Custom Lovelace Card - Homekit style card

it does!:

2 questions:
can we have the name of the entity show in the popup itself, lets say above the icon, or if must, under the percentage

can we color the slider in according to brightness or color(_temp) (its a bit of a big white thing now… especially in dark mode :wink: ) Compare the mode we can use on the button-cards for color_type and color button-card/README.md at master · custom-cards/button-card · GitHub

Or maybe even better have the % update dynamically while using the slider?

yes that’s a valid suggestion, didn’t even notice it didn’t…

for ease of configuration, I’ve reverted to the core more-info on lights, since that has all it takes and shows it rather well designed in 1 overview. brightness, color_temp, color wheel. And doesn’t take anything other than action: more-info, to show for each entity_id.

Hope this card will evolve to do so too, and make the beautiful design enter the config again! thanks.

@Mariusthvdb and @PostSven could you add you feature request in github: https://github.com/DBuit/light-popup-card thank you!

i wanna at this stuff but is easier to remember and track for me in there :slight_smile:

@Mariusthvdb how do you configure this more-info pop-up for all light entities?

1 Like

Not sure I understand what you ask, but, currently, when using a button-card we set eg

hold-action:  #or tap-action
  action: more-info

see button-card/README.md at master · custom-cards/button-card · GitHub

also we can set an action using browser_mod.popup:

hold_action:
    action: call-service
    service: browser_mod.popup
    service_data:
      title: ‘ ‘
      card:
        type: custom:light-popup_card
        entity: "[[[ entity ]]]"

but for that to work, we would need a way to have the popup card use the entity set in that config.

I havent found that yet, so now use the core more-info, which needs no config at all…other than the first small setup

this is parti of my button-card-template, so in my Lovelace config, I use that on all lights, and it automatically sets that config to every entity_id I use it with. 1 time configuration for all lights wherever I want them.

Hello all,

I just released an update of the homekit card: https://github.com/DBuit/Homekit-panel-card
What is added/fixed/changes:

• Add column support . This is optional but if you wanna use this the yams looks a bit different because you have to name the rows and columns in the readme there will be an example.
  • Display state info like brightness percentage for lights or last_changed for sensors not after the state (on/off) but in a circle inspired by A different take on designing a Lovelace UI
  • Custom hold_action. I added the tap_action before and now you can also customize the hold_action the same way
  • Custom double_tap_action. Just like hold you can also set a double_tap_action. By default if no double_tap is defined it will activate the tap action.
  • Icon spin. You can set spin: true on your entity and the icon will start spinning when the state == on can be useful for ventilation for example
  • Small css changes/fixes
  • Rewriten the readme

With the new columns you can now make in interface like this:

2 Likes

Is there any way currently to access the light-popup-card or thermostat-popup-card via the iOS app? It works find when I long press using the mouse via the browser. Long pressing via touch on the app doesn’t work and neither does the deep-press mod. I managed to set the double_tap action to the more-info view and can access that by double tapping via the app, but would prefer to access the popup card.

@atebeta I have it working here just fine, works with anything that envokes ‘more-info’ (tap, hold or double doesn’t matter). Make sure you have that action setup in the entity/button you are holding/tapping.

@DBuit Hi, is it possible for you to create this custom card but for volume level? I tried to edit your card and replaced some stuff, but it didn’t work. I have no experience so I was just editing some ‘brightness’ stuff to ‘volume_set’ and ‘volume_level’ lol. Would be amazing for my media players. Then I can set the input sources under that instead of scenes by using actions :slight_smile:

Not sure, what I’m doing wrong. When I define the ‘more-info’ view to be evoked by double tap it just brings up the normal more-info view for the entity, not the popup-card.

Here is my code:

type: 'custom:homekit-card'
entities:
  - entities:
      - entity: light.bedroom_light
        name: Bedroom
        double_tap_action:
          action: more-info
          entity: light.bedroom_light
    title: Lights
    popup:
      type: 'custom:light-popup-card'

I haven’t added anything else to the ui configuration file regarding the popup.

Hello,

popup: part is only triggered on the hold action.
With tap_action, hold_action and double_tap_action you can overwrite te default stuff but it is possible if you use browser_mod by thomas loven this got a popup service so than you can call this service as action on double_tap_action.

The hold works fine on my ipad, i dont have an iphone so that is hard to test for me…
If anyone else has an idea what i can do to make this better??

I use this with browser mod btw, I think that’s the reason it works with me. I have it set up globally in my lovelace view. I highly recommend you to try tthis card in conjunction with browser mod :slight_smile:

I created a quick new pop-up card after suggested by @ASNNetworks
It it the same popup card as the lights but now the slider controls your volume of your media_player.

And you can configure extra actions to add more control like next and previous song and play/pause your media_player.

Repo with example configuration can be found here: https://github.com/DBuit/media_player-popup-card
Screenshot:

3 Likes

You are amazing! :heart:

Working great!

1 Like

I got the popup cards working now, I think there was some left over configuration from the old custom compact header mod that was messing things up, but now I have a different issue. When I open the popup card the iOS text select is highlighting the brightness value or the ‘off’ state as in the below picture. It’s not always there, but more often than not it is.

Hi @DBuit, thx for the nice work! Loving the added columns and rows!

I do have a small feature request:

Would it be possible to add an option to create larger tiles (e.g. a tile with the width of 2 tiles, or the height of 2 tiles, or both)? This would be very handy, as some components are just too large to fit in a single tile.

@atebeta that is really strange ! Bot really an Idea how to fix this :thinking:

@pjmaenh geest Idea could you also add this on github as an issue? That is easier for me to keep track :+1:

Just wanted to show my progress…
@DBuit: Thanks again. I really love your work!!

I created a dashboard and placed my Lovelace into it as an iFrame to get all the stuff I wanted to show into it. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the background in Lovelace fully tranparent?

2 Likes

I have an empty black popup card as well and can’t seem to figure out what is causing this.

The below config is what I use as a test:

- title: "Example"
    icon: mdi:home-outline
    path: "example"
    panel: true
    cards:
      - type: "custom:homekit-card"
        home: false
        title: "Home"
        titleColor: "#000"
        entities:
          - title: Lampen
            entities: 
              - entity: light.living_room_gateway_light
                popup:
                  type: "custom:light-popup-card"

When I setup a light-popup-card without homekit-card, it does work.

The console contains a statement indicating something going wrong in light-popup-card.js:159:26422

TypeError: this.hass is undefined

Not sure if this related. Does anybody know what I can adjust?

Can you share how you are calculating the number of lights turned on? This is a great feature I want to have working with your cards. Thanks!

1 Like

Great work on this card, but I must be doing something wrong. I’ve got a bunch of entities (mostly lights and input_booleans) and they’re all appearing just fine. But tapping on them does nothing. I’ve tried different browsers on PC and on mobile, reloading Lovelace, refreshing, disabling plugins - nothing!

What am I doing wrong?

- type: "custom:homekit-card" 
    home: true
    title: "Lights"
    useBrightness: false
    enableColumns: false
    statePositionTop: true
    entities:
      - title: Automation
        entities:
          - entity: input_boolean.evening_mode
            icon: mdi:weather-sunset