Custom Lovelace Card Ideas

This alarm will warn you if windows or doors are open when arming:

I don;t mean fix the one that’s there. Rethink it entirely.

1 Like

Hello, I stumbled across/was directed tp this thread. Are ideas still appreciated? My house’s doors, windows and garage doors are wired for alarm. There is even a second building with a garage door that emits an alarm when open. All of these “wired” signals are eventually transmitted wirelessly (2GIG) and my RTL-SDR receives them. It translates them into MQTT messages.

What I like is a card that shows an outline of the two buildings. Portions of the outline can change color (blink) when an event happens (e.g. (garage) door or windows opens/closes).

I am imagening I need something that draw a line between two points, and optionally assigns a label (e.g. “zone1”) to the line. If an MQTT messages for “zone1” is received, all lines labelled “zone1” will e.g. blink?

Does this exist (for lovelace)?

Sounds doable with floorplan

Oooh I forgot about this thread. I’m guessing this sort of thing would require a custom component not just a custom front end card?

sheduler

2 Likes

I think I heard (podcast?) or read (forum?) somewhere that ‘they’ are working on a native HA scheduler…

This is exactly what HA needs as a core feature. It would make automations super easy and flexible

1 Like

I have another one. How about a wind rose card?

1 Like