Custom Dark Sky Animated Weather Card

I know Chrome on Windows regularly crashes. Try a different browser?

It never crashes for meā€¦ Maybe once in a blue moon but regularly? Nah. Itā€™s very stable.

I leave my laptop at work running Chrome steadily for weeks. It tends to crash saying it cannot load one of its tabs.

Thank You for the hardwork, pardon my english. but i literaly confirm that this card work beautifully on HASS.IO 0.92,

but keep in mind that you need to change version in tutorial from v=7.1 to 0.10.2

and remove

entity_sun: sun.sun

Why remove the sun entity?
I use the sun position in some of my automations.

hello. could someone give me a config that works ? ( dark-sky-weather-card.js, resources: ā€¦ and also type: ā€˜custom:dark-sky-weather-cardā€™ā€¦). Please !!!

I have many errors.

Access to script at ā€˜https://unpkg-gcp.firebaseapp.com/@polymer/[email protected]/lit-element.js?moduleā€™ from origin ā€˜https://XXXXX.duckdns.orgā€™ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ā€˜Access-Control-Allow-Originā€™ header is present on the requested resource.

GET https://unpkg-gcp.firebaseapp.com/@polymer/[email protected]/lit-element.js?module net::ERR_FAILED

chunk.8f80aa4ea23e0d6db1bf.js:6112 Uncaught (in promise) /local/custom_ui/dark-sky-weather-card.js?v=0.10.2

It works now. I didnā€™t make any change. Thatā€™s strange.

I made this change a few weeks ago so my forecasts would start with the current day instead of tomorrow. Stupid me didnā€™t also change my card configuration from _1d to _0d so Iā€™ve been looking at the wrong forecast every day lol. Was thinking DarkSky had gotten terribly inaccurate. Argggh. Pebcac strikes again!

1 Like

Hi all, and many thanks, the card works very well.
Only a small glitch: the sunrise and sunset icons are switchedā€¦
The next sunset time is shown correctly, but with the sunrise icon, and the next sunrise time is shown correctly, but with the sunset icon.
I looked in my files for a very possible mistake, but I was not able to find where the error is.
Many thanks again!!

The one on the left is always the next event. That is why they switch.

My icons seem correct to me.

Yes, on the left the sunset time is shown correctly (itā€™s the next event), but with the sunrise icon.

1 Like

After a refresh the icons went OK.
Cache problems, I guess.

1 Like

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole tinkering with this card. I love the card and thought it would be a good one to play around with to learn more about how they work and how much we can customize them (an awful lot apparently :slightly_smiling_face: ) .

I havenā€™t played with themes yet (another rabbit hole?), but Iā€™m liking what I was able to do to suit my needs. (sped up for the demo - usually I leave it on each view for about 20 sec - but it can be changed in the card config).

Any suggestions to make it better? I am very new to this so Iā€™m happy to receive feedback.

Hi
Can anybody describe how setup weather to show weather for next day and play change to show also for near hoursā€¦?

Those were the main changes that I made - the card usually canā€™t be set up to do it.
If you give me a couple of days I will clean up my code and post it so you can try it/modify it if you are looking for something similar.

You need to know some JavaScript though. This forum is not a Help Desk.

Ok I am waiting for your code

It was my fault that @pepeEL was asking. I wasnā€™t clear in my first post that the changes that I made to the card were to show the different views (daily to short term to hourly). They likely just thought that was standard and I was showing something else.

1 Like