Custom Header

Login and be sure to hit the “remember login” button on the bottom right. Then you’ll be able to add ?disable_ch without it logging you out. If you don’t hit “remember me” (or however it’s worded) then every page refresh will just go to the login screen.

Then checkout how to add per user config via exceptions.

1 Like

@mayker - sure enough, that worked. Thanks so much for the quick response and the exceptions docs link - I’m looking forward to experimenting more with this plugin!

1 Like

@mayker, i will try to insert as new features on Github.
Many thanks for your time!

Hi there, getting my head around all this so it might be a stupid question but here we go. I tried the kiosk mode but I can get out of that mode what is it that I don’t see? thanks

First 2 important notes listed here. In short, add ?disable_ch to the end of your URL.

I get this question once a week or more. Every option that removes functionality, like kiosk mode, has a warning sign next to it in the readme and in the editor. The editor has a large warning at the top explaining what to do and the important notes in the readme include this info as well.

I’m not saying all this to chastise, I am asking how I can make this more clear for users. Is there anything I can do to make this more apparent?

2 Likes

Thank you for the fast reply and help. I was to fast with NOT reading. Learned my lesson I hope. And sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

@Mayker

There is absolutely no possibility i can have the vertical scroller header + the menu and home button in 1 line? (so compact mode, cause i have plenty of space for it)
Splitting up of using no compact mode gives me too much empty space

gratis afbeeldingen

I would actually want the vertical scroller to the left, and the menu and house button to the right

Then on other pages , instead of the vertical scroller, the title of the view

Turning the header into a sidebar is often requested and there is a feature request for this on the github. Not sure if it’s something I’ll work on, but it is on my radar.

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood. No, not currently. You might be able to get a similar effect by using the vertical scroller as button text for the menu button instead of header text and turning compact mode on, but you would probably also need to add some custom css to those elements as well.

Will try that out thx

Actually I think I’ve got it after reading the explanation on the web site https://maykar.github.io/custom-header/#configuration/exceptions :slight_smile:

Didn’t really know what to look for initially. Anyway thanks for reading

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I have installed the plugin & using ‘disable headers’ along with other parameters.
What I would like to have is one configuration on my home web browser & a different one on an iPad. So far I have created two different users (user1 - user2) where user1 is for the browser & user2 the iPad.

I do not use ui-lovelace.yaml & have realised that I will need to use the raw configuration which is fine. My issue is that I do not know the syntax to add to the raw config so that I have disabled headers with a different landing page for both users?

Cheers for reading

The resources should look like this:

resources:
  - type: module
    url: /hacsfiles/custom-header/custom-header.js
1 Like

Thank you!

When I click on OPEN PLUGIN within plugins (under HACS), it just goes to a page of text. It’s linking to ->HAipaddress/hacsfiles/custom-header/custom-header.js. Is there a fix for this?

Also, where can I find the button text demo option? I don’t see it within the Lovelace configurator.

Fix for what?

The “open plugin” button in HACS just opens the plugin file, so it’s working as expected when it just shows you the code.

I would suggest reading through the readme. As mentioned in the configuration section, after installing CH you will have a new option in the menu on the top right called “Custom Header”. This will be how you edit it’s config, you can modify advanced options by using HA’s “raw config editor”.

The demo is just that, a demo gif of what you can do with CH. You would have to build something with templates and input booleans to do something similar.

Hi, I’m hoping this is really simple but is anyone able to let me know how i can change the blue sliver shown in the below photo? Basically its the IOS app which I’ve changed to dark theme but this blue bit hasnt changed?

That’s a shame, thanks for the reply!

Hi All,
Currently testing Custom Header 1.3.2
I feel a bit stupid… but… haven’t found the answer yet…
Once the header disabled… How can I enable it again ? No more access to the lovelace custom UI menu as it is part of the header… Thx

Handful of posts up: