Custom Lovelace Card - Homekit style card

Also replaced the js file, but still the same behavior. Sorry. :frowning:

Hello everyone,

So i have been sick for a few days so did do muchā€¦
Today i have been working on my cards again and just set new version on github: https://github.com/DBuit/Homekit-panel-card/releases/tag/0.4

Iā€™m trying something new for click, double click and hold actions that hopefully work better and also work on all devices let me know how it works for you guys.

Some new things also:
Some global configuration options:

• rulesColor do set the text color of the rules
  • tileHoldAnimation when set to true the tiles will grow :slight_smile:

Tile size configuration:

• wider makes the tile 2 tileā€™s width
  • higher makes the tile 2 tileā€™s height
    For now it is best used to not combine heigher tiles with normal tiles because it just looks weird.

In the new version you can now also overwrite tap_action for lights and switches!

2 Likes

I know this isnā€™t directly related to this card but I want to know if you are interested in developing more on your sonos card? I am now using your cards on all my devices and love it! Now i want to focus on my media player for sonos. I want to try replicate as close as I can to the Sonos app, is it possible we can add the playlist que as well? I would also like to have the ability to shorten the favorites list or a way to display it different than one long list. Let me know if you have any time to look at this in the future. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Hi @dacorn so you are using this card? https://github.com/DBuit/custom-sonos-card
I will probably update it to home kit style one day if you have idea to make it better let me know.

I donā€™t think you can get playlist in home assistant you can check media_player options in documentation of home assistant to see what is possbile for inspiration

Yes I have this card running in my dev environment but I would like to enhance it before moving it to my live system. Here are a couple items to help improve the card.

1. List favorites as you do now, but allow for controlling how many to list, we can have a next and back, this way the list isnā€™t too long.

2. get the que of songs for the playlist. This way we can see the next sone that will play.

Both of these will require the album art as well.

I can check th favorites list but as far as i know home assistant gas no data about the playlist so cant display next OR previous songs. Also when you play radio on your Sonos home assistant does not know what the source is spotify, radio OR something else that also makes it difficult

Ah ok, yes you need to have access to the Sonos API to get the song que so that will be hard. I will see if I can find who did the original Sonos integration. I thought perhaps you were using the API directly.

I think the other changes are doable but I will let you decide if you have time to do it. Thanks again so much!

@DBuit @dacorn I just wanted to chime in and show you how I have my music set up, perhaps you can use this can give you ideas how to create the Sonos card (I donā€™t have Sonos myself btw).

Basically you see three cards here:
Top: my Chromecast speakers/group speakers using button-card. Each is tied to the Spotcast call-service action that starts my ā€˜Discovery Weeklyā€™ Playlist from Spotify. When Iā€™m already playing Spotify from a different device, pressing it will transfer it to that speaker/group. The icon and label reflect the music app (eg. Spotify, YouTube Music or else) and volume level. Holding a button opens the media-popup-card.

Middle: those are buttons that each is tied to the Spotcast call-service that starts a specific Spotify playlist on my default speaker group of choice. I think this would be a great addition to a popup-card. Which you can already do by simply using the same call-service actions.

Low: that is the mini-mediaplayer-card wil full-cover activated. This card is conditional, depending on which speakers are active, they show/hide. Sony and Badkamer form Multispeakers. So when Multispeakers is on as a group, Sony and Badkamer will hide their mini-mediaplayer-card. When they have seperate things on, they each show it etc.

Maybe this post is completely useless to you lol, but I thought it couldnā€™t hurt to give an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just updated via HACS. Small check and it seems it works fine now. But i have to have a closer look tomorrow. Iā€™ll give some feedback.

Hello together, I would like to ask if anybody knows if it is possible to open custom lovelace cards (like the climate popup card from @DBuit ) directly via the tap_action override option of the homekit-panel-card?

For example: I have some switches and especially my climate entities for which I would like to open an popup card instead of the homeassistant more-information dialogue with one single tap_action

Thnaks in advance

@ASNNetworks No this is great I would like to dig into this you have some very good ideas here. I will come back with more questions! Thanks!

1 Like

Is it possible to use the cover-popup-card also without this ā€œthemeā€? If yes, how would a example card look like? Im trying to build one, but its always showing errors, if add a manual card with this config:

type: custom:cover-popup-card
entity: cover.shelly_shsw_25_740a75
sliderService: cover.set_cover_position
actionsInARow: 2
actions:
  - service: cover.open_cover
    service_data:
      entity_id: cover.shelly_shsw_25_740a75
    name: open
    icon: mdi:window-shutter-open
  - service: cover.close_cover
    service_data:
      entity_id: cover.shelly_shsw_25_740a75
    name: close
    icon: mdi:window-shutter

Hi it is a normal card Just like any other so you can Just use it in your lovelace wherever you want. Your code should work i think. What error do you het?

Hi @CM000n if you have card mod from Thomas loven it has a service to open a card as pop up. I think that is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply.
But I donā€™t think that this is what Iā€™m looking for.

I want to open for example your switch popup card with just one single tab. At the moment I have to use long press for that.

Yes i understand and you can do it with browser mod (i typed card mod)
So you could do 2 things:

1. Overwrite the moreinfo popup globally with browser mod and set this on the tap_action
tap_action:
   action: more-info
   entity: input_number.blindone

Or call the popup service on the tap_action:

tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: browser_mod.popup
  service_data: 
      title: Popup example
      card:
        type: entities
        entities:
          - light.voordeurlicht
      deviceID:
        - this

Is it doable to create picture entity with device tracker and status, something like @jimz011 did here

I want this in my home view, so probobly with:

- type: "custom:homekit-card"
        home: true
        rules: |

Not shure what to put in rules?
Also, can I change color of the buttons?

Thanks @DBuit. I will have a look in that :slight_smile:

@INTEL so you can make something like that by loading the picture-glance card inside the tile and overwrite the style to make what you want.

Just a quick thing i made to show you:

Of course not the same but you can see the picture card inside the tile.
This is the configuration for this example:

entities:
                  - title: Test
                    entities:
                      - card: picture-glance
                        wider: true
                        higher: true
                        cardOptions:
                          entities:
                            - device_tracker.58_cb_52_92_08_89
                          title: demo
                          image: /local/demo.jpeg

You can also add cardStyle to make the styling fit better in the tile. Some documentation in the readme: https://github.com/DBuit/Homekit-panel-card#custom-card-as-a-tile

Hope this helps you let me know how it goes!!

Itā€™s a bit too wide to fit 2 picturesā€¦
That leadā€™s me to the next questionā€¦ Is it possible to make buttons a bit smaller to fit 4 entities instead of 3?