[Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control

Right, i have also disabled autoupdates on all my Devices, Also in the respective phone APPS

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:PSA: Firmware 1.3.9 and newer might cause integration not to work

There has been numerous reports of integration stopping to work on firmwares 1.3.9 and newer. If you wish to continue using this integration, until this issue is resolved, you will need to either:

1. Block internet access of camera and stop using the app temporarily if you are using firmware 1.3.9 and newer (not confirmed working)
  2. Use older firmware than 1.3.9 and factory reset camera (SHOULD work)

Learn more and discuss at ❗❗❗PSA: Firmware 1.3.9 and newer might cause integration not to work · Issue #551 · JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control · GitHub .

1 Like

hmmm, i have 4 C200 and 1 C310 on 1.3.9, working and motion, noise, and recording working

Latest HAOS

Running HTTP on HA, no external access

Cams are not blocked from internet, everything ok in the APP also

So are you saying i should not install 5.4.17PSA
Im on 5.4.17

PS: Works in HA-AP on Android 9 also

In your case you should stop using the official app and block camera from internet otherwise it might stop working. Nothing to do with integration the new ‘version’ is not really a new version just a way how to contact all users of the integration about this.

1 Like

ok, but i blocked autoupdates on my cams and tapo app since long (1.3.6), so only update manually

Just reinstalled C310 2 days ago, after moving it, from my test-unit, so i did add it to the tapo-app with no issues, hmmm ( Getting noise, motion notifications etc also )

Ok, Thanks alot for the Warnings, however im honestly sometimes a huge risktaker, so i’ll wait for symptoms :smile:

:+1:

That does not matter. There are users on 1.3.9 affected. To be completely safe and to prevent this from happening you will need to block the internet completely and stop using the official app as it might push the update anyways as users reported this.

1 Like

Ok, i’ll obey You :slight_smile: , … beside 1 cam … just to see what happens :crazy_face: Thanks again

PS: After reading on Tapo community/support online, i took the last one offline aswell :wink:
Seems like quite some people got their C200 bricked, Tapo’s Answer !

"
@Carlos_Graniel following the troubleshooting here: What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update? - Smart Home Community, if the tips do not work, you can buy a new camera.
"
@Tangindian it seems the camera is faulty, you may buy a new one if it’s not under warranty…
"
2 weeks ago and last week, both C200 & C310 bricked at autoupdate
And this were not the only ones !
Im shocked " GO BUY A NEW " Seems like an absurd standard answer, is this a late aprils joke from Tapo’s side ?

FYI, all 7 of my cameras are now running 1.3.11 with no issues at all :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Which Cams ? , which HW Versions ?

It will affect you soon unless there is an update to integration by then or you do 1 of the 2 available solutions. I am also not affected unfortunately so I cannot work on this at all.

1 Like

I have 6 x TC60 running Firmware: 1.3.11 Build 231121 Rel.39414n(4555)

and 1 x TC70 all running Firmware: 1.3.11 Build 231121 Rel.39429n(4555).

Ok, i just wondered because i have
4xC200 Firmware: 1.3.9 Build 231019 Rel.37378n(4555) & HW v.1
2xC310 Firmware: 1.3.9 Build 231024 Rel.73362n(4555) & HW v.1

And seems like there are up-to HW v3 for atleast C200 , wondered if the HW was a common “factor” for the People who experience this issue

PS: Yesterday ( Prior to Juraj’s advice ) i search for software updates in the Tapo App, but only got hit’s for 3 switches.

Which made me curious about People saying they have 1.3.11/13 for these Devices. ( And ofcause related this to “maybe” they have HW V2 / V3 )

PS: @JurajNyiri , Turned out i had 1 C200 on FW1.3.6, when checking in HA
So i was " bold " and opened the Tapo-App ( Yes they are maked as “Block Internet Access” in my Router )

However, when i clicked on that Cam, and settings/firmware-update, where i was "offered "
Firmware: 1.3.9 Build 231019 Rel.37378n(4555)

No i have not clicked Update … Yet :slight_smile:

PS: I also have an “older” C310 ( HW1 ) unpacked, so i Wonder if it would be of any Help, if i unpacked it, plug it in add in the App (Will ofcause imply that it will update FW automatic) , then try to add it HA ?

anyone facing this kind of issue?
This is driving me crazy since it’s totally randome, i also put a delay of 15 seconds before every “move to target” but it’s the same and i go on, randomly, to get this error

Error while executing automation automation.{...}: Option {...} is not valid for entity {...}, valid options are:

so it seems it can’t get the list of valid options… any clue?
thanks

Any help with homekit.
I added my Taco C125 directly to homekit and via the integration in HA to be able to further enhance privacy mode. Now in Homekit it shows 2 switches. Entity Alarm Start and Alarm stop. In homekit Bridge I can see the items listed but they are not checked. In Homekit it however says the accesories have Homebridge as bridge.
Since the entity’s have no use I want them out of Homekit. But can’t seem to do so.
Any ideas?

Try a Homekit integration Topic, use the search function, and read

This is a Topic for [Custom Component] Tapo: Cameras Control
Just like the Header says ! Custom Integration

Not Homekit Nor Homekit Bridge

1 Like

Check this here and consider providing logs to fix this.

damn, that’s exacltly my issue, sorry for not finding it out by myself.
However, it is not needed to re-install the cameras, i’m just restarting HA and presets are back where they should be.
i’ll try to get the logs… thanks!

1. it seems the error “has a preference”, i mean i have 3 C210 cams and commonly the error is sourcing from one of them (it seems always the same)
  2. i just restarted HA - with all the C210 in privacy mode - and i got this error:
Registratore: homeassistant.config_entries
Fonte: config_entries.py:551
Prima occorrenza: 10:55:58 (10 occorrenze)
Ultima registrazione: 10:55:58

Error setting up entry livingcam.lan for select
Error setting up entry livingcam.lan for siren
Error setting up entry livingcam.lan for update
Error setting up entry livingcam.lan for binary_sensor
Error setting up entry livingcam.lan for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 551, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 470, in async_setup_entry
    return await component.async_setup_entry(entry)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 187, in async_setup_entry
    raise ValueError("Config entry has already been setup!")
ValueError: Config entry has already been setup!

After this, if i take the cam out of privacy mode, there is no preset list.
If i take one of the other cams out of privacy mode, the presets show up.

I’ll debut this further…

Hi, I have the new C425 camera, i can see all the info and controls work fine, But no stream (sensors) the older C212 are ok.

Not sure why

@JurajNyiri PR?

Just got this in my log and I didn’t see it on the github PR’s but I may be blind.

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: components/light/__init__.py:1272
integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:45:03 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:45:03 AM

None (<class 'custom_components.tapo_control.light.TapoWhitelight'>) does not set supported color modes, this will stop working in Home Assistant Core 2025.3, please create a bug report at https://github.com/JurajNyiri/HomeAssistant-Tapo-Control/issues