Custom Secondary Info for Entities Card

@finity - I don’t think it makes sense to add this to other types of cards. This card relies on the format / structure of the entity card to override the secondary_info element that already exists inside of it. The same approach could potentially be used to customize other standard HA cards, but it would be a completely separate effort. Anyone can use this card as a example of how to do it!

Version 0.1.1 is visible at the custom_updater. Thank you for the quick response and solution :slight_smile:

Hi @cameron i’m using a custom component made by @renemarc, https://github.com/renemarc/home-assistant-config/tree/master/gtfs.

1 Like

Hi, this seems to be broken with v0.88, anyone else’s not working ?

1 Like

Yes, seems to be a problem since the 0.88 update.
The JS library has been updated:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MizterB/lovelace-secondaryinfo-entity-row/master/secondaryinfo-entity-row.js

Thx a lot for the update :wink:

Thanks, I tried that update, (still says v0.1) and still not working

Same here … 0.88 broke all my stuff, be damned watchtower :smile: !

Looking into this now…seems to be a timing issue. I am able to see secondary info populate after update events are sent to to the entities (less than a minute after loading).

Version 0.2 released. This resolves the timing issue in HA 0.88

Make sure you are using the latest card-tools 0.3 commit (from Feb 19 - deb8e3). Otherwise this card will not load correctly (red error message).

I’ve made sure to update both, but the issue remains, I get the “Custom element doesn’t exist error” …

Thanks, working now for me! :slight_smile:

Did you do something else besides update both components ? I cleared the cache from my brower(s) but the issue remains.

I had my custom card js files in a custom location (’/local/custom_ui/secondaryinfo-entity-row.js’ instead of ‘/local/secondaryinfo-entity-row.js’), and it wouldn’t work for me with that config.

I changed it to the default and now works for me. Might be worth checking?

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:. Mine is already at this place (/local/secondaryinfo-entity-row.js) … strange indeed.

Ah, right. Yeah, strange.

All working again now, many thanks

With the help of the mighty chrome inspector, I’ve made sure that the plugin location is correct:

And that the correct version is loaded:

Still, the error remains:

I’m pretty sure something must be right in front of my eyes and I don’t see it.

edit:

Made sure card-tools is ok too:

where did you find that information?

@Vlavonvidden - card-tools needs to be at the latest commit to prevent that error. If you are still seeing it despite being on the latest code, you might be running a cached version of card-tools. Try clearing your cache, or ensuring that the code you see contains this:

static litElement() {
    return Object.getPrototypeOf(customElements.get('home-assistant-main'));
  }
2 Likes

That was it … I think something went wrong with the custom updater, it was showing the correct commit number but the file did not contain the line you quoted.

COpy/pasting from github solved the issue. Thanks a lot :slight_smile: !

@finity, I found that information using chrome inspector.