Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

Hi,
i’m still not understanding why my card is not showing up at all

any advice?

Does your sensor data show up in Dev -> States?

Yes I can see the value correctly in the dev console

Do you have:

frontend:
  javascript_version: latest

in your config?

Don’t know if it helps, but give it a try.

i’ll try it, at the moment i have the “7.1” as mentioned in the git page

Based on what you have posted, the line in the code you are getting the error on is 96. Line 96 defines the Daytime High value.

In your configuration you have defined Alt_Daytime_high as sensor.dark_sky_alt_daytime_high

alt_daytime_high: sensor.dark_sky_alt_daytime_high

That is a template sensor so it is likely that there is an issue with your template definition.

To test this, remove the line above from your configuration. It will then use the standard daytime high value and not the template.

You can also check to see what the value of sensor.dark_sky_alt_daytime_high is in the states dev panel. If it is not in the list or is shown as undefined, then the issue is with the template definition.

you are right, the “alt_…” entity in ui-lovelace cause the error, without them it works like a charm.

by the way, how can i change the languages of this text? i have already changed the locale: it

According to the docs, you should be able to add the language to the sensor in your configuration.yaml.

Now i have the same issue with is undefined, but my forecast is defined…

2019-04-22 13:37:31 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201903310] https://DOMAINREMOVED/local/custom_ui/dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=7.1:47:1 TypeError: this.hass.states[daily.condition] is undefined

Is it possible to just show this part of the custom weather card?

I know nothing about javascript and creating a custom card. Hoping somebody can feed me something. :slight_smile:

change JS version actually fixed my issue same like Alex_Yeoman. Thanks!

I upgraded to 0.92 and it broke the card. Here is what I see in the console. Any ideas?

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property ‘state’ of undefined
at HTMLElement.slotValue (dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=7.1:96)
at HTMLElement.getSlot (dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=7.1:78)
at HTMLElement.render (dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=7.1:41)
at HTMLElement.update (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement.performUpdate (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2)
at HTMLElement._enqueueUpdate (app.7ac4ac3c.js:2

EDIT Ah was missing the d on the end of the lovelace entries. Guess I hadn’t updated in a while and mised the breaking change. All good.

Is there an upgrade for the card?

Why would there be? It’s not broken. It’s not a custom component.

Hello,

I’ve try used this custom component and read the github, i’ve done all but when try add the card i’ve this:

Not appear a card on add card.
What’s the problem?
Ha 0.92.0

thank you.

What’s the different between this card and https://github.com/bramkragten/custom-ui/tree/master/weather-card

This one uses Darksky Sensor, not weather.

Is it possible that there is a memory leak surrounding the animated icons?

I have a wall-mounted tablet showing the frontend and after a couple of hours the app showing the frontend becomes slower and slower before eventually crashing.
this happens only if the animated weather icons are displayed. I’ve now switched to the static icons and the problem went away.

More likely a leak in your browser or OS rendering the svg files. All Home Assistant does is serve up the file. Home Assistant does not care about the format of the file.
If the icons were formatted incorrectly that would be an amcharts issue since they produced the icons. Perhaps they will refund your money :wink:

You’re probably right. The tablet is an older fire hd with Android 5 and the latest chrome / web view version installed. Strange that this is not sufficient for a little animation.