Custom Integration: Volkswagen WeConnect ID (Europe)

For the Cupra Born version it was enough to change the /config/custom_components/volkswagen_we_connect_id/manifest.json file

The line with the requirements

"requirements": ["weconnect-cupra-daern==0.49.20", "ascii_magic==1.6"],

I think you need to change this line in the ID.x version to:

"requirements": ["weconnect>=0.54.0", "ascii_magic>=2.0.0"],

Just a guess.

Not just you. Mine has been broken since the last HA update. I too was hoping for a fix but not seen anything yet.

I just yesterday rolled HA back from 2023.6.2 to 2023.5.4 and all is working perfectly again. And this morning an update for integration has been published, which states fixes for e.g.:

and

#182 (Cannot install weconnect==0.54.1, weconnect==0.54.2 and weconnect==0.55.0 · Issue #182 · mitch-dc/volkswagen_we_connect_id · GitHub)

Will try to upgrade over next weekend again.

I can’t seem to find this in HACS. Has it been renamed?

This is what it looks like (yup, still pending the update :slight_smile: )

I have also the problem with the wrong unit “kkWh”:

My config:

sensor:
# ID.4 GTX Charge Energy
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.id_4_gtx_charge_power
    name: ID.4 GTX Charge Energy
    unique_id: 2e013446-d576-4214-8c7e-af080c4e818d
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 1
utility_meter:
# ID.4 GTX Charge Energy Today
  id_4_gtx_charge_energy_today:
    unique_id: 725703e0-3611-4a73-be69-e78f516315bb
    source: sensor.id_4_gtx_charge_energy
    cycle: daily

WeConnect ID Integration sensor:

Home assistant configured sensors:

Could this be that there is a problem with the “native_unit_of_measurement”?

Any one who has set a utility meter up for charged energi monthly and then show it in the energy dashboard?

I have set up an utility meter but I can’t seem to choose it in t the energy dashboard.

I’ve got the integration working, but when I add a second car it only show up with half the number of entities. Does the integration work with more than one vehicle?

Hi all

Just trying to setup the integration for our ID.4. However, as soon as I try to add the integration in HA, I cannot even proceed past the initial configuration screen, as the login screen complains about not having all relevant fields filled out. I only see the username and password field, and they have been filled out.

HA version 2023.7.2 and version 0.1.7 of the integration.

VW have huge problems with the servers and systems the last 2 weeks, so I think it is best to just leave it alone for some time and try again later. You are only wasting your time at the moment.

I just got a brand new ID4 and added this integration. I run however into errors, errors that I haven’t seen in this topic yet.

Most of the time, all data is unavailable. Only for short periods does some data come through, as shown below (same for all sensors):

Some log entries that might be useful:

• socket.gaierror: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address
  • urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x98a1c3d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address
  • urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='emea.bff.cariad.digital', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /vehicle/v1/vehicles (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x98a1c3d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -5] Name has no usable address'))

I checked GitHub - tillsteinbach/VWsFriend: VW WeConnect visualization and control, and there I do get new data in.

Any idea what is causing this?

I also can’t find it in HACS, how did you find it?

You need to add a link to GitHub - mitch-dc/volkswagen_we_connect_id as a custom repository in HACS.

1 Like

Is anyone else getting loads of these warnings in their logs?

(I just upgraded to HA 2023.08 if that is relevant)

I can’t upgrade from 2023.5.4 as the integration doesn’t load.

Sorry if I am wrong, but this thread looks like a “catch all problems thread” - so I add my problem here as well. If there is a better place for asking questions (in a more focused way - github?), please accept my apology and let me know where.

I wonder if there is any possibility to start and stop charging via this integration. I haven’s seen any property or the like…

Thanks,
Rainer

PS: currently , setting the target SOC does not work, so this is no work-around for start/stop charging. Note that this seems to be a Volkswagen backend problem. The target SOC does not sync at all since some days, does also not work with the app.

service: volkswagen_we_connect_id.volkswagen_id_start_stop_charging
data:
  start_stop: start
  vin: aaaa

You can use this service call to start or stop the charging.

2 Likes

I have noticed a similar problem with setting the target state of charge a few weeks ago. Maybe caused by a new sw version on an ID3.
I could not set a target state of charge via home assistant but also not via the Volkswagen app.

In my case I had save my home location in the car and had assigned certain charging parameters.

I believe that this is the cause of the problem. Although it worked fine over a long time I think in the current version of Volkswagen software those setting can not be changed or overwritten remotely.

When I deleted the saved location I was again able to change the target state of charge as before.

Maybe, if others run into the same problem its worthwhile checking if you see the same behavior.

Am I the only one for whom the integration has stopped working recently?

I have two HomeAssitant instances and it failed on both around the time HomeAssistant 2023.10 was released. I updated only one instance and then it worked for a day until it failed again.
I see no problems in the app.

At the bottom of the log in HomeAssistant there is

weconnect.errors.TemporaryAuthentificationError: Token could not be fetched due to temporary WeConnect failure: 403

It has stopped working for me too, around mid-morning yesterday.

I am seeing 403 errors in the HA log, for example: -

Logger: weconnect
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/weconnect/weconnect.py:221
First occurred: 14:44:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:44:12
Failed to retrieve data for VIN WVGZZZE2ZMPXXXXXX: Could not fetch data. Status Code was: 403

I think perhaps the VW API has been changed, but that is only a guess.