[Custom Component] Tapo P100 Plug Control

Hey. So, how now you can configure multiple plugs?
I’ve tried methods described before but no luck with wrong credentials error
But with only single config from your message all works.

switch: 
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.50.65
    email: mail
    password: pass
  - platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.50.222
    email: mail
    password: pass

that one not working
UPDATE:
Looks like it is working, but you need to switch plugs in upp while loading and setting up
But there is really huge switching lag :frowning: Connection constantly lost, cant switch normally, i do not want to buy another six xiaomi plugs inistead of tapo :(((
After resetting HA all plugs are lost.
So as it seems both versions, tapo_p100_control and tapo_controller cant properly hold connect now. From first side - invalid credentials error, from second side - error fetching tapo data.
HA v. 2021.9.7

So I add https://github.com/petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100/commits?author=petretiandrea) by HACS . added the Sockets in the integration added the device in lovelace. I can control the device from lovelace or via the developer tool, but when I come to create an Automation or script they dont appear in the list of devices. any ideas ?

A new version is available, 1.2.0.

Changelog:

• support for P110 energy monitoring
  • allow adding entity from configuration.yaml, domain supported: switch, light, sensor

Also, in the README file there is a new video that show steps to install integration correctly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks heaps Pedro , everyone must watch the youtube clip , to under this :slight_smile:

Ps remember to use your Tapo account username and pwd at the connection stage

hey dude,

i’ve installed the integration and have managed to add my two p100 switches perfectly.

i have one p110 that works in the app but when i add it (using the same credentials as the p100 switches) i get an ‘invalid authentication’ error.

any ideas what i can try please? All the switches are setup in the app and working there under the same account.

Hey everyone! Just used Pedro’s integration and works great! To anyone wondering (i got stuck on it for some minutes), once you’re trying to add the device on integrations, here’s a tip on the info you have to add:
Host: the IP address of your switch (you can find it on tapo app)
user: what worked for me was my whole email (I wasnt sure if it was either the email or the username you can choose on the app. In the end the email did the trick)
Password: the password for the tapo app (and just re-confirming what Pedro said, it worked for a password longer than 8 characters).

Thanks for a great job on this integration!

pls can i bump?

I’m also keen to understand what dependencies this has on the TP-Link cloud. From local testing it seems that P100 switches can be controlled when there is no internet connection, but I guess any change of config (e.g. login credentials) would require the TP-Link app and/or cloud?

Hi all, I am unable to see Tapo Controller when I go to set up a new integration. I can see the item in HACS. any ideas? running HA Core with 2021.11.5

i have a l900 led strip and a l530e bulb. my ha only finds the led strip and i can only turn it off, not on

Hey james! May I ask how you got two plugs working? At the moment I only seem to be able to get one working… If anyone else could be of any help, greatly appriciated! HA Noob here :wink:

Hey, so using the latest integration, i have just added three switches, each time using the IP of the switch and the same email/password combination.

I have assigned the switches static IPs in my network.

I have four Tapo P100s, and have had all four working well with Home Assistant Core (v2021.10.3) for a few months, thanks to this excellent component.
Yesterday however, two of the four plugs became inaccessible to HA - there’s an “Entity Not Available” message alongside them on my Lovelace dashboard. The other two are still accessible. Both of the problem plugs are still accessible and controllable by the Tapo app on my phone, and their IP addresses remain correct (i.e. the same as those referenced in my configuration.yaml).
I’ve tried restarting HA twice, and also restarting the router, but the same two plugs remain unavailable.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Edit: I’ve just noticed that the P100s that are still working are running firmware v1.3.4, whereas the two that have dropped offline (from HA) are running v1.4.9.
???

I am now getting the same issue, thought I’ll try and remove and then add it but I get a “unexpected error” when trying to add it back in.

Checked the firmware and the troublesome one is 1.4.9

My others on 1.2.10 are working fine.

I am on 2021.12.2

I’ve just unplugged both of the problem Tapos and plugged them back in after a few minutes, then restarted HA. They are now both back online. So hopefully that means there isn’t a serious problem with the 1.4.9 firmware

That’s good to hear, I will try that after work. Hopefully will let me re-add it though!

I am using a Tapo P110 switch because I wanted to use the energy monitor.
It is working great (on/off) but there are no energy monitoring!

What I am doing wrong ?

TAPO Conroller v1.2.1
HA 2021.12.3

Everytime I start my HA I get this error for tapo:

021-12-27 11:07:11 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.tapo.common_setup] Error fetching tapo data

is there a solution for it? The switches seem to be working fine despite this error. Thank you

Hey, just setting up HA for the first time and I’ve got one bulb left that won’t play ball – a L530.

I’ve got HA running on a fresh Raspberry Pi install using the [ Install Home Assistant Operating System instructions.

I’ve used the SSH add-on to clone the Github repository and move the correct directory so that I end up with the files in /config/custom_components/tapo_p100_control/ and everything is set to 777 with chmod as some overkill. My configuration.yaml looks like this:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

light:
    platform: tapo_p100_control
    ip_address: 192.168.1.125
    email: [REDACTED]
    password: [REDACTED]

I’m seeing nothing in logs, or in devices. I’m sure I’ve made a rookie mistake somewhere, but I’m lost as to where. Help massively appreciated, thanks!

I suggest you to install it from HACS Store and try again. (btw the ip address must be set as static from your router or DHCP server)

1 Like