Custom Header

Yes make a user for your wife, log her in as that user on her phone. Then add the custom header configuration wherever, doesn’t have to be on her phone. In the config user: needs to be the user’s name, not username. So, if you make the username wife and the user’s name Patricia, then it would be user: Patricia

1 Like

I know it is not for you to answer, but if it is something easy please do.
I added a new user = mywife I gave a password - restarted HA but when i try to connect the phone it won’t let me. What am I doing wrong?

I really couldn’t tell you.

To add a user go into the sidebar and hit “configuration” >> “persons” >> “users” then hit the plus.

To logout hit the circle icon with the username at the bottom of the sidebar then hit the red “logout” text.

Hi
I managed to add my wife as a new user. I have the following yaml code

custom_header:
  button_text:
    options: '{{ hours24 }}:{{ minutesLZ }}'
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
        user: Kiriaki
      config:
        show_tabs: '3'

My tabs are from left
1=default
2=makis
3=kiriaki

With the above at my wifes mobile HA available is only the 1 (default)
Is it counting the tabs from right (as a start) or is it something else wrong?

Like the URL for each view the count starts at zero. Give this a try:

custom_header:
  button_text:
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
      config:
        show_tabs: '2'
        default_tab: '2'

That’s it. Thank you!

it’s the last (I hope)
I tried to add my daughter but although I tried different variations it won’t accept it

custom_header:
  button_text:
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
      config:
        user: Margarita
      config:
        default_tab: '3'

Can’ t I add 1 more person?

custom_header:
  button_text:
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
      config:
    - conditions:
        user: Margarita
      config:
        default_tab: '3'
1 Like

Any info on the status on fixing the Custom Header for HA 0.107? I added some additional info in the GitHub issue, for me it doesn’t work on iOS HA app and not in Google Chrome on Windows.

I have rewritten a good bit of Custom Header to work with 0.107 and panels. I have the majority of things working with the new structure. There are still bugs and basic things that need worked out and am working on it as much as I can. I still haven’t been able to look into the iOS app issues as it doesn’t make sense to do so until I have everything working elsewhere. I would say it’s close, but as a rule I don’t give deadlines for releases.

4 Likes

What about a beta version for adventurers and eager?

There would be no point, you would be looking at a header with incomplete styles and occasionally non-functioning buttons. I understand the urge to be on the cutting edge and the fact that many of you may have more free time with the current state of the world, but if you rely on CH the fix is simple: don’t update to 0.107 quite yet. It’s only been 2 days since it’s release.

2 Likes

I trust CH but my ass was also burning, I am on 0.107.1, without serious problems and waiting for your update Greetings and thank you

2 Likes

Maybe you can downgrade to 0.106 to fix your problems then?

I could do it, but since they are not serious, it is a matter of refreshing the page, I prefer to wait for the update

I somehow hid the whole top bar and now I cannot open the CH options, how do open the settings if all the top part is gone?
I know I can uninstall and install but it still keeps that setting on re-install

Great, thank you.
I was using the CCH addon and just changed to this but which option is it to make the top bar just one line and not too high (as it is by default)

https://maykar.github.io/custom-header/#configuration/main

compact_mode: true

That’s it, thanks again :slight_smile: