Custom Header

so happens I was just editing my sensor:

weather_icon:
        entity_id: sensor.dark_sky_icon, weather.home_darksky, weather.woensdrecht
        friendly_name_template: >
          {{states('sensor.weather_icon').split('weather-')[1]|title}}
        value_template: >
          {% set mapper_icon =
            {'partly-cloudy-night':'night-partly-cloudy'} %}
          {% set mapper_br =
            {'pouring':'pouring',
             'lightning-rainy':'lightning-rainy',
             'snowy-rainy':'snowy-rainy'} %}
          {% set mapper_ds =
            {'clear-night':'night',
             'partlycloudy':'partly-cloudy'} %}
          {% set icon = states('sensor.dark_sky_icon') %}
          {% set woensdrecht = states('weather.woensdrecht') %}
          {% set dark = states('weather.home_darksky') %}

{% set weather = mapper_icon[icon] if icon in mapper_icon else
                           mapper_br[woensdrecht] if woensdrecht in mapper_br else
                           mapper_ds[dark] if dark in mapper_ds else
                           dark if dark in
                             ['sunny','rainy','snowy','snowy-rainy','windy','fog','cloudy','hail','lightning']
                           else 'sunny-alert' %}
            mdi:weather-{{weather}}

and you can use

tab_icons:
  weer_klimaat: >-
    {{states('sensor.weather_icon')}}

in the CH config :wink:

Sounds like an issue report at Github would be a good idea. As Mayker stated a few days back

it might make sense to put it on Github and give it a little time to get resolved. :slight_smile:

Thanks, but why what i posted is not working?
I checked it into test_template and i got the right icon… so why it works in test_template and not in tab_icons?

not sure, Im not certain about the ‘else’ output. what does
{{ states('weather.meteo_darksky')}} result in?

and what does the full sensor in CH have for output? it should only be in the form of

mdi:weather-sunny

while it now has

<ha-icon icon='mdi:weather-sunny'></ha-icon>

try:

mdi:weather-{{'night-partly-cloudy' if is_state('weather.meteo_darksky', 'partlycloudy') else
      states('weather.meteo_darksky') }}

you are mixing template styles, either use the %if%, %else%, %endif% or the shorthand style with ‘if’ ‘else’ in the 1 line, like I posted now above

the long version would be:

{% if is_state('weather.meteo_darksky', 'partlycloudy') %}mdi:weather-night-partly-cloudy
{% else %}  states('weather.meteo_darksky')
{% endif %}

Hmmm… you’re right…in test_template i get only sunny as you see in the screenshot.
What to do?

What is the meaning of this error i get?

2020-04-24 16:59:55 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202004072] https://192.168.1.24:8123/hacsfiles/custom-header/custom-header.js:603:21718 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelector' of undefined
2020-04-24 16:59:56 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202004072] https://192.168.1.24:8123/hacsfiles/custom-header/custom-header.js:603:21718 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'querySelector' of undefined

not sure but it would indicate a template error I fear. What do you see in the inspector? CH shows errors there on incorrect templates

In the inspector i don’t see entries related to CH. Only if i use test_template i get that…

You can use
all_tabs_css: 'zoom:1.50;'

Good evening everyone,
really well done for everything! I use custom header especially for kiosk_mode and compact_mode .
I have 3 dashboards (2 for the tablet and one for the smartphone using the home assistant application).
I wanted to know if it was possible to customize the text in a state-label in the picture elements according to the user.
As you can see in the photo, I have a personalized message:

Goodnight, Fabrizio

is it possible to customize it per user?
example:

Goodnight Mayra

Thanks so much

Change the name to {{user}} and you’re set. This works for header_text in Custom Header as well as all markdown-cards within HA.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
But I didn’t understand what {{user}} can do.
The Name is a sensor template obtained from person.fabrizio.
This is the sensor:

person_fabrizio_name:
  friendly_name: Nome Fabrizio
  entity_id: person.fabrizio
  value_template: "{{ state_attr('person.fabrizio', 'friendly_name') }}"

And this is the sensor for the message:

sidebar_greeting:
  entity_id: sensor.time
  value_template: >-
    {% set t = now().hour %}
    {% if t <= 1 %} Buonanotte, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F611'}}
    {% elif t <= 3 %} Buonanotte, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F62A'}}
    {% elif t <= 5 %} Buonanotte, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F634'}}
    {% elif t <= 7 %} Buongiorno, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F4A9'}}
    {% elif t <= 9 %} Buongiorno, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\u2615\uFE0F'}}
    {% elif t <= 10.5 %} Buongiorno, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F642'}}
    {% elif t <= 13 %} Ciao, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F60A'}}
    {% elif t <= 15 %} Ciao, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F60E'}}
    {% elif t <= 17 %} Ciao, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F44B'}}
    {% elif t <= 19 %} Buonasera, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F44B'}}
    {% elif t <= 22 %} Buonasera, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F60C'}}
    {% elif t <= 23 %} Buonasera, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F974'}}
    {% else %} Buonasera, {{states("sensor.person_fabrizio_name")}}{{'\U0001F974'}}
    {% endif %}

Can you explain better how you would use {{user}} ?

Thanks so much

Sorry now I understand! The problem is that I was wrong! It is not a markdown but a state-label in the picture-elemenst.
Can you do the same?

I only use the markdown card for stuff like this. So I have no idea how you would do this using the state-label (I don’t use that card myself in my syetup). Most likely this involves even more sensors and templates.

Thanks I used with markdown

Maybe I missed something but does anyone else have to reload twice after editing ui-lovelace.yaml? First refresh doesn’t activate kiosk mode but second refresh does. Been happening since 0.107 I believe.

custom_header:
  kiosk_mode: true
  exceptions:
    - conditions:
        user_agent: Mobile
      config:
        kiosk_mode: false

Yes, I have this issue since 107, on both my smartphone UI (footer mode) and tablet UI (kiosk mode). Custom Header doesn’t seem to properly load after reloading resources. Unfortunately I also have cases where I have to reload it 7-8 times for it finally to work.

If you edit your yaml files for lovelace (doesn’t matter which file), you have to reload the sources in lovelace. I would suspect you both do it the “wrong way”. :slight_smile:

F5 or “reload” in your browser only refreshes the page data. If you want to refresh the config, you need to reload lovelace (three dots in the right corner -> refresh). :slight_smile:

Btw that’s not only valid for Custom Header, it works with all changes regarding lovelace files like ui-lovelace.yaml.

EDIT: in my case I mostly have to refresh the page (lovelace refresh) and afterwards one reload via Browser.