[Custom Component] Tapo P100 Plug Control

For that kind of thing, check out: https://github.com/basnijholt/adaptive-lighting

I just updated to the latest HA Core release, but it broke the functionality of my P100s, giving me the error in my log:

Unable to install package PyP100==0.0.11

Rolling back to the previous version got things working again.

Anyone else find this? Any way of fixing this please?

Further info from the log:

Logger: homeassistant.util.package
Source: util/package.py:99
First occurred: 4:36:57 pm (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:37:16 pm

Unable to install package PyP100==0.0.11: ERROR: Cannot install pyp100==0.0.11 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies. ERROR: ResolutionImpossible: for help visit Dependency Resolution - pip documentation v22.1.dev0

Iā€™m on latest HA version, all HACS updated and I donā€™t have that issue.

Weird. I now see that others have reported the same issue over at GitHub:

Sorry, I canā€™t help you, this is not my integration. PyP100 is used by fishbigger integration.

Ah, ok. I didnā€™t realise there was a different one. I will try that instead. Thanks.

Hello,
I have just moved to your tapo controller today, Iā€™ve got all my p100 plugs working ok by adding them with the UI

But I can only seem to add one plug if I use the configuration.yaml method

the first one defined seems to work perfectly but any subsequent ones throw errors of duplicate platform, username, password etc

what is the format that should be used for adding more than one plug using the configuration.yaml file

thanks again for producing this integration

Have you try in this way?

switch:
  platform: tapo
  host: host1
  username: username1
  password: password1

switch:
  platform: tapo
  host: host2
  username: username2
  password: password2

Where host1 is the ip of first tapo device and host2 of the second one (same for username and password)

No I havenā€™t I only had the switch: line in once as thatā€™s how it was configured in the other similar integration.

Iā€™ll try out your suggestion tomorrow

Thanks for the info

Hi,
after upgrading HA to 2022.3.0 my Tapo P100 Plug Control broke down. Iā€™m using HA in a docker in Synology NAS, Tapo from HACS v1.2.9. Logs:

Logger: homeassistant.util.package
Source: util/package.py:99
First occurred: 09:15:56 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:17:05

Unable to install package plugp100==2.1.13b1: error: subprocess-exited-with-error Ɨ python setup.py bdist_wheel did not run successfully. ā”‚ exit code: 1 ā•°ā”€> [30 lines of output] Testing support for clang Target does not support clang Testing support for gcc Target does not support gcc Testing support for stdint.h header Target does not support stdint.h header Testing support for 128-bit integer Target does not support 128-bit integer Testing support for cpuid.h header Target does not support cpuid.h header Testing support for intrin.h header Target does not support intrin.h header Testing support for posix_memalign Target does not support posix_memalign Testing support for memalign Target does not support memalign Testing support for SSE2(intrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(intrin.h) Testing support for SSE2(x86intrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(x86intrin.h) Testing support for SSE2(emmintrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(emmintrin.h) Warning: compiler does not support AESNI instructions Warning: compiler does not support CLMUL instructions running bdist_wheel running build running build_py running build_ext building 'Crypto.Hash._MD2' extension error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory [end of output] note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. ERROR: Failed building wheel for pycryptodome error: subprocess-exited-with-error Ɨ Running setup.py install for pycryptodome did not run successfully. ā”‚ exit code: 1 ā•°ā”€> [32 lines of output] Testing support for clang Target does not support clang Testing support for gcc Target does not support gcc Testing support for stdint.h header Target does not support stdint.h header Testing support for 128-bit integer Target does not support 128-bit integer Testing support for cpuid.h header Target does not support cpuid.h header Testing support for intrin.h header Target does not support intrin.h header Testing support for posix_memalign Target does not support posix_memalign Testing support for memalign Target does not support memalign Testing support for SSE2(intrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(intrin.h) Testing support for SSE2(x86intrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(x86intrin.h) Testing support for SSE2(emmintrin.h) Target does not support SSE2(emmintrin.h) Warning: compiler does not support AESNI instructions Warning: compiler does not support CLMUL instructions running install /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/setuptools/command/install.py:34: SetuptoolsDeprecationWarning: setup.py install is deprecated. Use build and pip and other standards-based tools. warnings.warn( running build running build_py running build_ext building 'Crypto.Hash._MD2' extension error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory [end of output] note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. WARNING: No metadata found in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages error: legacy-install-failure Ɨ Encountered error while trying to install package. ā•°ā”€> pycryptodome note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip. hint: See above for output from the failure. WARNING: You are using pip version 22.0.3; however, version 22.0.4 is available. You should consider upgrading via the '/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:162
First occurred: 09:17:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:17:05

Setup failed for custom integration tapo: Requirements for tapo not found: ['plugp100==2.1.13b1'].

Can you open this issue on github? So I can track better. Anyway, what is your os and cpu architecture?

Issue opened. Informations about my environment:

CPU: INTEL Celeron J3355 x64
TapoP100: v1.2.9
HACS: 1.23.0
|Version|core-2022.3.0
|Installation Type|Home Assistant Container|
|Development|false|
|Supervisor|false|
|Docker|true|
|User|root|
|Virtual Environment|false|
|Python Version|3.9.9|
|Operating System Family|Linux|
|Operating System Version|4.4.180+|
|CPU Architecture|x86_64|

Try to install build-essential from linux which include c compiler. Also install python-dev and retry to install integration

Hi @pedro96 - i recently upgraded my installation to the latest version of HA. The three plugs i had worked before are now showing as ā€˜Not Loadedā€™.

Other than turning it off and on which iā€™ve tried, any idea where i should troubleshoot please?

Thanks!

PS: the following error log readsā€¦

• Setup failed for custom integration tapo: Requirements for tapo not found: [ā€˜plugp100==2.1.10b1ā€™].

Which version are you running of my integration? Please install the latest one, which is 1.2.9. The version you are using based on plugp100==2.1.10b1 is a very old implementation.

1 Like

thanks, i had manually installed the integration before. will finally get round to setting up HACS and resetup that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @pedro96 - back in business thanks very much as ever for maintaining the code :slight_smile:

quick one, is there a way to see the IP iā€™ve configured each controller from the UI once it is setup?

No, actually, there is no way. The only one is to add a ā€œspecial sensorā€ like overheat and wifi_signal to report the IP. If you are interested, please open an issue for this new feature on GitHub.

EDIT: Anyway, there is a new version 1.2.10 which add a beta support for L920 led strips.

Iā€™ve just upgraded my HA Core from 2021.12 to 2022.4.3 and my Tapo P100 devices are no longer working. I tried downloading the latest custom control files from github today (and rebooting HA) but it doesnā€™t help.

I found these entries in the HA log:

2022-04-14 14:58:11 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] Error parsing manifest.json file at /config/custom_components/tapo_p100_control/manifest.json: Expecting value: line 7 column 1 (char 6)
2022-04-14 14:58:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: switch - Integration 'tapo_p100_control' not found.

Any idea how I can fix this?