deprecated. I’m not sure if that is the error you are referring to.

I’ve just looked at the MMP code and can see at line 202 of model.js it is making that call, so I guess that needs to be changed. Maybe @kalkih can take a look.

If it is your other errors, then please give my code base that was updated overnight a go. It should hopefully give more meaningful errors. If you can post them I will endeavour to take a look.

No promises… I only have my SkyQ/SkyQ Mini to work from and I’m sure there are different variants out there with different software versions on them which work in different ways. I note that the owner of a different version of a SkyQ integration gave up due to content change from Sky.

The only errors i have seen are these:

2020-03-28 19:22:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote]
2020-03-28 19:22:57 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote]
2020-03-28 19:23:08 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote]
2020-03-28 19:23:19 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote]

Tomorrow i’ll try again your code with the logger set as you advice me and let you know…

As I noted The logger settings won’t hide those errors, they are for suppressing the deprecation warnings.

Is it working at all?

Also, did you copy in the whole of the code, including manifest.jso, media_player.py, etc. And then reboot your HA instance?

Yesterday i did all you ask me… tomorrow i’ll try again with the latest code.

I just installed your integration… no more error logs but still cannot see any artwork.

This with media control:

Schermata 2020-03-30 alle 11.03.05

And this with MMP

Schermata 2020-03-30 alle 11.03.22

Any hints?

EDIT: just few minutes later i found this error:

020-03-30 11:06:44 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.skyq.skyq.sky_remote] X0020 - Error occurred: [Errno 110] Operation timed out
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/skyq/skyq/sky_remote.py", line 139, in _callSkyWebSocket
    client.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 217, in connect
    self.sock.connect(self.bind_addr)
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Operation timed out

I think there are two issues here. The artwork maybe to do with the location of the artwork for non-UK, I’ll look at that later.

For the error, it looks like your box isn’t responding to web socket call on port 9006. Can you try this in a terminal session where you can run curl. Change ip as appropriate

curl "http://192.168.x.xx:9006/as/system/status" -H "Connection: Upgrade" -H "Upgrade: websocket" --http0.9

Also

curl "http://192.168.x.xx:49153/description1.xml" -H "User-Agent: SKYPLUS_skyplus"   

Feel free to PM them back to me

Sent a PM right now…

The ‘media_player_thumbnail’ warning is just a deprecated notice, shouldn’t be an issue (for now).
I’ve however updated the card to not use the deprecated API call, will be included in the next release.

1 Like

Cool thanks :blush:

Thanks, your latest release has removed the deprecation warning.

1 Like

Did you updated again your integration?

Nope, no need to, you need to update MMP to remove the deprecation warning

Ok so what i download from your master branch is the latest?

I have been doing updates in my Dev branch. But I don’t believe it will work for you because it uses UK data sources which don’t have Italian channels and logos. This is what I identified via the private conversation we had.