Custom Lovelace Card Ideas

@iantrich Yeah you’re probably right. I’ll go see if there’s some interest with the author of the other card. Thanks!

Sounds pretty easy. I might take a look

1 Like

I took a look at my cards, and I think I’ve come up with a couple that I’d definitely use.

One would be a way to make a home theater system card. Right now I’ve got a media player card for both a TV and a Yamaha stereo. It’d be cool to have one card that you could turn on and off everything or other settings in one place instead of several.

Another one would be some good way to organize automations. Right now I use fold groups, which works fine, but doesn’t have a way to mass turn on/off automations. Basically I’m open to try other things.

And lastly, but not nearly as needed is I’ve made myself a picture elements card for my system monitor sensors. I’m sure there’s a cooler way to do it other than just placing icons and the values.

Hope that’s what you’re looking for! I don’t have anything started or really and idea on what you’d need so I’m hesitant to submit it to the repo…

A persistent notification card. Right now I’m using a combination of a conditional and the custom useful markdown card. But this doesn’t give me the ability to dismiss the message.

That sounds a good idea for core. Mind adding it here https://github.com/home-assistant/ui-schema/issues?

A public transport card for the GTFS sensor would be awsome !

I’m using the custom gtfs from @renemarc, it can display the next scheduled transport.

Would love a card like the one he made with custom ui.

Thanks mate !

@jusdwy what do you think about a badge counter on the bell to start? I’m think a dismissable bottom sheet would be great as well or a snack bar

I think you’re much higher level on this than me. But I’m excited for the potential you see.

We need a better light card. One that scales.

I would like to see a more integrated way to set schedules. The end result would be setting an input_boolean or similar entity to on/off at scheduled times.

I’m thinking of something along the lines of calendar views, probably multiple views with granularity down to minutes and up to months?

-Jan

That is just something for core. Not for a new card

Maybe something else then:

We’re setting up HA at work for our new office and we plan to use it for the alarm system. We want to put up a dashboard tablet with the alarm control panel but would like the panel to require windows/doors to be closed/locked before being able to arm the alarm.

I know this can be set up using a combination of conditional entity cards but I believe there could be a nicer way of showing it.

This alarm will warn you if windows or doors are open when arming:

I don;t mean fix the one that’s there. Rethink it entirely.

1 Like

Hello, I stumbled across/was directed tp this thread. Are ideas still appreciated? My house’s doors, windows and garage doors are wired for alarm. There is even a second building with a garage door that emits an alarm when open. All of these “wired” signals are eventually transmitted wirelessly (2GIG) and my RTL-SDR receives them. It translates them into MQTT messages.

What I like is a card that shows an outline of the two buildings. Portions of the outline can change color (blink) when an event happens (e.g. (garage) door or windows opens/closes).

I am imagening I need something that draw a line between two points, and optionally assigns a label (e.g. “zone1”) to the line. If an MQTT messages for “zone1” is received, all lines labelled “zone1” will e.g. blink?

Does this exist (for lovelace)?

Sounds doable with floorplan

Oooh I forgot about this thread. I’m guessing this sort of thing would require a custom component not just a custom front end card?

sheduler

2 Likes

I think I heard (podcast?) or read (forum?) somewhere that ‘they’ are working on a native HA scheduler…

This is exactly what HA needs as a core feature. It would make automations super easy and flexible

1 Like

I have another one. How about a wind rose card?

1 Like