Custom Header

HI I’ve just migrated from hassbian to hass.io and decided to change at the same time from CCH to CH. Now, as I’ve got a new hass.io install I’m on 0.107.1. I installed HACS and also CH without issues but I couldn’t understand why I didn’t get CH to work. So now reading here, please can you confirm, it is just that latest CH version does not work yet on 0.107?. If this is my issue, then perfect, I’ll just wait for the new version, thanks.

That is correct. He’s currently working on a fix for it.

1 Like

We can only appreciate what @mayker does for us. Once again merci!

2 Likes

Great! , thanks for confirming!

I agree 100%!!

I’m on the latest version of HA and CH is working perfectly fine for me, at least for the original dashboard. I didn’t notice anything that broke with the update. Am I missing something?

I’m trying to migrate from CCH to CH. I don’t seem to be able to uninstall CCH from HACS. It just spins when I click the Uninstall link on the right. I have removed the resource from the UI under configuration, Lovelace Dashboards

CH is installed, but I have a large gap between the header (in compact mode) and the badges. Also cannot seem to suddenly edit with the raw configuration editor, however I don’t have any of the buttons enabled that show they would remove that ability. For a brief time after installing CH, I could edit raw config, but after refreshing, I’ve lost the ability. Any ideas?

Looking in file editor I see I still have both CCH and CH showing under /www/community.
Should I just delete the CCH entry? Seems they are conflicting with one another since I can’t remove CCH from HACS UI

Clear your browsers cache and reload as I imagine this is just a caching issue, but you can manually delete the files for compact custom header in your www folder. Make sure that no mention of CCH is in your lovelace dashboards resources or in your lovelace raw config. If you need to you can always add ?disable_cch and ?disable_ch to your url

I am running latest version (1.3.2) and have weird UI behavior on my phone (Android). And that is happening before 0.107 HA release.

• Enable full UI mode ( disabled_mode: '{{ states.input_boolean.ha_ui.state == "on" }}' )
  • All the tabs appear
  • When I touch the tab that was hidden before then it appears for a sec and focus comes to first tab.

How do I fix this issue? How can I get addl information related to plug-in from the phone?

Known issue, https://github.com/maykar/custom-header/issues/126. Will be fixed in next release.

1 Like

In the main time, hass version 107.6… Going fast :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

HI,

I have a problem with the CH. I made a floorplan card with conditions - 1st floor and second floor. The views are changed with a button.

title: Floorplan
path: floorplan
panel: true
icon: mdi:floor-plan
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - type: conditional
        conditions:
          - entity: input_select.floorplan_floor
            state: "1 Piętro"
        card: !include _floorplan_first_floor.yaml

- type: conditional
        conditions:
          - entity: input_select.floorplan_floor
            state: "2 Piętror"
        card: !include _floorplan_second_floor.yaml

the _floorplan_first_floor.yaml and _floorplan_second_floor.yaml yaml looks like this.

type: picture-elements
image: /local/floorplan/first_floor_lights_on.png
elements:

# Lighting Overlays...

# Light Toggles...

# Floor Toggle
  - type: service-button
    title: 2 Piętro
    service: input_select.select_next
    service_data:
      entity_id: input_select.floorplan_floor
    style:
      top: 15%
      left: 5%
      background: "#eaeaea"
      border-radius: 5%

The problem is when I turn the custom header ON. The toggling beetwen the floors doesnt work. When i toggle to another floor with the button - the empty page appears and i need to refresh the page to make the floorplan visible. When I disable CH everything works fine. It looks like this =:

and when i toggle to another floor

any clue ?

Got CCH removed, or so I thought, tonight. I removed it by deleting the directory from my smb share. However, the issues are still present. I have a large gap under the header between the header and the badges. This goes away if I click “Configure UI” from the CH menu. But then once I do that I cannot exit the Configure UI interface so all of my cards have “EDIT” and the move arrows on them until I refresh the page and log in again. I also do not have the Raw Editor option. It returns once I remove CH.

Pardon my poor snipping tool skills, but it’s the area circled in red with the big gap

I also still show CCH as installed when I go to HACS. I am unable to uninstall, it still just spins like it’s trying to uninstall. I’m about to give up on it at this point unless someone has some ideas.

Here’s my code from raw editor:

custom_header:
  compact_mode: true
  background: 'rgba(61, 61, 61, 1)'
  button_text: '{{ hours12 }}:{{ minutesLZ }} {{ ampm }}'
  hidden_tab_redirect: false
  menu_hide: true
title: Home
views:

What version of HA are you using and do you get any errors in HA logs or in your browsers dev-tools?

https://maykar.github.io/custom-header/#issues

When you open your browser’s dev-tools do you see that both “compact custom header” and “compact header” are loading?

That is odd, I’ll be posting a pre-release of CH for 0.107 later tonight or tomorrow. If this is still and issue after installing it, please post the issue to the github page.

4 Likes

I’m on 107.5 currently.
I did find this error in the log. Happening about once per minute until I uninstalled Custom Header.

20:05:30 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202003181] http://hassio:8123/hacsfiles/custom-header/custom-header.js:145:57009 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'shadowRoot' of undefined

Thinking CCH is still installed:

20:01:01 WARNING (MainThread) [hacs] You have maykar/compact-custom-header installed with HACS this repository has been removed, please consider removing it. Removal reason (blacklist)

2020-03-25 20:01:01 ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.factory] maykar/compact-custom-header - Repository is archived.

I’m sure it’s something stupid I’ve done, just can’t figure it out.

So, I think you’re just having multiple issues here. CH doesn’t really support 0.107 (update coming soon) and the hacs issue.

Wait till later tonight or tomorrow for the CH update as that may solve your issue with Custom Header. As long as you deleted the files for compact custom header it should no longer be loading.

Ok, thanks for the help. I’ve uninstalled it for now and will wait for the update and test again. It’s killing me, I really love the compact size. Didn’t catch that 107 wasn’t supported yet.

Thank you @mayker for the time and effort you’ve put into CH thusfar and make it compatible with 0.107

This will make many more users happy! Delayed the updating to 0.107 because I rely too much on this compontent.

1 Like

Pre-Release 1.3.3

This is marked as a pre-release, if you use HACS you will need to “show beta” to see it. I have tested as much as I can, but the combination of configs and the fact that they can all be templated makes testing everything near impossible. Time for you guys to have at it and slam me with issue reports on Github (please, as mentioned in the first post of this thread and the issues section of the docs, place issues on Github and not on the forums)

Many of the new features have not been added to the editor yet, but will be on full release.

On top of fixes for HA version 0.107+ here is what as been added/changed/fixed:

Fixes:

• Things like viewTitle in header/button text should now update on view change.
  • Improvements to active tab to make sure it is shown when selected and not cut off.
  • Fixed tab redirects still being active in disabled mode
  • Other behind the scenes fixes

Added Features:

• hide_reload_resources for yaml mode users
  • hide_ch_settings
  • Tabs will now fill full width of header by default, to restore the previous way of leaving space for buttons to compact on scroll use button_scroll: true

There may be more that I’m forgetting, but I’m exhausted and just need to get this out there for testing.

Thank you for your patience.

7 Likes